PDA

View Full Version : The Third Eye - Yang Ting Point

dfedorko@mindspring.com
03-19-2002, 06:43 PM
In this month's issue of IKF, April 2002, there was an article on the Yang Ting acupuncture point. I am not a Dim Mak practitioner but I thought the article was done quite well;very informative. It not only showed how to hurt but, also, to self-heal. However, I thought a better technique should have photographed. I tried the technique pictured in the article and I felt my center off-balance and I felt a little awkward. Guess that is why I'm not a Dim Mak practitioner.

Damian

Ray Pina
03-20-2002, 12:25 PM
I'll share with you one of the points I really like. Th upper lip, just to the side of the nose. Try hitting that with a Phoenix fist. Hurts like a bit...

I never thought of hitting the forehead, seems to hard to me. In reality I don't even like the phoenix fist. Too impractical for real use. Maybe to just chip at a forearm or something, or when a friend of a friend of a friend is becoming a bit of a wise a$$ in chi sau. Even a mere slap with that nuckle to the torso can sting quite bad. Gives a good message. Do not use it with class mates though because no one will play with you then.

Nexus
03-20-2002, 12:36 PM
If you are going to sneeze, pressing that point above the upper lip will in most cases cause that feeling so subside. I read on www.taijiworld.net that Erle Montaigue said it could be applied during sex to calm the feeling of ejaculation as well, although I have never tried it for that purpose.

- Nexus

Chris McKinley
03-20-2002, 08:54 PM
dfe****o,

That point is called Yin Tang, btw. It's ok, but there are much more accessible and effective points than that one.

Evolution Fist,

I believe you are referring to Liver 20, just FYI.

Nexus,

That point is Governor Vessel 26. Pressing that point when Yang is fully risen can cause the opposite of the usual effect. IOW, you might...er...lose yer resolve, so to speak. A more useful point is CV-1, or Hui Yin, between the scrotum and the anus. Sorry to be so...explicit.

Nexus
03-20-2002, 11:42 PM
Chris,

Hui yin is the point I am familiar with as well, although I thought on this one I would quote erle as it was related to the part of the body this thread was talking about. By blocking semen using that point I might add, you still lose a % of your sexual energy even if no semen is loss. Energetic control is preferable.

- Nexus

Chris McKinley
03-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Nexus,

I agree. At the risk of derailing this thread, I don't use ANY Tui Na for that purpose, not for years. I can get more sophisticated and complex if I want to, but usually the simplest method is simply directing the Yi to return that qi to the lower dantien. It took me years to really develop that kind of control, but once you have it, it becomes a very simple method of retention that doesn't require Tui Na or Kegels or whathaveyou.

Nexus
03-21-2002, 01:28 AM
That sounds like an effective method as you have described it. The Taoist practices which I am more familiar with come from a school of teaching which has a foundation on the meditative and health facilities of the internal arts so I have been introduced to several methods (and likely more to come in the future). The most popular one as of late has been that of the circulating the chi via the microcosmic orbit, although I have found for general purposes that dan tien breathing and the encompassing of the wuji mind have magnificent settling effects on the energy in the body. During sex however, I have found the microcosmic orbit to be the best facilitator of drawing the energy in it's natural flow. That flow being up the spine over the top of the head and down the front of the body. Regardless of method, whatever works best and feels best is what I would go with. And we have now officially strayed from the topic.

- Nexus

Repulsive Monkey
03-21-2002, 06:51 AM
is not a point that one should play about with, especially with its attachemnet function-wise to the Pineal gland. There is the very real possibility of instigating mental illness if fooled around with. Plus as someone has already mentioned, for Dim Mak purposes it's not really one of the best points to choose. St 9 is a more traditional one.

Nexus
03-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Pearl of the ear.