PDA

View Full Version : Yip Kins Malaysian Wing Chun anybody know anything about it

FIRE HAWK
03-09-2002, 01:15 AM
One person on a other forum posted this about it ? And i know its in the book complete Wing Chun just wondered if there was more information on Yip Kin and his Malaysian Wing Chun ? Heres what the guy posted Are there exist other style of Wing Chun? -- Jack, 09:07:59 02/12/02 Tue

I had seen that the Malaysian Wing Chun (Yip Kin) is different from the Yip Man style. The forms and some concepts also differ from the popular Yip man style. I found that it is more traditional and soft in the sense of blocking and intercepting fists. And I been told that Yip Kin was learn his marvellous skills from a monk named 'So Gai Ming'. Can i have more infromations about this and the lineage of wing chun which contain 'So Gai Meng'. Thank you.

reneritchie
03-09-2002, 05:30 AM
Far as I know, like most South East Asian versions of WCK, Yip Kin's system combines elements of WCK and other Southern arts (I believe in his case White Crane and some village Hung). They were more concerned with daily survival than the purity of any lineage.

Yip Kin supposedly learned his other arts first, then picked up some WCK from his wife or father in law. They are more traditional in that they have the foundation of White Crane and Hung. It didn't look softer to me, rather more like the flavor of Hung style two-man sets. They also use an iron dummy instead of wood.

Rgds,

RR