PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun in London UK?

londoner2001
03-18-2002, 12:06 PM
I am interested in starting Wing Chun training, I am currently training in Northern Shaolin but don't find it effective at close range.

Do any of you knwo fo Sifu Aldo Pellegrini or Sifu Pasco David? Are either of them good teachers, Pellegrini is nearer me but which is the better teacher, do either of them do sparring?

Thank you for any responses regarding this matter.

Rolling_Hand
03-18-2002, 12:18 PM
If you really want to learn Wing Chun, go to see GM Victor Kan.

londoner2001
03-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Victor Kan teaches in Lambeth SE1, I am up in north west london it would be virtually impossible for me to get down there very long time.

dezhen2001
03-18-2002, 01:39 PM
There is alot of WCK in London!
Why not buy Combat and have a look at the clubs section at the back? There's a lot of good stuff there...

david

londoner2001
03-18-2002, 01:44 PM
I think by just looking in combat it is hard ot find a good school. The two above Pasco David and Aldo Pellegrini are the only two close enough for me to attend. If anyone knows ANYTHING of them at all please enlighten me, I am very greatful for your help.

AdrianUK
03-19-2002, 01:20 AM
I think the vt website has a link to Pasco's website and I think he charges £10 a lesson (correct me anyone ?) which is very expensive or a class

popsider
03-19-2002, 03:33 AM
If you know where these teachers are then try them out. My advice would be to try out anyone within distance, then weigh up the cost. £10 a lesson seems expensive but then maybe that is what you pay in London, I don't know. You'd want to go at least twice a week if possible. Some clubs have a fixed rate and you then train as often as you like, that can be a good deal if you are enthusiastic - and if you are not there is little point in starting. You might like to check out the Basement - I think it is still going. Good luck.

Frank Exchange
03-19-2002, 04:09 AM
The Wong Shun Leung UK Association teaches in St Albans, 20 minutes from Kings Cross on Thameslink. The classes are £6 a time. The instructor has practiced for 32 years, and was personally certified by Wong to teach his method in the UK.

If you are interested in Wong's way, have a look.

www.wongvingtsun.co.uk

Regards
Frank

londoner2001
03-20-2002, 10:33 AM
ALdo Pellegrini is near me very near in fact, I think I may go and watch one of his lessons to see what they are like you know? If it was a choice of Pellegrini and Pasco who would you go for?

Also, do you do a lot of sparring in Wing Chun as I am a great beliver in semi contact sparring being the way to go?