PDA

View Full Version : OT: New Star Wars

Ray Pina
03-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Anyone see the new trailer? It looks pretty Phatt. Lots of Jedi stuff, light sabers.

It opens May 16. I'll be there.

ewallace
03-14-2002, 02:32 PM
New Spiderman flick looks promising too.

PHILBERT
03-14-2002, 02:38 PM
You can see Boba Fett (as a child) in the trailer for a split second. When Obi-Wan says "They are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create an army of clones...wait!" and he activates the lightsaber, right when it shows Jango Fett in the rain, look behind in the upper left corner and you'll see a small boy running up a ramp into the ship.

Also when Mace Windu is talking and says "there aren't enough Jedi, we're keepers of peace, not soldiers..." look in the background and you can see the red Imperial Royal Guards from Return of the Jedi.

I myself can't wait to see the lightsaber fighting, especially Anakin using 2 lightsabers. I heard that Yoda is going to fight in the movie against the bad guy at the end (he is the old **** that says "Join me Obi-Wan, together we can destroy the Sith!"). Supposedly the old guy lays it down on Anakin, then Yoda comes in and kicks the **** outta him Jackie Chan style.

Chang Style Novice
03-14-2002, 02:43 PM
There is no world in which a Kermit the Frog puppet laying down a Jackie Chan style beating is going to be anything but comedy.

This is a serious mistake.

red5angel
03-14-2002, 02:48 PM
It is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

thats all I can say, really.

PHILBERT
03-14-2002, 02:49 PM
Chang, actually he is computer generated, and supposedly ILM says they pulled off a good job. That is of course unless its a lie. Might be, I remember reading that Darth Maul was a modified clone of Obi-Wan and someone even got a picture of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan and the heads were the exact same size and shape.

I've even heard one rumor, ok, John Williams (the guy who does the music) says George already wrote the next movie and the ending is going to shock us as much as "No Luke, I am your father..." type stuff. Someone said they think Obi-Wan and Yoda die and are somehow able to return from the dead and that is why when they died in the original trilogy, the body disappeared (unlike Vader's body and Qui-Gon Jinn in the last movie). Seems pretty cool and certainly would shock us. You gotta remember, Yoda is one of the strongest Jedi and Obi-Wan is pretty strong himself. So how were they able to hide from Vader and the Emperor so long? Maybe `cause they really were already dead. Who knows?

Justa Man
03-14-2002, 02:49 PM
wooo! that's all i got to say. i've seen all the trailors and woooooooo! there's one clip with yoda turning to face the camera and the look in my man's eye is so ill, like he's about to wreck shop on a whole platoon of a$$. it's going to be off the hooook.

JWTAYLOR
03-14-2002, 03:12 PM
I, for one, thought that Episode 1 sucked so much of the incredible dangle the donkey dong that I had no interest in seeing this one. The first "breathing" trailer of Episode II and the subsequent love trist trailers further made me believe that this move would truly be a galactic waste of time and money.

But that last trailer was pretty fu(kin bad ass. Maybe worth a matine.

JWT

red5angel
03-14-2002, 03:16 PM
I read the script review of Yodas fight with Count Doku, there is some lightsaber dueling (next to Mace Yoda is the best duelist of his time) but it is mostly some creative using of the force. I dont want to spoil it for you guys though.......

ok, I am an admitted SW geek!

Drone
03-14-2002, 03:24 PM
I'm with Chang style novice... unless yoda is using some of the same tactics that vader used when he tossed siht at luke in empire, I think its gonna be pure kiddy carp just like the first movie.
I mean I waited years for that movie, and what do they give me a a giant commercial for action figures with maybe 45 minutes of good footage or relavent story line.
I think Lucas is just being plain greedy, I mean come on the boy band tart that is now in the movie, is just a ploy to pull in an audience outside of the normal starwars viewers. I would not be surprised if nysnch or what ever band that little flop is in comes out with a music video for the movie.
I think the most realistic commentary that I have heard about this movie is that it will be "Dawson's creek in a galaxy far far away"

However, let me state that I want nothing more than to be wrong...

-Drone

p.s. Yoda should be a puppet, cgi is not the same.

Drone
03-14-2002, 03:26 PM
You can tell when i have term papers due. I start making far too many post on this board.

ewallace
03-14-2002, 03:26 PM
I would love to see Darth Maul reserect and de-capitate n-sync.

Chang Style Novice
03-14-2002, 03:32 PM
I"m not sayin' you can't make a good duel between Yoda and whatever human sized opponent - remember the homunculus in one of those Sinbad movies? I just don't trust Lucas to do it.

joedoe
03-14-2002, 03:37 PM
I went to school with a guy who worked on the set and he didn't really give a **** about the non-disclosure contract. I didn't want to get him in trouble so I didn't ask him anything, but he told me there is a huge melee at the end - about 5000 clones against 250 Jedi. He said it looked awesome.

Taomonkey
03-14-2002, 03:45 PM
For a bunch of Kung Fu Guys who have seen little oriental men throw around big Americans, you have no faith in Yoda!

From what I have read he will be using 2 short sabers and the scenes will look like Philippino Escrima, personally I am stoked!

Yoda will kick arse!

qeySuS
03-14-2002, 03:52 PM
well if there's no N'Sync and no Jar Jar Binks i aint watching!!

red5angel
03-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Drone, just so you know, the boy band is out, they have been nixed!

joedoe
03-14-2002, 04:02 PM
I wanted to see them die.

Sam Wiley
03-14-2002, 04:30 PM
Actually, I thought they were supposed to die in the movie. That was one of only two reasons I had for going to see the **** thing! (The other was Yoda's fight scene with Doku.) I know that somehow my friends are going to drag me out of bed WAY early in the day so we can stand in line for 18 or so hours and catch the midnight showing of this admittedly sketchy film. So there had better be more than just the fight scene with Yoda to look forward to.

joedoe
03-14-2002, 04:54 PM
I wanted to see them die - painfully. Actually, I still do and not necessarily in a movie :D

Felipe Bido
03-14-2002, 05:08 PM
I heard how the Yoda/Dooku fight is gonna be, and Yoda is going to use the Force a lot.

But I won't spoil it for you guys (I'm 100% spoiled), so, I'll shut up now :D

kungfu cowboy
03-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Ye Gods, that last one sucked so bad I can't believe they didn't decapitate that idiot. I doubt there is much more quality in this one. Consumer garbage.

Zero
03-14-2002, 10:53 PM
I wasnt too pumped about the movie at first, but after that last trailer, I really want to see it now. It looks like the old/new are coming together... seeing Bobafett, Clone/stormtrooper, ships that resemble Star Destroyers.

grogan
03-15-2002, 03:16 AM
As long as it doesn't have some goofy character to keep the kids impressed and has some real fighting where live creatures are getting hacked up instead of watered down robots I shall be happy. And hopefully that scene at the with 5000 clones versus 250 jedi is a bit similar to Braveheart, that should shock the three year old kids who just want to see Jar jar say something funny.

Rolling Elbow
03-15-2002, 07:40 AM
More creatures that actually pose a threat rather than Jar Jar happy folks and crappy watered down robots. (as mentioned)They've got a chance to pull this trilogy out of the gutter.... i want action, evil,and death!

Ray Pina
03-15-2002, 08:58 AM
Yoda's the master (period).

I wasn't so stoked on Part I, I thought Jar Jar was over done. But I watched it another time and enjoyed it all. I try not to pick it apart critically enjoy the tale.

Same with Crouching Tiger. Everyone in the movie was lie, "O' what's with all this flying."

Yea, but they make no comments when a large shark terrorizes Sea World and what not.

People?

Tigerstyle
03-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Yoda is totally sweet! His Jedi weapon is the loudest guitar in the universe, and he's going to wail on his guitar so hard that all the clones will kick their clone-moms in the head and then all of their chests and butts will explode (they will die from this)!

Then Yoda's gonna totally flip out and uppercut the emperor so hard that he will disentigrate, and all possible clones of the emperor will die and the original trilogy will never have existed!

Star Wars is totally sweet!

Chang Style Novice
03-15-2002, 03:04 PM
In other upcoming movie news, apparently inteded to make all other releases look good:

Chevy Chase will play the voice of Cho-cho, a talking martial arts expert dog investigating a murder in San Francisco's Chinatown. Also starring John Voight and Pat Morita

No, I'm not kidding. (http://us.imdb.com/Details?0270882)

Although I wish I was. (http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0270882)

Tigerstyle
03-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Lord, I thought movies couldn't get worse than The Ultimate Fight (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0181776) :eek:

But Chang Style has just given us a first glimpse at the Apocalypse.

Stacey
03-15-2002, 04:29 PM
I'm downloading it on Morpheus right now.

They can't call it by its real name though. You have to type in "bukake slave" which is what Anakin's mother was in the first movie.

I hope Jar Jar (the jamaican n_iG-G_E-R) isn't in this one. I'm sick and tired of seeing the blonde kids as the best and most all the the black guys as huslers or aliens. The huge lipped Gungan king was the worst. (Mees'a lower life form)

I'm supprised Amidala didn't have a "Mammy" to fold her clothes.

Just like the two evil asians in the first one.

Samuel L Jackson is the exception, but only because he begged lucas to somehow be in his movies.

I think Lucas is a racist. I will still see his movie, but I hope that his new one isn't a disney style rendition of "little black sambo"

Zero
03-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Just so you know, the blonde kid becomes the most infamous mass-murderer in the galaxy.

Drone
03-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Questions I am asking myself.

Will I have to endure Jar-Jar binks?

Are the bad guys going to say things like "Roger-roger"?

Will Lucas revert back to his original style of Alien portrayal where instead of giving them "ethnically charged" accents, and questionable "racial" characteristics, will I instead be reading subtitles (a la jabba the hut and greedo), and saying to myself wow that required some imagination?

Is this a giant commercial for hasbro or a movie?

GeneChing
10-07-2014, 09:27 AM
In retrospect, this is a really funny thread.

Anyone catch the Star Wars Rebels (http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels) premiere last night? I thought it was amusing. I liked the tone better than Clone Wars (http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-the-clone-wars), despite that being chock full of Yoda. I imagine Yoda might cross over into Rebels at some point. I must say - since Disney got the franchise, there's some really cool SW stuff at the Disney stores now.

Brule
11-07-2014, 06:41 AM
So does the franchise.....

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/star-wars-vii-gets-official-title-the-force-awakens/