PDA

View Full Version : OK fiercest tiger here is a question for you

FIRE HAWK
02-16-2001, 05:52 PM
Ok fiercest tiger you said that CHUKA SHAOLIN PHEONIX EYE FIST is a HAKKA SHAOLIN PHEONIX EYE FIST style. What do you know about this art what is your opinion about what this art might be.In the second PHEONIX EYE FIST book called The Secrets of CHUKA SHAOLIN PHEONIX EYE FIST they by authors CHEONG CHENG LEONG and MARK V WILEY they say that the CHU GAR southern mantis and Fujian White Crane or some other Fujian arts are mixed together to form what is known as CHUKA SHAOLIN PHEONIX EYE FIST.But i have been told that CHUKA SHAOLIN PHEONIX EYE FIST is CHU GAR Southern Mantis mixed with Emie boxeing and WHITE EYEBROW others have said that this art is a HAKKA DRAGON STYLE.I have listed all the hand forms on another topic.Does this style to you resemble PAK MEI WHITE EYEBROW or CHU GAR SOUTHERN MANTIS.I know that that creature called MoQ will be on this post just give him some time.I am just trying to find the roots of this art that is all.FIRE HAWK

fiercest tiger
02-16-2001, 11:09 PM
it resembles chu gar or southern mantis the beginning of the form which are hakka arts. the 2 fist starts in front of the heart and the punching manner resembles hakka arts. lots of styles were developed in the hakka village thats why there are styles that look similar to each other for instance s/mantis, pak mei (know there are stories about monk pak mei and fung doe duk learning at kwong wai temple) i can only say that i was told that clc at one stage in his life learnt southern mantis maybe at jook lum jee. which alot of hakka descendants learnt s/mantis i dont know what other martial arts was taught there.

then we have bak fu pai which is again very close to pak mei pai even the salutation which is the same but a tiger claw instead of a willow leaf palm. and if i recall moq said bfp isnt hakka descendants.

lung ying also i dont think are descendants of hakka but i may be wrong- dragon was created by a monk from mt lao fo (sp).

i did see a demo of a old man doing a hakka form at a friend house he has on video, this guy has plenty of ging.

can i ask why you are so caught up in this hakka or not hakka style? :)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
02-17-2001, 12:01 AM
Why dont you ask big head Shaolin Master, he's the jung shee of all system is'nt he.

FIRE HAWK
02-17-2001, 01:52 AM
The reason i like or have a interest in this art is because where i live there is know southern mantis,Pak Mei White Eyebrow,Lung Ying Mor Kiu,or any kind of hakka or the arts that i have listed above close enough to where i live there are no teachers in my area the closets is about 5 hours away way to far to travel.There is Moy Yat wing chun of sifu Benny Meng i might go and learn that maybe but the martial arts listed above is what i really want to learn.I guess MoQ is all right sorry for calling you a creature but everything i have ever herd you say seems very nagative i guess.The 2 CHUKA SHAOLIN PHEONIX EYE FIST BOOKS and a PAK MEI WHITE EYEBROW BOOK AND VIDEO and a IRON OX SOUTHERN MANTIS book are all i have on those arts for some reason i just like those arts.I cant get them out of my head.This is the reason why.

fiercest tiger
02-17-2001, 02:05 AM
thats great you want to learn these arts, i know southern mantis jook lum tong long pai has a correspondance course. jin foo mark is the sifu, he is suppost to be one of the best. although i dont know his price thats the killer!

where can i buy the iron ox s/mantis book- if you like to talk privately please email me and we can chat. i may be able to help you out with what you are looking for, if you decide to train by video correspondance. :)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

FIRE HAWK
02-17-2001, 03:34 AM
Hi i have ordered GIN FOON MARKS ten southern mantis books and i will try to order his videos to.It would be great to talk by email.You can get the IRON OX SOUTHERN MANTIS BOOK at this website when you go to the look under WHATS NEW and PUBLICATIONS they are getting ready to put another book out and a Som Bo Gin poster you should order the first book quickly because it is a limited time offer so hurry if you want the first book hear is the website.
http://www.ironoxprayingmantis.co.uk/Frameset.html

tnwingtsun
02-20-2001, 08:00 AM
Dayton to Chattanooga,not that far to visit one weekend to come to a Bai Mei class,If you can't get it out of your head the drive would be worth it,cost of living is cheaper down here also,drop me a line if ya plan on coming and I'll,Intro ya to Dr.Wong and the group and he'll fill you in on some of your questions,he's a nice guy and welcomes new comers provided they are of good moral standing,how I got to learn boggels the mind,lol,just kidding,your passion,4 wheels,gas and a map,your baby,go for it m8