PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MA Cartoons

Badger
03-12-2002, 10:32 AM
The Mutant Ninja Turtles were cool.
Samurai Jack is my favorite now.

I cant stand all that Power Ranger/Pokeman crap.

I havent really seen Dragon BallZ,although I do like to make fun of the name. Is it any good??

Badger

red5angel
03-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Badger, have you ever had the chance to read some of the old TMNT comics? They were awesome, real bloody, people were constantly getting killed! It was definitly a far cry from that watered down crap that they came out with for the cartoon.

Badger
03-12-2002, 10:40 AM
Yea I have...they were cool. The cartoon was still cool though.
In the comics..I really liked the character Casey Jones...one bad dude.

Badger

red5angel
03-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Yep, Casey Jones was very cool! All those hockey sticks and pipes and baseball bats! Was he in teh cartoon?

Badger
03-12-2002, 11:13 AM
I think he was in there only like 1 time. He was in the movie.
The first movie was ok. The 2nd was crap.

Badger

jun_erh
03-12-2002, 11:18 AM
http://www.yellow5.com/pokey/archive/index360.html

PHILBERT
03-12-2002, 11:47 AM
jun_erh...:confused:

Casey Jones appeared a few times in the old cartoon series and in 2 of the movies. He appeared in the 3rd, but not as a fighting character, rather he was just sitting around on his butt the whole time.

DBZ is pretty cool, but its long. Like they will waste so much time in the show, like the character will sit there and flinch for like 2 minutes while the bad guy stares at him or something.

Justa Man
03-12-2002, 01:25 PM
i actually own the first 4 tmnt comics. they're thick booklets and are real dark and bloody as all h3ll. great comics.
yall probably have it, or have seen it, but ninja scroll is a pretty sick anime flick as well. i think someone should redo fist of the northstart as well. great story and with today's technology, they could make some sick a$$ figh scenes.

Badger
03-12-2002, 01:30 PM
I havent seen much anime. Except maybe old "Battle of the Planets" cartoons. Does that count?

Badger

Chang Style Novice
03-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Sure, why not? It isn't GOOD anime, though. The best are the films of Hayao Miyazaki. Especially Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa Valley of the Winds, Kiki the Teenage Witch, and My Neighbor Totoro. Only the first two have much in the way of MA, though.

I like Samurai Jack a lot. My favorite episode was when Aku tried to defeat him with an evil twin. The two fight to a standstill, then Jack realizes that if he meditates and unites the two sides of his personality, Evil Jack will dissappear. Which he does.

DBZ is just confusing to me. I can't follow the story and the fight scenes look like cr@p. Obviously a lot of people like it, but I have no idea why.

One more thing!

Jackie Chan adventures is really cool. You can actually follow what's happening in the plot and the fight scenes, Jackie himself takes questions at the end of every episode, Jade is me as a kid, and Uncle is my role model as I age.

Justa Man
03-12-2002, 02:00 PM
i actually own the first 4 tmnt comics. they're thick booklets and are real dark and bloody as all h3ll. great comics.
yall probably have it, or have seen it, but ninja scroll is a pretty sick anime flick as well. i think someone should redo fist of the northstart as well. great story and with today's technology, they could make some sick a$$ figh scenes.

Mutant
03-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Samari Jack kicks serious ass! I just started getting into it, its real good.

DBZ puts me to sleep (yawn), they all stand around sweating and screaming at eachother about power surges (funny story, i know some MA guys who get DBZ mixed up with reality, they base their MA practice on it, needless to say, they su(k!)

I still love Aikira, that movie and its sequels rock!

PHILBERT
03-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Kenshin (the SamuraiX movies more) is pretty cool.

Yeah I love Jackie Chan Adventures. I got a question, is that really Jackie's voice doing the main character? It doesnt sound like him.

My favorite character on that show is the big dude with red hair and the mustache who always says his attacks before he does it, but I can never remember his name! grrr...:mad:

Stacey
03-12-2002, 03:27 PM
I loved that Valley of the WInds one. I watched it when I was little. That was really cool.

Silumkid
03-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Dragonball and DBZ and DBGT rules! I think Fist of the Northstar is perfect the way it is, although the live action version wasn't a very good interpretation.

One of my fave martial arts anime is Grappler Baki the Ultimate Fighter. Apparently, this kid Baki can learn any style by reading about it and competing against it in order to get ready for his underground death matches hidden under the Tokyo Dome. It's a short one, about 45 minutes, but pretty brutal and there is no short sheeting on the fight scenes.

Ayane's High Kick wasn't bad either. Cowboy Bebop has it's moments...don't get me wrong, it's a great series but it's focus isn't really martial arts.

Chang Style Novice
03-12-2002, 04:33 PM
According to the internet movie database (bookmark it, darnit!) (http://www.imdb.com), the voice of Jackie is James Sie. Hak Fu, the Black Tiger is the other guy you're thinking of, Phil.