PDA

View Full Version : GENE, Why no Link's Page??

diego
03-13-2002, 04:35 PM
:confused:

Chang Style Novice
03-13-2002, 05:06 PM
Here's a link for you, Diego.

http://www.smolenski.com/woodring/monster5.htm

dezhen2001
03-13-2002, 05:10 PM
Chang Style::D:D:D cool link man - made me choke on my drink!

david

ps. try this one, it's cool http://www.evolver.co.uk/wayofthestick.html

diego
03-14-2002, 01:00 AM
So whats up with that cd, you still waiting for my list.

I already passed that game,,,,.

dezhen2001
03-14-2002, 03:13 AM
:( pretty crazy game though!

david

GeneChing
03-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Mostly it's competition - this is a big site and it costs a lot of money to run. We make our money back through sales and our parent company did not want to give the competition any publicity (not that it ins't posted all over this forum , but don't tell them ;) .) Instead we focus more on content and the quiz giveaways.
It may still happen one day, since more links improves your chances in getting picked up by a serach engine. We would probably have to dedicate one member of our crew to the task, and right now, we don't have the bandwidth for that.

diego
03-14-2002, 01:26 PM
see me i view this forum when i actually want info on kungfu, as the liner notes to the mag!:) .
like you can read a article, then you can inquire about said article with a student of the writer:cool:
Yesterday i was scanning the mantis forum, and ive seen the general sites, no the accepted historys etc. I started thinking **** i want to see some pages on differant applications within the system's, maybe read some more personnal article's, But i started thinking it would take like two hours to run a deep search to find the more thorough site's, so i canned the idea:mad:
Would be cool if you guy's popped something up, cuz all the forums, all the posters, thier would be thousands, i would think:D .

Chang Style Novice
03-18-2002, 05:00 PM
Well, this is almost a kungfu link. Kinda. (http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page-122.htm)

GeneChing
03-22-2002, 11:15 AM
OUCH. MY Eyes. Don't do that.

Now you see why we don't need a links page.

diego
03-25-2002, 05:03 PM
Okay gene i can see the hassles, but i did my mantis search, hoping to find info on a set, took me roughly 5 hours and i found A poster on the set, it's wierd it seems all the famous sites is just hotair, and the good one's is student pages on freeservers"geocities and such" but i swear, it's like preparing for a camping trip to really get into these sites.

anywho, i just wanted to mok changs scrot.

Gene, I don't have the $$ to order sun tapes now, but i have the article were you learn from his daughter, and i know wle teaches this method, how much suntaiji were you priveleged to obtain, you in the mood to answer some technical question's on SunLuTang and his Fighting Method, Please....the guy's one of my idol's up thier with micheal jordan" just the coolness of skill:) "
Thanks

diego
03-25-2002, 05:05 PM
if you want to take this to pm or the taichi forum, s'all good, in hopes those with more knowledge on sun as a fighter can chime in.

GeneChing
03-27-2002, 04:47 PM
I learned Sun's traditional long form initially from Paul Tam. Then when I used to work for Wing Lam, we practiced it every day. I took some private and group lessons from Sun Jianyun, but she sees a lot of students so I doubt she remembers me. To be honest, I've barely tapped it's fighting applications, but I enjoy it. It's not a flowy as Yang - shorter like in fighting which is interesting given Sun's physical length. I don't know that I can answer your questions but I certainly can't answer them if you don't ask...:)

diego
03-30-2002, 04:44 AM
It's not a flowy as Yang - shorter like in fighting which is interesting given Sun's physical length.

I have a general view of the Chen,yang,wu tai chi, etc.
I also have his HsingYi Book, Do You know if his Pakua&TaiChi and his other book have been translated to english yet?.

The sentence i quoted, do you mean its more choppy"less flow, more Fajing?" I didnt fully get that about his stature:D , i know he was a shortskinny dude, and used technique similar to wingchun in his internal style as oppossed to chenstyle bieng similar to Hungga!:cool: in General.
I was told by a forummember he isolated himself from his earlyer training, and worked on his taichi, wich im under the assumption is mixed with the other two internals...Would/Could:) you breakdown what you get about his structure, in his System, what possible traits from the cousins of taichi"ba&hsing" is in his sunstyle, & how is his style differant in combat From Its Brothers In Taichi"yang/chen/wu etc.
tofu adios im ghost:rolleyes: :cool: Peace

GeneChing
04-02-2002, 11:36 AM
I saw an english translation of Sun's bagua book. It was xerographic, and only mildly informative. The xingyi one was much better, but it might have been subject to translation. Cartmell added a lot to that book, really fleshed it out.

Sun was long armed. If you look at old pics of him, it's like his arms go down past his knees. With that kind of reach, I would imagine him to be more of a long range fighter, but Sun taiji seems more short range. There is flow, but it's much smaller and tighter. Yang has these wonderful gongbu moves where you can really generate some big flow. Sun stances are mostly small. To me, it needs fajing to be applicable, but perhaps that's a notion of mine for any close combat style. Hard to say really. You got to keep in mind that Sun developed Sun style in his later years and he focused it mostly on qi cultivation. It really is a different spin on taiji, the youngest at that.