PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Jas Bourne (et. al)

IronFist
03-11-2002, 08:44 PM
Man, since no one wants to answer my question on my other thread, dispite me bumping it up twice, I'll make a new thread :)

Jas Bourne, you asked some WC questions (here (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=134550#post134550) ) and I tried my best to answer (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=134817#post134817) them based on my totally limited knowledge, but you (nor anyone else) ever said if my answers were close or not, or gave me the right answers. So, here's your questions:

The tan sau goes forward along the centerline. Why? Where is your intention during tan sau positioning? Why? Where is the crook of your elbow pointing? Why? What leads your huen sau movement? Why? Where is your tailbone? Your neck?

What are the right answers? :)

IronFist

Frank Exchange
03-12-2002, 05:50 AM
Here are my attempts at answering. Flame away if you disagree. I am wearing my asbestos underpants today. Your fire shall not harm me.

>>The tan sau goes forward along the centerline. Why? Where is your intention during tan sau positioning? Why? Where is the crook of your elbow pointing? Why? What leads your huen sau movement? Why? Where is your tailbone? Your neck? <<

The tan sao goes forward along the centreline at the beginning of SLT, because the centreline is the shortest distance between you and your opponents body. There are certain situations in which you need to have the tan sao on the centre, and many more in which you dont, that is why the subsequent tan saos inthe rest of the form place less emphasis on the centre.

The intention of the tan sao should be forward towards the opponent, any other direction is inefficient use of energy.

Crook of the elbow? Dont really know what this means, but assume it means pointing down towards the floor, to give you the correct structure.

Huen sao? Not too sure, dont use it that much. Possibly the opponent pushing down on your arm, you could huen then.

Your tailbone is tucked up and in to get correct structure in the stance, and your neck is on top of your shoulders, even a beginner should know that! :) Seriously, your neck is straight and relaxed, upright, not leaning forward or back.

I kind of ran out of steam towards the end there..

IronFist
03-24-2002, 01:18 PM
Bump for Jas Bourne.

IronFist