PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy-assed training.

Mr Punch
03-22-2002, 06:37 AM
:mad: I've just stepped up my training. Now, eg, I'm doing the deepest horse stance for my six-hand chigung, the lowest adducted horse stance for my sil lum tao, the greatest number of various different press-ups, the slowest then the fastest and a reasonable number of reps of my strikes etc. I think I'm eating all the right things for keeping my muscles in optimum working condition. But after training, for a couple of hours I feel like a grumpy, spaced-out mean-assed son-of-a-biatch. I don't think this is normal!:rolleyes:

Could I be missing some mineral which makes me happy!!?

I read somewhere for example, that selenium, although it is only needed in minute amounts, helps regulate neurotransmitters...?

Or do I just need to drink more beer?

Anyone any ideas?

Justa Man
03-22-2002, 02:33 PM
guohuen that is a great signature. love it.
mat, maybe try some kava kava or st john's wort. both can be found at your local vitamin store. kava kava works great to keep me mellow, when i feel out of wack.

IronFist
03-22-2002, 04:28 PM
I agree that guohuen's signature is awesome :)

IronFist

Qi dup
03-22-2002, 06:32 PM
guohuen does have one crazy hizantz signature. I quote it all the time to people.

I'm sure lots of people on here will be able to give you better advice than me, however I wouldn't sugest drinking more beer. or else next thing you know it will be your answer to everything;)

Qi dup
03-22-2002, 06:34 PM
drink some milk or eat some turkey.

NPMantis
03-23-2002, 07:16 AM
Make sure you do some breathing exercises

for example : get in the horse stance with your arms held up in front of you at face level, palms facing with with hands a couple of inches apart (almost as if holding a large imaginary ball) then breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Keep your stomach tense and as you breath in expand your stomach and vice-versa when you breath out. Focus on one point in space or have your eyes closed - and empty your mind of everything. Keep this up for 5-10 mins or as long as you want and you will feel really relaxed afterwards.

guohuen
03-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Wish I could remember were I stole it from.

Mr Punch
03-25-2002, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the advice chaps.

guohen and NPMantis, I already do just that. In fact NP, my six-hand chigung set starts with that move. Should maybe do some more.

Qi dup, cool name! Unforch, I don't actually drink much beer, or eat turkey, or drink milk! Is milk a source of selenium?

justaman, cheers. I find kava kava too trippy (not suggesting you're whacked out! I know it doesn't affect everybody the same way...:( :eek: :rolleyes: Honest... aside sheesh...!). A few people have suggested St.John's Wort. Sounds good.

The main problem (apart from whinging) is that I don't know if it's some micro-nutrient deficiency or some change in my chigung practice... something changing cos I'm going too deep or something...?

Sharky
03-25-2002, 11:20 AM
Try whacking off.

diego
03-25-2002, 03:42 PM
member that movie 3years ago with lou diamond philips and markymark, directed by jonwoo, buddy i think bokeem woodbine he made a good wank part of his daily training program, talking about girls cant satisfy him, and he alway's has his squeezegrips, thought that was funny, as thier about to do a hit, and he all wait, i'm tense give me twenty min.:)
Bloddewankas

Qi dup
03-26-2002, 05:56 PM
It could really be lots of thing. Sometimes when I'm working out I get really spaced out. One time it lasted for a whole day after my work out, I was just all floty feeling. Starting something new is probably going to make your body react a little wierd. Working out seems to have made my body really sesative to some things. I would recomend taking a good multivitamin for starters if you don't already. When I really load up on my carbs I tend to feel less 'spacey' when I work out. I recomended Turkey and milk because it has this one stuff in it (can't remember what it's called) that makes you kind of happy and tired. thus the old wives tail about drinking milk before you go to bed. Those are all the ideas I have, I'm sure there's a lot more out there. good luck man!

DelicateSound
03-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Try smoking pot. Drink just gets me down.

I knew a guy [gym freak] who used to *get ready to barf guys* drink his own ejaculate to get back the protein lost.

People like him should have break failure and slam into the side of a Mack[TM]Truck hauling Hazardous Biological Waste.

Colin
03-27-2002, 04:12 PM
DS "I knew a guy [gym freak] who used to *get ready to barf guys* drink his own ejaculate to get back the protein lost."

Not the sort of thing i'd admit to!

Nasty nasty sticky little man! :eek:

scotty1
03-28-2002, 05:01 AM
How do you return your Chi to your Dan Tien?

wushu chik
03-28-2002, 07:57 PM
DS...knowing the sick minded person you are...i have a theory for you. PM me or e-mail me (since I can't do either to you) and i will be happy to tell you! Probably something you know, just never really thought about. WELL, knowing you, you have!!!

~Wen~

Mr Punch
03-29-2002, 05:52 AM
Cheers again guohen and Qidup. I do usually try to return to the tanden when I finish...

Thanks a bunch the rest of you! :rolleyes: DS I've tried a lot of things, but I've always figured that it's the training that'll provide the satori/kensho/whatever... however, for kicks... some of us do have girlfriends...!!!:D

wushu chik: you can't leave us all in suspense like that: spill the beans, or whatever it is you wanna spill ;) :D !

wushu chik
03-30-2002, 03:46 AM
You know when a girl "swallows" while she is pregnant...her unborn child is eating it's potential siblings. Just thought I would bring that to mind. :) There's hope for all of us DS.

diego
03-30-2002, 04:26 AM
:)

Mr Punch
04-01-2002, 06:35 AM
er... thanks Wushu Chik... I now know not to ask you any questions again!

wushu chik
04-01-2002, 01:58 PM
Come on guys...I thought that DS would appreciate that one. Sorry mat, you can ask me any question you want, and I won't give you a sick answer. Sorry, but I was in a mood that day! Have a great day, and hope you are better than you were.

~Wen~

shaolinboxer
04-01-2002, 02:45 PM
It's most like your blood sugar levels. I suggest an old remedy my father taught me....take one bottle of water and add a big heaping of natural honey. Shake well, drink!