PDA

View Full Version : Lung Shou Pai???

BurtRaynolds
10-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Or Lung Chuan pai or Long Quan Pai. A person called Mark S posted a question about this a while back but didn't get any answers, other than "it sucks"

Is there anyone that knows anything about this style, any experience?

If Mark S reads this, have you tried it out?

Hope some intelligent person(s) answer this time. Thanks. :-)

fiercest tiger
10-05-2001, 05:20 PM
:o

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

BurtRaynolds
10-05-2001, 07:48 PM
Why? Reasons please?

Any other opinions?

Nutt'nhunny
10-05-2001, 07:54 PM
wolf hand style?

BurtRaynolds
10-05-2001, 08:30 PM
Dragon fist style or Dragon claw style.

Tvebak
10-06-2001, 10:30 AM
We have a lungchuanpai school here in denmark, i have visited it several times, and i dont like the system from my personal preference, but it seems very effective and beautiful.
They use long arm strikes and moving into the opponent in low stances to destroy his root while they attack with punches.
allso a lot of different kicks,both low high and flying are used.

BurtRaynolds
10-06-2001, 12:12 PM
Which Kind of Kung Fu do you like/study? What's your personal preference? What sets Lung Shou Pai apart from the style you study?

The way things work, in the Kung Fu schoole avalible to me, is that you have to study Lung Shou Pai before you can move on to 7 star praying mantis and Lan Shou (Budda's hand). Do you know any of these styles???

fiercest tiger
10-07-2001, 12:41 AM
i take that back...

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

BurtRaynolds
10-07-2001, 07:55 PM
One Person knows something about this style!?! One person!!!!!

Is it really that rare or can't anyone be bothered to reply? :confused:

Gray Dragon
10-04-2006, 06:27 PM
It is Real... Here is the History of Long (or Lung) Shou Pai.. Dragon Claw System...

I am a disciple of this style.... If you believe it to be weak...

I am not hard to find...

----

The Gray Dragon

P. S.

Know Your History

Most martial art styles have become what they are today only through many centuries of study, trial and error, and patiently passing down their skills and philosophies from generation to generation. Many styles began as an effort to defend one's self or to overcome physical inadequacies, while others merged and became a new combined style. Temple styles such as Shao Lin(Ng Yin Ga) were developed from breathing and meditation exercises and the study of animals living in their natural habitat
The Shao Lin Temple style (Ng Yin Ga), was refined over the centuries by the Shao Lin Monks and earned wide spread fame throughout China. The original 72 forms were enlarged to 170 forms, which were subdivided into five styles. These highly sophisticated styles were called the Five Formed Fist (Tung Wu Ch'uan Fa), they were designed after the five animals; the Tiger, the Leopard, the Crane, the Snake, and the Dragon.

From the Tiger they learned strength and staying power; from the Leopard they learned speed and patience; and from the Crane they learned grace and self control. The Snake gave them suppleness and endurance; and from the Dragon they learned spiritual calmness.

The Shao Lin Temple style was taught only to those worthy of receiving such knowledge and for many generations its secrets remained within the walls of the temple. During the 17th century when China was conquered by the Ching Dynasty, officials and supporters of the overthrown Ming Dynasty sought refuge in the Shao Lin Temple. They were plotting a revolution when the temple was invaded and destroyed by forces of the Ching Dynasty. It was during this period that a few monks escaped, and the secret Shao Lin Temple arts were disclosed to the outside world.

Shao Lin Kung Fu's effectiveness through the centuries became legendary and many great teachers and styles emerged. One of these teachers was Grandmaster Li Nung-Ti (1796-1870), from Ta Ku China. He studied the Shao Lin style of Tung Wu Ch'uan (Five Formed Fist), and in 1830 developed a family style called Lung Shou Pai (Dragon Claw System). Grandmaster Li Nung-Ti had two disciples; they were his brothers Master Li Tan-Foy (1806-1875), and Master Ling Chang-Wu (1831-1901).

There is little known about Master Li Tan-Foy except that he was taught Lung Shou Pai by his brother, and was also a student of Tai Chi Chuan. It is said that he had a hand in training Master Ling Chang-Wu because he was the elder disciple of Gramaster Li Nung-Ti.

Ling Chang-Wu was Grandmaster Li Nung-Ti and Master Li Tan-Foy's nephew, and was an inportant part in the development of Lung Shou Pai. In 1896, he moved his family to Canton, because he wanted to be relatively safe from the turmoil of the Boxers Rebellion. Knowing the boxers had very little chance of winning against the foreigners, his love for China made him return to the Society of the Fist of Righteous Harmony.

During the Boxers Rebellion he lost his right hand, but his ability and his techniques with his left hand were so fierce the boxers called him Ti Sha Shou (Left Hand of the Devil). He was killed in 1901, near Peking (Beijing). Grandmaster Ling Chang-Wu managed to perpetuate the art of Lung Shou Pai by teaching his only son, Ling Kat-Klung (1876-1969).

Grandmaster Ling Kat-Klung practiced Lung Shou Pai every day of the week, seven hours a day constantly improving on his father's teachings, and the Lung Shou Pai principles. While in Canton he sought out other martial artists who were also practicing in secrecy, because of the revolutionary state of China.

After his father's death, Grandmaster Ling came to the United States to start a new life. He lived with a cousin in California for a year, then moved to New Orleans, Louisiana. He taught his art of Lung Shou Pai to his son Robert Kuan Ling (1920-1961) and Norman Pedelahore (1945- ).

Master Robert Kuan Ling and his wife were tragically killed in 1961, in an automobile accident. They had two children, Charles Robert Ling (1945- ), and Cindy Li Ling (1947- ).

Charles and Cindy Ling studied the family art of Lung Shou Pai in the same classical manner as the generations before them. Charles was the link that would cause the art to be passed on to a person not of Asian descent.

Norman John Pedelahore was born in New Orleans, LA on 8-7-45. He was introduced to Grandmaster Ling Kat-Klung when he was seven years old by his close friend Charles Ling. Because he wanted to test his grandson's ability, Grandmaster Ling allowed the outsider to study the family art of Lung Shou Pai, not knowing at the time that one day the student he called New Boy, would become a son and carry on his precious family art.
Norman studied directly under the supervision of Grandmaster Ling for ten years, learning the techniques and principles of the family art. In 1959, he was adopted into the family by the Pai Shi Tea Ceremony and became Grandmaster Ling Kat-Klung's second son. In 1962, Norman and his family moved to Slidell, La. a city about 30 miles from New Orleans.

Because of his health and age, in 1965, Grandmaster Ling retired from teaching and named Norman John Pedelahore his successor to the art of Lung Shou Pai. The responsibility of teaching and perpetuating Lung Shou Pai's values and principles are now placed squarely on his shoulders.

No conflict, no casualty...

Oso
10-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Greetings, Gray Dragon.

I learned some Lung Shou Pai from Rick Ward in Boone NC. Master Pedlahore came to Boone several times from what I understand (before my time with Rick)

Basically, I learned some of the Plum Flower Handwork and the Crane, Tiger and Combo sets. I liked them a lot.

I've since moved on to Mantis only but have recently been hankering to resurrect those three forms.

and, um, you realize you dug up a 5 year old thread don't you?

BSegrave
10-24-2006, 11:24 AM
I know that Lung Shou Pai is real. I am a black belt under Norman Pedelahore and I know Rick Ward. He did a clinic for us years ago. Kung fu is very effective and pretty.

Oso
10-24-2006, 07:08 PM
:confused: Congratulations.:confused: