PDA

View Full Version : Teacher in NYC named Cheung Wah?

mono68
03-11-2002, 04:25 PM
To All:
Does any one in the NYC area know if this teacher still teaches. I met him a long time ago in NYC chinatown in his school on Grand street. Would like to know if he still teaches or any of his old students. I knew he trained and taught Seven star praying Mantis and another style.If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. No Trolls!!!!

DF
03-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Last I heard, he moved the school to 8th Ave in Brooklyn, but that was a few years ago.

DF

mono68
03-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Hello DF:
Thank you for the info do you where in 8th ave in brooklyn. is it in the new Chinatown ? I also heard he may have taught in Bushwich (not sure if saying it write) Brooklyn?

Buby
03-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Bushwich is right by me. I'll ask around for ya.

Take care,
Buby

mono68
03-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Hey NYC kung fu brothers:

Still waiting for info I know NYC is big ,but the kung fu community is well know someone would know.

Regards,
Mono68

fuhok-kid
03-27-2002, 08:44 AM
hey mono68, I live in Springfield,mass. and practise hung gar and eagle claw. There is a hung gar school here called chung wah tiger crane. I asked my hung gar sifu in Boston and he said that school belongs to a student of a guy call Chung Wah! He also said that Chung Wah used to teach hung gar in Chinatown but quit teaching a few years ago. I think he still lives in Boston? Hope that helps!:D
Take care.

mono68
03-27-2002, 12:14 PM
Thank for the info,
but this teacher did not teach hung ga nor eagle claw. He did teach seven star praying mantis and fukien lion style. I have heard about that other teacher from friends also in Boston who studied under him. Anyway Thanks for the Info..