PDA

View Full Version : Prove To Me You Know Kung Fu!!!!

wushu chik
03-17-2002, 12:24 AM
Discuss your/your schools theory on power issuing/usage. If your school doesn't teach power issuing then it's probably as big a joke as San Soo or BJJ.

~Wen~

Silumkid
03-17-2002, 12:37 AM
Perhaps a better question would be how you, wushu chik, manage to raise...what is it now....seven children with nothing more than the issuance of a welfare check? I'd really be curious to know.

Ask a stupid question...

wushu chik
03-17-2002, 12:41 AM
So, are we ready to tell the world that your "sholder injury" was actually a coverup for your sex change operation? I think it's time to come out of the closet now, don't you?

wolfkiller
03-17-2002, 03:27 AM
choy li he fo xiong( san soo) doesn't teach power issuing? how did you know that?

well anyway , i doubt it if the people hare are willing to give away their secrets just like that.

Asia
03-17-2002, 03:57 AM
I weild the Eight Extremes! To discuss such things is just ......

vingtsunstudent
03-17-2002, 04:01 AM
power comes from the waist & believe me if you were pinned down with me in the mount wushu chick you'd know i speak the truth.
vts

jon
03-17-2002, 05:41 AM
Discuss your/your schools theory on power issuing/usage.

hmmm
Begun from the feet,
amplified though legs.
Figure eight waist for storing.
Spine whips and sends then the arms express.

Im sorry thats kinda esoteric but the power gen in Bagua is hard to explain in text.

Hung is just like a chain connected to the floor with each of your limbs representing a link.
You simply snap the chain starting from the legs right though.

There is more to the Tai Chi and Bagua, hard to explain i can only properly comprehend though feel, im not good enough yet to express it well without adding in the external element.

Yung Apprentice
03-17-2002, 06:40 AM
DAM!!!! Ya'll really need to retract them claws!!!!

logic
03-17-2002, 07:43 AM
some drunk said that to me at a friends party once.

Need I say more

Tvebak
03-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Just for fun.

Allways move in such a way that if the right hand is in front the right leg is behind.
The arms and body twist to create the movement, the legs follow. The arms countertwist against the bodys movement to regain posture.
When one hand moves forward, the other pulls backwards.

Sounds like kungfu?

nospam
03-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Discuss your/your schools theory on power issuing/usage.

In response to the above:

At a basic level, it's two fold. There is my energy and that of my opponent's. In likeness, it is my opponent's yang directed by my yin. As I flow yin to meet yang, the energy is sprung back and released through my yang. My point of initial contact is the central (ultimate) redirection where Yang/Yin (or momentary balance) occurs, interchanges and (depending on one's level) is released as Yang, Yin, or Yin/Yang- the ultimate of yin is the origin of yang and in the ultimate of yang is the origin of yin...fundamentally speaking.

nospam.
:cool:

illusionfist
03-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Chein ma (thousand pound horse stance), Luk Hop (six harmonies), Chut Sing (7 stars).

Peace :D

joedoe
03-17-2002, 03:57 PM
I would rather that people didn't think I knew kung fu :)

guohuen
03-17-2002, 04:34 PM
When you answer a question drunk it can be funny. When you ask a question drunk it's usually just belligerant.

red_fists
03-17-2002, 04:59 PM
1.) Why should I do so??

2.) If you want to see my Kung Fu you will have to come over here in Person.
:D :D

Seeya.

African Tiger
03-17-2002, 05:46 PM

Avoid, rather than check
Check, rather than hurt
Hurt, rather than maim
Maim, rather than kill

For all life is precious, nor can any life ever be replaced. Not even that of the meanest creature...

How's that for power usage? And yer still cute... :)

sunstylin
03-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Power is devolped through your life energy in your abdomin, the aplication of power will depend on the school and the emphasis on techinique and internal development!
Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavonly glory! :cool:

reemul
03-17-2002, 08:55 PM
....:o

logic
03-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Dam, she is a little hottie.
WuShuChik you will have to come here so I can demmo Push hands with you.
And for your first time you can meet a Real Martial Artist,I have a Huge mook yan jong:D (just kidding around);)
But I am solid muscle.

wushu chik
03-18-2002, 01:51 AM
THAT'S NOT ME ON MY AVITAR!!! SHEESH....IT'S AN ANIME CHARACTER FROM FINAL FANTASY......

~Wen~

Yung Apprentice
03-18-2002, 04:40 AM
Jeez, you guys didn't pick up on this? I don't even think Wushu Chik is Japanese! (the Final Fantasy character is supposdely)

yenhoi
03-18-2002, 09:05 AM
Wushu chic should answer her own (demanding) question.

Power comes from the ground.

David Jamieson
03-18-2002, 09:17 AM
The lever sits on the post.

i hope that explains it. :)

peace

Badger
03-18-2002, 09:23 AM
Why do you call BJJ a joke??

Badger

NafAnal
03-18-2002, 10:03 AM
What badger said.

shaolinboxer
03-18-2002, 10:13 AM
mainatin one point
keep weight underside
extend ki
relax completely

nospam
03-18-2002, 04:40 PM
AVITAR??

Me thinks the woman doth see thangs ;)

Mine isn't me, either. I am much younger...as I recall anywho.

nospam.

fightfan
03-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Quit trollin Wendell. ;)

Renlei
03-18-2002, 07:12 PM
But I much prefer the technique by Nospam- energy is released through my yang.
Where can I learn this technique?

Don.

nospam
03-18-2002, 10:35 PM

It starts with a very good foundation in the above, built upon by actual skill in using (dynamic) and maintaining one's ground.

Where, pretel, would one learn this technique? That is part of the lesson...it is not in technique, rather, an understanding. Of course, it all begins at our foundation.

I imagine you could liken it to internal skill - a silk-reeling gung, if you will. We all are naturally capable of releasing yang energy. At its basic level each time you strike, it is a release of yang- an external action.

If you look at the Yang/Yin symbol, the way it is drawn of two parts, yet connected- one. With a dot or presence of either in the other. It's not necessarily always one way then another, and it is something we are all capable of achieving thru balance. An example: put both hands forward palms extended out- imagine someone pushing your left hand back - you absorb this as yin as your hand moves backward while your right hand extends forward as yang. Think of it as a continuing motion, like pedaling a bicycle.

Twofold basic minimum.

nospam.

HuangKaiVun
03-18-2002, 10:44 PM
There is no need to prove our legitimacy to anybody but OURSELVES.

But in keeping light with the original post, I will state that my style's power generation relies on the natural strength created by proper placement in my fighting sets.

David Jamieson
03-19-2002, 07:34 AM
hey wong, where have you been.

I noticed that you have just rejoined the forum and you are now vun instead of vin.

anyway, how's the training going?

peace

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-19-2002, 08:17 AM
i suck, but i think it's kinda like you're just using power that's already there. you just relax yourself enough so that you can be a good conduit for it.

you gather it from the ground and it travels in a very direct path through your legs, your center, and out the attacking appendage. the more relaxed you are the more energy you are able to gather and allow to move through you unhindered. when the energy is released through the attack it will be released in an infinitely small point unless you make it otherwise.

HuangKaiVun
03-19-2002, 09:14 AM
I don't know who "Wong" is.

Also, my old posts will clearly show that it's "vun" and not "vin".

My training goes extremely well.

After having been unceremoniously dropped by my sifu for being "disloyal", I am now practicing my OWN style.

By the way, thank you wushuchik for being understanding of my situation.

joedoe
03-19-2002, 03:23 PM
I thought you were a closed-door disciple. You don't have to answer this, but what did you do to get your sifu to do that?

HuangKaiVun
03-19-2002, 05:02 PM
I was a closed door disciple, but he renounced me and will never teach me again.

He did something he SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE, used me as a pad for his yucky activities, then blamed it all on me when I was supposed to cover up for him but screwed it up because I didn't know the situation.

Also, he got cold feet once he saw I was SERIOUS about starting a school. I was very up front with him about doing so, but he was fearing that his sifu in China would disapprove if he found out.

I apologized and apologized (even though I knew I shouldn't have), but he wouldn't have it. He also revealed that he disapproved of my rebellion against my parents, who I've been warring with for years and are trying to undercut my life. I didn't know this until AFTER he rejected me, but better later than not at all.

In the end, I am very grateful for having had the experience to train in my old style. It gave me a great insight into true traditional kung fu, and I'll cherish that forever.

joedoe
03-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear that. It is always sad to see the relationship between master & disciple go sour.

Hope things work out for you.