PDA

View Full Version : I have to get surgery... :-(

Jeff Liboiron
03-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Man, my elbows been injured in december, and i went to the physiotherapist, and she said there was soething in my elbow joint, either a litle piece of bone, or scar tissue, and i haveto get it whatever's in there removed.

I'm not lookin forward to the surgery. It's not a huge surgery, but it's still ****ing surgery.

Hell.

yuanfen
03-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Sincrely sorry to hear of the problem. If you can ,get two different
M.D. opinions before surgery. Canadian he;ath sytem is different from US so I dont know the procedural details on getting second opinions.

anerlich
03-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

FWIW, my classmates have a pin needed to be inserted into a broken hand and a similar problem to yours.

old jong
03-16-2002, 08:37 PM
I wish you a good and fast recovery.

FIRE HAWK
03-17-2002, 06:03 AM
I had Major Reconstructive Bowl Surgery back in 1998 it destroyed my martial arts practicing i dont know for sure if i will ever be able to practice martial arts again .

zuxingpogi
03-17-2002, 07:04 AM
All experiences in life are a journey. Rather than looking at the negitives, take it as an experince and know after you have made a recovery, you will be much better for it. As with all things in life, they could be worse. You could have been born with no arms for instance.
Peace
-Bernard

Martial Joe
03-17-2002, 11:00 AM
Good luck homie...

Jeff Liboiron
03-17-2002, 12:12 PM
thnkas for the replies guys. yeah i can't wait to get it over with, i still haven't scheduled it, but the sooner the better, i can't wait to practice MA the way i want to again. Right now i have to do it slow so i don't casue myself pain.

It's not a huge thing. I'll go in and be out in like a half hour or somethin. I may not even need surgery becasue if it's just scar tissue from when i originally injured my elbow, they will just give me a shot of cortizone (lubricant) which will stop the scar tissue from rubbing in the joint. But if there is a little piece in bone there, then they'll make a little cut and take it out.