PDA

View Full Version : ewallace...did you kill KC Elbows or somethin?

Badger
03-20-2002, 03:36 PM
He appears to be missing.

Badger

ewallace
03-20-2002, 03:38 PM
I don't have sufficient evidence to either confirm or deny that report.

KC Elbows
03-21-2002, 11:12 AM
help....

someone, help...

ewallace
03-21-2002, 11:38 AM
KC did you take a week off after rhyming everything to clear your head or your pipes?

KC Elbows
03-21-2002, 11:42 AM
I was on Royal Dragon's board making war with the Chung Moonies. They were spamming the board, and a few of us were helping out until RD could make the forum changes necessary to track IP's.

These chumps kept telling me my technique was inferior, and I kept challenging them to come to KC and put their money where their mouths were. I must've made thirty challenges, yet none of the morons accepted.

Plus, it took a lot of fiber before my arse would quit rhyming.

ewallace
03-21-2002, 11:44 AM
Chung Moonies
Who dat?

David
03-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Badger, I like your sig a lot. Sums up how I feel.

KC Elbows
03-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Ewallace,
Students of an art called Chung Moo Quan, a.k.a. chung moo doe, a.k.a. oom yung do. RD and I met there, we were students. They are quite the group, claim a 1500 year old lineage, yet can't produce any documented proof of its existence before 1970-ish. They claim that chung moo quan is the source of ALL martial arts, and are really jerks to anyone critical of this. The chain of schools is run by a guy named John C. Kim, who, along with a large number of higher belts, went to prison in the nineties for tax evasion.

As far as any of us have been able to figure out, Kim studied something like tang soo do, opened his schools teaching kong su(which, from my understanding, is a name that applies to a number of korean arts), and later came up with the whole chung moo quan speel.

To get an idea of the extent of their craziness, check out their bizarre website:

http://www.oomyungdoe.com/

When I was in, anyone who left the school was considered "walking dead", "no mind", etc. In addition, the instructors spoke in broken english a lot.

At the same time as the tax evasion case, a local Chicago reporter named Pam Zekman did a series called "The Cult and the Con". The lawyer for Chung Moo Quan warned her that the instructors were "rockheads", that he was afraid they would do something to her, and that, if she dropped the report, he could guarantee her safety. The beautiful part about all this is that he did it on camera, so that made the report, too.

The school does not spar, teaches endless forms with no coherent fighting system I could see, and is waaaaay expensive.

A number of people refer to them as the chung moonies.

ewallace
03-21-2002, 01:04 PM
Holly fucck I know exactly what you are talking about. I think there was a school on Ogden Ave in Naperville. This guy I knew named Andy went there. He supposedly broke some kids back in a tournement or something.

KC Elbows
03-21-2002, 01:15 PM
Seeing as they were against tournaments, I'd imagine the "supposedly" is the most important word in that sentence.

And yes, there was a naperville school.