PDA

View Full Version : erm... protective wear in wing chun?

Mr Punch
03-21-2002, 07:17 AM
Tried this one before... but nobody was remotely interested...:confused: :( :D ...

let's try:

what protective gear does anyone wear in wc? For chi sau? For sparring? For criticising someone else's technique...:rolleyes: ?!...

Ish
03-21-2002, 07:26 AM
for sparing i use a pair of 10oz gloves. thats all the protective gear i use, everything else is just for training

Starbuck
03-21-2002, 10:07 AM
I will put on forearm and/or shin pads if those areas start to hurt from whatever we're doing. Basically if the pain starts to prevent me from doing the technique correctly. Otherwise, I leave them off. Also, an athletic supporter with cup. One graze is all it takes to convince of its necessity. :eek:

Nat from UK
03-21-2002, 10:28 AM
Shin Pads, Gum Shield, Head Guard (boxing style not semi contact) and gloves similar to the MMA ones used in UFC.

And a bit of control.

Nat from UK

anerlich
03-21-2002, 05:42 PM
Mouthguard, groin cup, shin pads, fingerless gloves for semi contact. You can still cheat with the fingerless gloves and hit almost bare fisted, I've seen some guys even work the padding out of the knuckles.

Minimum 10oz gloves and possibly a headguard for full-contact sparring.

Escrima or Cricket helmet with face guard, escrima body jacket, elbow, forearm, shin, and knee pads and cricket gloves for weapons sparring.

Wingman
03-21-2002, 06:19 PM
For chi sao, I only use a mouthguard. Sometimes, I spar with a boxer and we use boxing gloves and headgear.

kungfu cowboy
03-22-2002, 04:33 PM
G-string and nipple tassles.

yuanfen
03-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Wearing protective equipment during chi sao?
Nooooo. Learn how to chi sao.