PDA

View Full Version : Choy Li Fut--where to learn in Central California

gordonliu
02-27-2001, 03:44 AM
Greetings everyone,

I have been involved in various styles of martial arts, in particular, kung fu. Yet, I am most im-
pressed with the Choy Li Fut styles. I want to learn it, but where in the Sacramento area can a foolio like me learn it? I only know of one actual
school that claims to teach it, but I wasn't too pleased with their pushy, car-salesman type of or-
ientation. Comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :cool:

03-07-2001, 03:54 AM
There is a great Choy Li Fut school in Sacramento that I happen to belong to. It's called Eastern Ways Martial Arts (916-962-3995). Sifu Hubbard has Grand Master Doc Fay Wong as his personal instructor. The quality of instruction is, in my opinion, first rate. Everyone - instructors and students alike - will treat you with respect and dignity regardless of your background or skill level. When I started I didn't know a thing about kung fu - or any other martial art for that matter - but I was made to feel right at home. If you decide to check it out tell them Mr. Walker sent you. Good luck.

Peace, out.

chuang tzu
03-14-2001, 03:39 PM
There's a very famous Choy Lay Fut and Northern Shaolin master in Sacramento -- Lai Hung. He teaches classes a couple times a week at UC Davis. Also, Lai Hung's son teaches once a week at his house. The twist is that Lai Hung first teaches you Northern Shaolin -- and then once you've completed a portion of that curriculum, he starts on the Choy Lay Fut. It can take 3 years or so before you move on to the Choy Lay Fut.