PDA

View Full Version : squirrel fist?

Tvebak
03-12-2002, 06:12 AM
one of my good friends just started studying kungfu, and she sent me the name of her style...and its Squirrel fist.
So now im kind of curios. Anyone got some info on this style?
It seems like a good and serious school from what i heard but im fearing it may be some newly made up style.

Badger
03-12-2002, 07:08 AM
"the way of snatching nuts fist"

Theres also Flying Grey Squirrel Kungfu.

Now heres something we hope you really like.(darn, cartoon impressions are hard to do on the internet)

Badger

JWTAYLOR
03-12-2002, 07:30 AM
Suirrels kick a$$. Never fu(k with a squirrel. If I could be any other animal, it would be a squirrel. Did you know that Texas squirrels are immune to rattlesnake venom? True. The females will pounce on rattlesnakes so that they can get them to rattle and maybe strike so that the squirrel can determine how dangerous they are. If the squirrel doens't think they are a threat, they won't even move their nest.

Fear the squirrel fist.

Oh, and the skunk fist. REALLY fear the skunk fist.

Oh, and the donkey punch. REALLY, REALLY fear the donkey punch.

JWT

Tvebak
03-12-2002, 07:45 AM
I really enjoyed your replies...only prob is..i was not kidding...and i found the homepage...

http://www.geocities.com/halmat_kung_fu/index.html

ewallace
03-12-2002, 07:48 AM
Interpretation please somebody?

JWTAYLOR
03-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Well, I wasn't kidding about the squirrel stuff either. The furry b@stards are tough!

But the guy in that site looks allot more like a weazle than a squirrel.

JWT

guohuen
03-12-2002, 08:07 AM
"B..U..L..L..W..I..N..K..L..E.......!!!"
Natasha is hot! And oh yeah, Rockys' real name was Jane!

ewallace
03-12-2002, 08:10 AM
Here we go again with Jon "El Burro" Taylor.:rolleyes:

guohuen
03-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Regarding the website. Nice bloomers!

Badger
03-12-2002, 08:19 AM
But... can a squirrel beat your wienie dog??

Badger

Ryu
03-12-2002, 08:20 AM
"Did you know that Texas squirrels are immune to rattlesnake venom? True. "

What?? Are you sure? That seems a bit far fetched. :)

Ryu

ewallace
03-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Squirrels are good eats too. One of my friends went hunting up in Ohio and brought back two squirrels. One of them actually had a nut in it's mouth when it got shot. We cooked it with the nut in. No one ate the nut though.

Badger
03-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Atleast you didnt eat the squirrels nut.:eek:

Badger

JWTAYLOR
03-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Yep, quite true.

Moreover, the entirety of Texas is under a rabies quarantine. So, if one of the little b@stards bites you, get thee to a doctor and quick like.

And no, the Wiener Dog is supreme. Most people don't know it, but the Weiner "Dog" isn't all dog. It's actually a miracle of modern genetics. You see the Nazi's wanted an "ubber dog", but quickly realized the dog's inherant weaknesses. So, in their unholy ferver, they did the unthinkable. They succesfully spliced the genetic sequence of a Doberman Pincer with a Florida Alligator. Strange, but true. The unholy abomination that they worked toward was realized in the modern Weiner "Dog".

Some of that last part could have been made up.

JWT

ewallace
03-12-2002, 08:35 AM
I don't eat chin-nuts either :)

ewallace
03-12-2002, 08:37 AM
I have always had the urge to barbeque a weiner dog. They just look like they would be good. That Taco Bell dog too. A little hot sauce...ummm...forget taco sunday.

ewallace
03-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

No_Know
03-12-2002, 09:39 AM
They seem flexible and strong. They have energy work for relaxing and unblocking something. Seems like something. Good stuff.~

Tvebak
03-12-2002, 02:20 PM
I have seen some bits of the forms and techs of the style...the forms seem like longfist and the techs are GREAT...very self defence oriented including some biting and som nasty tech with skin grapping and pulling.
also i like that they have staff training along with their basic training...
So i got one serious reply...at least u people had fun.

Kristoffer
03-12-2002, 02:26 PM
Tvebak - that's a swedish school.. It's in Skärholmen, our Bronx if u will.

It's bogus. All made up, really nonsens. I can't beleive u think they have 'great technique' :mad: :rolleyes: Oh.. my.. GOD are u high or something?

ugh.. a friend of a friend used to train there untill he noticed that my friend advanced better than him really fast. He then went to our scholl for a try and he never returned to Halmat "Kung Fu" again.

JWTAYLOR
03-12-2002, 03:13 PM
So wait, is it fake or not?
A translation would be very helpfull, especially if it's funny.
JWT

No_Know
03-12-2002, 04:59 PM
"It's bogus. All made up, really nonsens. I can't beleive u think they have 'great technique' Oh.. my.. GOD are u high or something?

ugh.. a friend of a friend used to train there untill he noticed that my friend advanced better than him really fast. He then went to our scholl for a try and he never returned to Halmat "Kung Fu" again."

You are claiming that a single person's lack of progress equaling his friend's~ progress, proves that the School is bogus.

Kristoffer
03-13-2002, 11:36 AM
Nope.. I've too have seen these self defence tecniques. It's crap.

Like this one:
What to do if someone puts a knife on your throt and asks for your cellphone.. Look up really fast, and when the mugger looks up to check whats there.. kick his FEET.. (ough, this is really true thats the sad part) HIS FEET GOD ****IT!! Then u strike HIS belly. Yeah, thats the shiznit. Jesus Christ Tvebak..:rolleyes:

Kristoffer
03-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Oh and Know_Nothing:

Lek inte smart.. (look that up u know it all punk)
:p

Tvebak
03-13-2002, 01:06 PM
Christoffer...the things i have seen from the school seemed very diffeerent from what you decribe, more with groinpunching, biting,skingrapping, elbows and similair stuff.
Dont take me for being stupid or smoking strange things please.
Also what i have heard they seem like a very nice school with a good teaching filosofi.
This is just my impression, thanks for sharing yours:)
Are there any other schools in the area that you can recomend?

Kristoffer
03-13-2002, 03:16 PM
Hmm.. well I think they may have other schools other than the one in Skärholmen, but I doubt that it is different. Come on, have u seen their pics? Hilarious :D
"groinpunching, biting,skingrapping,
elbows and similair stuff."
That, beleive it or not aint really exotic in the martial art Kung Fu.
I'm not gonna bash it more, I'll only give you my (and about all martial artists in sthlm that dont train there :D ) opinion. The pot thing was only a expression of speech, I dont really care if u smoke or not.

" Are there any other schools in the area that you can recomend?"
By this, do you mean in the area of Skärholmen? Or in Stockholm overall? What martial art?

seriously Tve,, u cant help but laugh at a 'squirrel style' I mean does it sound serious? :D
I'm not dissing anyone except the style it self.

JWTAYLOR
03-13-2002, 03:43 PM
Mock the squirell at your own peril.

Beware the furry claws of death.

JWT

fiercest tiger
03-13-2002, 03:57 PM
nothing beats the skunk fist, PERIOD!

Hannes
03-13-2002, 05:19 PM
Hi (my first post here ;)

According to the information on this webpage I have to say it does sound a little suspicious to me. Of course this webpage and the information on it could be written by a student or someone else who's not that well-informed, so I won't say that the school itself is bad. However, if I would ever start training there I would need much more information on the style and its history to believe it's something I would want to spend time learning, and especially go and see how they train and to see what kind of people train there.

I've made a simple translation of some of the information on the style from the webpage, so everyone can understand and make their own interpretation.

In swedish:
"Vi utövar ett system som bygger på fem olika stilar (ekorre, tupp, krabba, häst och tjej). Huvudstilen är ekorrstilen, som är en av de traditionella stridskonsterna i Kina, som är hämtad från ekorrens livsstil på grund av djurets enorma styrka, snabbhet och smidighet.

Stilen grundades för 2000 år sedan i Xenan-provinsen i Kina. Stilen består av 10.000 olika tekniker. Man använder också en del vapen, bl a solfjäder, kortstav, trepinnar, svärd, m m. Stilens huvudfilosofi är att använda kortaste sträckan mellan två punkter och motattacker med en serie slag och sparkar."

My translation in english:
"We train in a system based on five different styles (squirrel, rooster, crab, horse and girl). The main style is the squirrel style, which is one of the traditional martial arts in China, based on the squirrels way of life because of the animals enormous strength, speed and agility.

The style was formed 2000 years ago in the Xenan province of China. The style consists of 10.000 different techniques. You also use some weapons like fan, shortstaff, threesticks, sword among others. The headphilosophy of the style is to use the shortest range between two points and counterattack with a series of punches and kicks."

I have to say it sounds a little bit weird, but as I said: the school might be great with lots of nice people training there, so all I can say is that I've never heard of these styles, or of a province in China called Xenan. But even if it isn't a 2000 year old traditional style as it claims, it could still be great training and even effective in combat, so I won't judge it until I've seen it, though I still say it sounds a little bit weird (especially the "girl" style :)

SevenStar
03-13-2002, 08:47 PM
I have some skepticism from what I saw on the site, but in response to the funny styles - there was a crab style once upon a time - it's obsolete now, as far as I know. And, Doesn't Xingyi have horse and rooster forms?

Tvebak
03-13-2002, 09:08 PM
Ok..seems i should have looked a bit closer on the page.
the 10000tech thing sound very strange.
Thanks for your replyes.
I wanted to ask about any other KF schools in the local area around.

Kristoffer
03-14-2002, 12:14 AM
In Stockholm:

There are some Wing Chun here and there that have a good rep. And there are atleast 2 schools that train Pakua, Hisng-I, TC.. They are kinda underground, making no commercial or anything. I heard they are good. (I only know where one is located)
On Kung Fu, there are of courz my school :D We train Shuai Shiao and 5 animal KF. A bit military aproch with constant seminars on weapons. (the one we train most here are: Knife, short staff, long staff, broad sword etc etc..) It's the best in my eyes.

Then there is another school that is a bit traditional as ours. But the problem here is that their 'masters' both trained under my sifu, then when they were average they hopped off and started their own school. That dont bother me since I wasn't around back then, but my sifu was ****ed :)
I have heard that their training is only slightly different thatn ours, not as hard training as ours. The thing that bothers me with this school is that they changed the styles NAME.. All of a sudden they are claiming to be teaching a system other than what my sifyu has taught them. (and I know they have not trained in this, infact I dont think it exist for real). But u can check it out to see what u think yourself.

The third most popular KF club is really crappy. They only spar. They hardly train tecniques they just throw a glove on u and say "now spar". Their instructors are students-to-students- of my sifu. They have left out all self defence, all conditioning, all forms, etc etc. But it's great if u wanna fight. However, if this is the case, I would suggest going to a Muay Thai gym instead. They produce alot better fighters than these guys.
The biggest problem with this club is that they call themself SHAOLIN. Ugh, a so-so sanshou club that dont train anything but sparing calling themself shaolin?

This stuff I've just written has been argued to death in my country. Straitly I dont give a ****. I know people that train at all three of these and really dont care :D Infact I just think it's fun if more poeple around me start to train. But you asked for my opinion and this is what I think backed up with pure facts.

Of course, there are probebly more but I may have forgotten the rest.. Qustions?
:) Hey BTW, where does your friend live?

Tvebak
03-14-2002, 08:31 AM
Hey Kristoffer.
Thanks for all the great info, my friend lives in Alby. or somewhere around there.
Sorry if we got a bit wrong in this discussion, thanks again for the info.

Tvebak
03-14-2002, 08:39 AM
There may not be kungfu everywhere but crapfu seems to be all over the world:)
I dont think that my friend will stay in sweden for very long so if she enjoys being at that school i wont be the one to tell her not to.
Did that once when she trained at a crapoeira school lead by a madman, and now she wont do capoeira at all.

Nichiren
03-14-2002, 08:43 AM
LOL: Kristoffer, I hope you don't post under your real name. The guys from the "Shaolin" kickboxing gym are gone go ape$hit if they ever saw your reply. For everybody else, all that Kristoffer said is true.

BTW: Halmat (the guy running Halmat KF; hmmm... modest guy) is indeed something else. A friend of a friend once stood in a KF shop oggling a really cool wushu spear when Halmat came in and said something like "Thats a cool looking spear. We got to invent a form for it and add the form to the school curriculim!". He said that out to loud and everyone in the shop heard him.

Nowadays the form is added to the school curriculum and it comes from the northern parts of Iran from an old SiFu Bla..bla...

/cheers...

Kristoffer
03-14-2002, 08:48 AM
HaHa..
"school lead by a madman,
and now she wont do capoeira at all."

girls.. :rolleyes:

Nichiren - actually I do post under my real name and if anyone went and asking for me in my kwoon they would probebly find me coz most know me there. I dont give a **** about them anyway, Im entitled to an opinion aint I?

LoL,, I think Halmat is cool. He sure makes a bit on it at least :)

Kristoffer
03-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Tvebak - have ya been to Stockholm, alby, etc??

Tvebak
03-14-2002, 10:05 AM
I have been living in stockholm for some months...never got to practise anything but capoeira...

Kristoffer
03-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Hey cool, where in sthlm ya live? I live in the Kista

Tvebak
03-14-2002, 10:37 AM
im in DK now but i used to live in tumba or something. not exactly in stockholm as i understand it...

Kristoffer
03-14-2002, 10:43 AM
it's sorta outside of it yeah.. ic

No_Know
03-14-2002, 02:42 PM
I suspect that besidesbeing called completely stupid-ish and No_Knowing how game figures-in, an approproate response might beflicka mig bic or some such. No_Knows can be laughable. Very good.

ewallace
03-14-2002, 02:47 PM
¿Que?

qeySuS
03-14-2002, 03:58 PM
Hasnt anyone seen "Orgasmo" made by Mat Stone and Tray Parker ? :) It had squirrel fist in it (same actor that played Squeek in Basesketball).

Anywho, Kristoffer bajsar i duschen.

wolfkiller
03-15-2002, 06:50 AM
do you know any other rare or extinct kung fu styles like crab fist?
im a real fan of super strange and rare and dead or extinct kung fu styles.

Felipe Bido
03-15-2002, 07:37 AM
My master told me that one of his old Hsing Yi masters had the crab form in his system. But the man died before teaching it to my master. He told me "the form is gone now. You won't find it anywhere".

Of course, other styles had another crab form, as well as other extinct forms. I think there was a thread on that subject a while ago.

There are other Hsing Yi forms that are hard to find, like "Boy Catching Butterflies" "Eight Provinces Fist" (Great form, but long as hell) and "64 steps".

Kristoffer
03-15-2002, 08:51 AM
LoL.. qeySuS
hey! It's a group preasure thingy :rolleyes:

Felipe Bido - those sounds interesting. Do u know anything about them? Like the Boy Catching Butterflies etc

Tvebak
03-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Meishu style kungfu...very rare shaolin based style. Practised only one place in the world and with only one master.
The style totally sucks and im looking forward to it becoming extinct:)

qeySuS
03-15-2002, 01:31 PM
don worry i do it too! :p :p :p :D :D

David Jamieson
03-15-2002, 05:35 PM
i think orgasmo had the hamster style didn't it?

Wasn't it Choda boy who did the hamster style.

As for Kung fu in Sweden, what about this

swedish kung fu link (http://www.hunggar.com/)

peace

Felipe Bido
03-15-2002, 09:53 PM
I haven't seen the "Boy Catching Butterflies" form, but I've seen the "Eight Provinces Fist" form, performed by my teacher, about 2 weeks ago. I also have an original manuscript, written by Jiang Ronqiao, describing the "64 steps" form, and another, written by Master Wang Jiwu, with the "24 steps" form.

We have some portion of the Crab form of Hsing Yi in our spear form. One day, my Master told us: "There was a Crab form (Hands only, without the spear) in Hsing Yi, too, but my master died before teaching it to me. The form is gone now". That's all I know of it. The part shown in the spear form is a sideways movement, crossing your legs-.

Kristoffer
03-16-2002, 03:10 AM
qeySuS :D

Kung Lek - that school is serious I think. But they sound a bit weird coz I read on their site that they saw HK movies and wanted to learn fighting. Then they picked up a japanese style, and then they "taught themself Hung Gar"... :confused: I dunno if this is still up there but when I first read their site that was on it. It sounds a little weird, and there was no mentioning of their sifu etc.

But from what I've heard they are a school who takes it serious and 'traditional'. If however it is truly genuine Hung Gar, I doubt it. Just look at their rediculous images under 'combat skills'.
.------

This is the link to my kwoon. We train a mix of 5 animals and Shuai Shiao (seperatly). ie. traditional wushu/kungfu. My sifu modified all forms when he started the school because they were to long for any 'impatiant westener' to learn. He just took the important movements and made the forms very Hsing-I like. The applic. are influented by Pakua. I posted the site here a long time ago and people started to diss it coz they thought that the hand formation on the 'dragon' was wrong. They didn't pay attention to that it had been modified not to look as much as the tiger etc.,.
its a good school, please read everything :)
www.swewushufed.se

Felipe Bido -
that lost forms is very interesting! I have heard of crab in Hsing-I before.
Would u mind describing the 64 step? Im very curious about it.

peace everyone
:D

Nichiren
03-16-2002, 03:20 AM
Kung Lek:

The Hung Gar school you are refering to is actually the real deal. I know they started out like a joke but they asked Sifu C. Kautzman from Gemany to help them out. Nowadays the quality is good.

Cheers...

Felipe Bido
03-16-2002, 07:40 AM
The 64 Steps form is a combination of the Monkey, Snake, Dragon and Swallow, and it has variations of the Five Elements. To me, it seems that was invented to be a complement of Zha Shi Chui (Mixed forms).

It also has a movement called "Tiger Blocking the Road", which I haven't seen in Hsing Yi (Five Animals Shaolin has it). I don't know how it is, because I have only read the steps of the form, but I haven't learnt the actual form yet (I hope to, someday). And I don't think it's similar to the one in Shaolin

Tvebak
03-17-2002, 09:25 AM
You seem to know a lot of Xingyi, do you know anything about a teacher named Lin Jianhua?
Anyone else who have knowledge of him, feel free to reply.
Thanks in advance:)

Tvebak
03-17-2002, 09:33 AM
Also im very curious if you could explain some applications to the water lizard form. I have heard that it should have a lot of applications but have only learned one, a kind of arm lock or break.
Also someplaces i read that the horseform advances in a zigzag pattern, but the way ive learned it goes straight ahead...a matter of different styles? or maybe im just learning a basic before learning the advanced?
I hope im not too annoying with all my questions.

Kristoffer
03-17-2002, 12:44 PM
Nichiren - that's cool! Sweden needs more KungFu me thinks.

guohuen
03-17-2002, 03:02 PM
Kristof, the site looks OK to me. Maybe they could be more relaxed in their stances in the pictures, but it seems like their trying to learn something real. Hung Gar is not something you get good at overnight. It's hard external moves are practiced with Yi and chi to develop jings that can be internally driven.
"now is the time on sprockets that the internalists flip out."

Felipe Bido
03-17-2002, 08:36 PM
The name Lin Jianhua sounds familiar, but I don't remember where I've heard it before. Do you know anything else about him? Like who was his teacher? that should give me a clue.

The Lizard form has many types of applications: The armlock you mention, a side palm strike to the head, you can also grab the throat or pull the attacking arm and stick your index finger all the way to the opponent's eye.

In the Hsing Yi system I practice, we have 5 variations of the horse form. The first variation advances in a zigzag patter, and the third one advances in a straight line. It depends on which style you practice.

Tvebak
03-17-2002, 09:10 PM
I belive his teachers name is Wen Jingming.
Thanks for the info.

Kristoffer
03-18-2002, 04:30 AM
guohuen - ok, I'm sorry. I dont really know much about Hung Gar and with the history on them that I knew before I guess I only reacted to that. :)

guohuen
03-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Kris, no prob! They may have started out on the wrong foot, but seem like they're getting it together now. (because it's hung gar, I'm cutting them a lot of slack.:D )
Geez, I mentioned hard stylist using internal and the harpies from hell haven't come for me yet. Whats up with that?:D

Kristoffer
03-18-2002, 10:01 AM
I have heard about Hung gar stylist's using a 'iron wire' (?), wich is considered internal? What exactly is that G? :)
Oh and somehow I don't think that swedish hg kwoon does this.. :rolleyes: