PDA

View Full Version : Att:northern Shaolin You Have Won A Milli0n Dollars!!!!!!!

diego
03-14-2002, 01:26 AM
JK/ BHUDDAPALM Refferred you to me, please read and help if you may.

diego

Yc.wong Of ?mantis Supposedly Taught Kaito In Sanfran In The Early 70s
ANY INFO ASK YOUR TEACHERS
THANKS!.....

http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/roybuchanan.html
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/kaito_emperado.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/kaitoone.html
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/tibetankungfu/harryngyimming.html

roy is one of the four main seniors, he's second from right, in the first pic.

kaito on the left is recieving his 5th degree blackbelt instructor certificate from kajukukenbo founder adriano emperado.

a picture of kaito at a tournament i think he judged or held? in 76?; he's first on the left.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-2002 09:24 PM

diego

If anyone who reads this could simply ask thier teacher if they heard anything
about Y.C.Wong who teaches a mantis style in sanfrancisco in the seventies, possibly sixtie's. It is no trouble off your back, but it could prove extremely helpfull for me, as thier is mantis techniques in my drills, and the name is thier, but i asked seniors through emial and they didnt get much info on thier teachers teacher, and now he is dead, and this is a mantis forum, i'm pretty sure it's not southern mantis, we us the regular heeladduction stance"mantis stance" .

Anything.... I want to know if he even exists, because i know thier is a hungga master WCWONG from sanfran. but thats another story

03-13-2002 05:29 PM

buddhapalm

T.Y. Wong ?
Hi Diego,
How are you ?

I am from San Francisco, and know a little bit about Y. C. Wong. From what I know of him he only practices Hung Gar and some Pek Kwar.

Could you possibly be reffering to T. Y. Wong of San Francisco ?

He taught here in San Francisco from the 1930's to the 60's. His style was Fut Gar, but I think it was not the Fut Gar you see in other schools, or at least it was mixed with Choy Lee Fut and other Southern systems. That is my opinion, I am not exactly sure.

T.Y. Wong had many animal techniques in his system, perhaps even Mantis, I dont know. His first two sets were:
- Lien Wan Kuen (Continious Fist)
- Mang Fu Ha Sahn (Fierce Tiger Descends the Mountain)

I dont know if this is the Sifu you may be looking for, please let me know and I will look into it for you.

What is the name of your teacher may I ask ? Did he learn in San Francisco ?

The person to really ask is "NorthernShaolin". He is old school from San Francisco here. If anyone knows, he will. He can be found mainly in the "Shaolin Kung Fu" section. It will be worth your while asking him or posting there too.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

San Francisco

"Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman."

03-13-2002 08:26 PM

diego

Hello
thiers a good basic description of my site on the main forum under my kajukenbo/hopgar thread.

I'm pretty sure it's not W.C.Wong who does the hung gar from LamJoGm?.. i think you confused the spelling as everybody does.
As to yc, thats what the french article says, but ty sounds very interesting and thiers a possibillity

I learnt abit from my little brothers father, who learnt from a Alexander"kaido"polintian master of kajukenbo, teacher of What the article says harrywu-ng-yim-ming Hopgar and it says Ming et les techniques de la"mante religieuse"(kung fu) avec Sifu W.C.Wong a San Francisco he learn burokukai in sanfran from richard kim and shorinryu from latino gonzalez in his teens in the phillipinnes?.
i know Hopgar master harrywungyimming was killed around 71, and that kaito was in montreal around 72-74 and started teaching, he was born in 1940 when he went to sanfran from the phillipinnes, how much he learnt or if it was from students of masters im not sure. He was killed in the mid80s.

I will cutnpaste this thread to the shaolin board, using you for referance

NorthernShaolin
03-14-2002, 08:54 PM
Diego,

I remember Sifu Harry Ng of Hop Gar but I do not recall W.C. Wong. During the 60's and 70's there were two Mantis SIfus in the area; Brenden Li and his older classmate, Peter Quan.

Besides sifu T. Y. Wong of Southern Shaolin and sifu Y.C. Wong of Hung Gar, there was a Jeff Wong who had a small school. He also had a Chinese name but I do not remember it. he learned many different styles and one of his teachers was Richard Kim.

I do not know what happen to him but I will ask the real old timers about W.C. Wong.

diego
03-14-2002, 11:17 PM
You have kaido's full name and two picture's, so that should help if thier's still even door's open:) .
Firepalm a fellow vancouveritte sent me a list of lionroar teacher's here in van, one name that i think i have read before is GM Tony Jay, fp said he teaches lama? in vancouver since the seventie's, i'm thinking maybe he was in sanfran, back then, and may have a link to HarryNg.

I'm told it's common knowledge he taught triadtype's, and was shot during a gangwar, in front of his school.
In the bio i quoted it says kaido learnt from harry, but it could be implying he taught harryng hopgar, as one of the main seniors in my method wrote me saying harryng's main rep denied seeing kaido at the school?.

Could you tell me anything, about Harry's school, thier seem's to maybe be conflicting report's, how long he set up shop in Sanfrancisco, i'm sure you don't know what he taught, maybe you kind find out, but you must know something about his student's.
It's my theory as it's said kaido was abit of a wilddude, maybe he was friend's with one of harry's more hardcore student's, as it's said From kuchiwai harry's godson, who teaches in atalanta, that harry moved to the goldgate, only two years if that from the time he was killed. so i'm thinking Harry was 70 at the time maybe he had a pack of ruffkid's learning under him, studing straight up fighting method's??.
If you know the history of Lion'sRoar they have a plethora of forms, at least ten, everything from lohan to 5animal to needleincotton to drunken set.
I'm told what kaido taught as HopGar to His Student's in Montreal From 1972-1980, he retired then at the age of 40?, was killed 6or7 years after, he taught" quote from philip gelinas- One of the 3or4 main kaido student's: In the Hop Gar there
were the following forms, Soft & Hard (Tai Chi like), Two person form, and 4
breathing exercises. There were 44 hop gar techniques at the beginning then
another 16 later on. There is nobody that has them all (I checked). Why we
didn't record them all back then I don't know. Video was just beginning and
it was reel to reel."""
What i know is variations from those combos, and thier is set's mixed with kajukenbo and hopgar, with what the texts say mantis and possibly internal, wich buggs me out as i dont know if kaido invented the kajukenbo/hopgar forms, cuz thier just as good as what you see in hunggar, but i presume made sometime between 1950-70???...i'm told he may have been influenced by hunggar, maybe even studied abit under y.c.wong, that's what philip mentioned, and that the name w.c. may be a typo, but where the heck did the mantis come from?.

From my notes thier is this name, Rick Alameny in SF. May have taught kaito abit, does this ring a bell?.

buddhapalm
03-15-2002, 05:39 AM
Rick Alemany is a Kenpo teacher here in San Francisco, he has been teaching for many years. He has a school in the Sunset district, I forgot the street name.

My Kung Fu uncle knows him, or I should say knew him back in the 70's.

It would probably be a good idea to ask Rick Alemany about your questions too. I will see if I can get the number to his school if you cant find it.

Could it be possible the mantis comes from him, as Kempo is an eclectic style ?

On that note, isnt Kajukempo the same as Kempo, just the full name ?

Also regarding Hop Gar information, have you tried contacting Master Ku Chi Wai at www.hopgar.com in Atlanta.

On the web page Master Ku says this:

"In 1970, Ng Yim Ming left Hong Kong to start a business in San Francisco. I remained in Hong Kong to run the school until I could get a visa from the United States. Ng Yim Ming had a school in San Francisco for about a year and a half. In 1972 he was shot and killed."

Check it out.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

diego
03-17-2002, 06:35 AM
That would be great, as i'm totally basic, so it would be less personnal:) .
I'm in contact with a student of KuchiWai, from this board, but He say's KuchiWai is the main HongKong Rep For ngyimming's school.
I'm Particulary interested in Harry's Sanfran rep Mr.David Chin, and what he taught of NgMing's Method's.

For info on KaJuKenBo see my thread on the main forum, KaJuKenBo/HopGar.
Kempo/Kenpo came from James Mitose Taught To William Chow in Hawaii who inturn taught KaJuKenBo Founder Adriano Emperado.

diego
03-20-2002, 10:44 PM
ttt