PDA

View Full Version : Grappler view of NY San Shou

Brad Souders
03-18-2002, 05:12 PM
First off let me start by saying its was an honor to fight in this event. The people behind the scenes and the fighters themselves where all class acts. I enjoyed the event and atmosphere of the crowd. Lots of sportsmanship and high level class shown by first-timers and novice competitors. And if i had one person there i would have no problem losing to it was Jermey Bellarose. That boy was a class act and i wish nothing but the best for him.

Now for my experience in the ring. Let me start by saying anyone who knows me or ever seen me compete knows i live on the ground. So going into this event i know i had very limited and weak striking ablities. But i figured a way to gain more striking knowlegde was get in there and see what i need to improve on. Though my true goals lay in MMA it was refreshing to do something i am truly green in and not rely on just going to the ground. Though my takedowns are solid i now know i need more work on not getting myself to wide in my striking approach. I would also like to apologize to anyone there for my performance. Not my best outing and i was a little to tenitive but being way out of my game made me slow my action. The result of my fight was pretty much what i expected i had really no intention of winning my fight but more of guaging where my striking was. I also was checking out my training partner/student Eric Mortoff. I was very happy with his first in ring showing and see a big future in the ring for him very soon.

Thanks to all and i enjoyed talking to the ones i met. Jermey Bellarose congrats your a class act and defiently deserve that gold around your neck. Though now you have something over me i may want back. A winning reord :)

P.S. Good Lord Mike Norman U look like Justin Timberlake :)

Mutant
03-19-2002, 01:25 PM
TTT

brassmonkey
03-20-2002, 01:44 AM
Cool post, unfortunate someone moved it here where less will see it.

Mutant
03-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I think Brad had some great and interesting comments and observations and this thread should definately have been left on the main board, it is as relevent to general kung fu discussion as most any of the other threads on the main board at this time. And after all, the subject matter is the recent san shou event, if thats not relevent to kung fu, i don't know what is....I would have liked to hear some of the other grapplers comments on this too. Not many people seem to find this 'other related arts' forum. Oh well...