PDA

View Full Version : Votes for best mag...

WinnipegDragon
02-11-2001, 10:59 PM
Hmmm... No offense to our hosts intended...

I just want to get an idea from those who are in the know... If you had a subscription to a single magazine as your resource for news in information regarding your southern KF style, what mag would you get? As you might have guessed, I would like to subscribe to one, but funds allow for one only. Thus, I ask...

Thanks in advance!

I said to her, "For you who are so old but forever young I have many questions."

She said to me, "And I have but one answer - you must be a silhouette of the dragon against the moon."

Kung Lek
02-12-2001, 12:32 AM
well, that's a toughy, 'cause sometimes there is great stuff in one mag and other times it is well...lacking in substance.

But Kung Fu Qigong is a pretty good magazine (no I'm not bootlicking! It's a pretty good mag!)

Inside Kung Fu has had great stuff in it as well as bad stuff in it.

a really good one, (none of these are specific to southern styles) is Journal of Asian Martial Arts.
Always has good quality and in depth information.
I like this one the most even though most of the time it has very little to do with Kung Fu at all.
It's expensive though and it only comes out 4 or 6 times a years at about 16 bucks cdn a pop !!!

so for a cheaper one, I would have to go with Kung Fu /QiGong Magazine. All Kung Fu No BJJ! hahaha, c'mon you rollers, you wanna say something don't you? huh? c'mon i know you got it in ya!! hahaha, kidding.

peace

Kung Lek