PDA

View Full Version : "chi" a Fraud? Would anyone study at this school?

FullCircle
03-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Hello, I am a transplanted Martial artist who studied in Washington State. I moved to Davenport, Iowa to attend chiropractic school. I came across this instructor/school who claims to teach Tai Chi/Hsing-I/Pa-Kua yet claims that "chi" is a fraud! Can someone/anyone please visit his website and tell me what you think?(www.Kungfu4u.com). He claims to belong to the "James Randi" foundation who has a standing offer of 1 million dollars to anyone who can prove that "chi" exists. So far, everyone he claims has failed. He has a web forum at his site. I've never met this instructor before but he seems very arrogant and I question his lineage also. Please--any comments are welcome. Thank you. Lonnie Ellismann

dwid
03-11-2002, 02:41 PM
see my reply on the internal forum.

short answer: no.

guohuen
03-11-2002, 04:12 PM
This moron is too stupid for words. He claims to teach Chen style Tai Chi Chuan and does not believe in chi? He must have some interesting spiraling jing. Perhaps he eats a lot of spinach and uses the popeye technique. Friggen horses patoot.

Shaolindynasty
03-11-2002, 04:21 PM
Seeing surgery done only with acupuncture for a seditive, I don't see how you can deny qi completely.

Looking breifly at the web page it seems this guy isn't against qi but those demos done by people like Rich Mooney. I could be wrong though since I didn't read too much of that site.

redfist
03-11-2002, 05:31 PM
my take is that he has no problem with the concept of chi,
as far as moving objects at a distance or healing a disease purely
by chi projection,he has some doubts,as do i,of present day humans,
but i also believe anything is possible,the amount of training and commitment to do this is incredable,

we live in very degenerate times,as ordinary beings of this aeon it`s my feeling that we don`t have the karma to witness such acts.
henceforth,we know it once could be done and since people can`t do it some try to fake it,giving it a bad name,once the are exposed,
there are many snake oil salesmen out there,beware.