PDA

View Full Version : Leung Sheung student, Woo Fai Cheng?????

Phil Redmond
03-10-2002, 12:02 AM
Has anyone ever heard of, Woo Fai Cheng? There is someone teaching in Detroit that says he is a student of Woo Fai Cheng, and that Woo Fai Cheng was a student of Leung Sheung. He also says that he is the Chi Sao champion of the U.S. Chinese Martial Arts Association, (U.S.C.M.A.A). Anyone ever heard of this organization?
P Redmond

Peter Aarts
03-10-2002, 03:20 AM
What is a chi sao champion. How does one become champion.

Sihing73
03-10-2002, 09:32 AM
Hi Phil,

Saw this inquiry on the WCML as well. I did not see him listed under Leung Sheung nor any of his major students, but that does not mean anything. I will ask Sifu Chow this Tuesday to see if he remembers or knows anything. No promises.

Peace,

Dave

kj
03-10-2002, 06:57 PM
I did not hear of Woo Fai Cheng before. One of my sihings believe's he may have met the Detroit fellow that you mention at a tournament one time; said he was a really big guy. I will try to remember to inquire about Woo Fai Cheng when I see Ken.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Phil Redmond
03-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks KJ,
It's probably him. He is a big black guy with dread locks. His name is 'Master' Cedric Grayson. I first met him about 5 years ago when I moved here from Connecticut. He has students all over the Metro Detroit area. I'm just really curious as to his lineage. In his video on Siu Lim Tao, he says that he is a student of Woo Fai Cheng, and that Woo Fai Cheng was a student of Leung Sheung. After hearing that he came to my kwoon and I ran out of the back door, I'm now wondering about everthing else he claims. I think he calls his school, The Silent Warrior, or The Red Boat. He has listings on wingchun.org. (Michigan). I just hope that he's not using Leung Sheung's name improperly.
Peace,
Phil

kj
03-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Feel free to drop me your email address if you don't mind. You can reach me via the email link in my profile. I will see Ken within the next couple of weeks, then follow up with you.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo