PDA

View Full Version : YKM PAK SAU, LUM DA CHUM CHUI, CHARN JEURNG, and more!!!

TAO YIN
04-01-2001, 09:09 AM
Southern Players,

I wanted to see what thoughts you guys and gals have on some of these moves. Do you think they are combat ready if applied correctly? For a fight, do you think these moves could work efficiently as one flowing combo? How do you train these techniques? Do you break them down individually? What are some of the differences in application you have seen with these techniques? Which of these techniques (or any technique) do you feel is the most effecive for you? What are some of the stances that you guys and gals believe these techniques are more applicable with?

I know that is a lot of questions but I am curious to what you guys and gals have seen and felt with some of these techniques, whether it be in kuens or fighting. I hope to hear from all of you.

Thanks in advance

LUNG YING KUEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAO YIN

"With great power, be still"

:D

[This message was edited by TAO YIN on 04-02-01 at 12:15 AM.]

rocklion
04-01-2001, 02:37 PM
To answer your questions;

Every technique in Yau Kung Mun is combat ready!

Don’t know if id use all those techniques in a row, however if I connected with a chum tsui, charn jeurng would be a nice follow up, notice that you go into horse stance for charn jeurng, this I like. I train these techniques by striking a wall bag filled with rice or on focus mits with a partner. I have seen many different applications for these techniques and as always “It depends on the situation”.

Personally I like Lum Da to take out the attackers lead hand as he shapes up . Pak Sau (Soy Quil) is extremely useful and can be used for arm breaks, smashing the bridge or softer techniques like redirecting an oncoming punch.

I hope this is what you were after…good luck in your training

BIU JI
04-02-2001, 12:47 AM
As rocklion stated chan cheun can be a follow up after chum choi but I also think of using it by rather than striking the ribs etc but striking the face and/or then grabbing the face just under the nose and following through to sut choi. Pulling the head backwards off balances the person exposing the throat and upper body, sut choi is in perfect position to strike this area or you could use soi kiul inside to hammer down driving them into the ground.
I'm getting excited now, what else you got Tao man? :D

rocklion
04-02-2001, 02:37 AM
thanks BuiJi i never thought to use this strike on the face.Sut tsui would be an excellent follow up, you really do like that strike dont you ;)

fiercest tiger
04-02-2001, 06:03 AM
i like both ribs and head shots, but a charn jeurng to the throat the a quick fu jow pr ying jow to seize followed a knee to the spine! :)

i like it a lot! (dumb and dumber) :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
04-02-2001, 02:28 PM
What happened to the stomp on the throat?

Buby
04-02-2001, 04:15 PM
I like lum da chum choi gwa ma. As I knock the head back I drop and take out the leg. It allows me to be in control. I can hurt him or just control the situation.

Pak Sau Sol kiul is another one of my favorites. It's simple and very direct. Its flexible and that's what I like, you can slap the hand and hammer away, use it as an arm break or to slap the hand and hammer the inner part of your opponents arm, etc..

Yes, I break all my combos down and train them individually.

I train with my cousin who's a boxer. We take turns hitting the pads. He does his boxing combos and I do my YKM combos. Then I'll have him throw punches at me(slowly) until i get the flow of the move, then I tell him not to hold any punches and I train the move with him coming at me full speed.

Take care
Buby

fiercest tiger
04-03-2001, 01:46 AM
good on ya! working with a boxer can give good fast reflexes and timing. nice answers, i think gwa ma isnt looked at enough when people are doing the forms or breakdowns. ill be sending you a written exam soon!!! :)

keep it real!

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

sui-fuw
04-03-2001, 01:54 AM
don't forget children YKM will die.with limp ging as your leader what TRUE POWER do you have?[be honest] :p

fiercest tiger
04-03-2001, 02:00 AM
we are stronger than ever, even with limp ging.

fool!

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
04-03-2001, 02:02 AM
You have respect for him so you must be involved with him right!?

i think so :(

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
04-03-2001, 02:07 AM
Where you been d**khead? Thought you'd be posting uneducated remarks earlier, you must be slower than I thought!

Exactly what is your disorder ball breath, are your parents related?! :D

rocklion
04-03-2001, 02:15 AM
sui-fuw, while everyone that trains under FT knows your full of sh*t it's the other people on this forum who might take what you say seriously, to these people i say jealousy and resentment can make people do silly things, so please take what sui-fuw says about Yau Kung Mun with about half a grain of salt.

fiercest tiger
04-03-2001, 02:21 AM
even everyone on kfo knows sui fuw is full of ****!
and it doesnt matter what other say, we know!!

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

rocklion
04-03-2001, 02:34 AM
of course we know he's full of sh*t,it just annoys me, it's hard to read people showing
no respect for your sifu, especially when he's half a world away.

TAO YIN
04-03-2001, 05:03 AM
Sui Fuw, closely related to Dog Poo!

So whatz up biotch? Got a problem?

Here I am, full of Ging...Waiting!

YAU KUNG MUN WILL NEVER DIE!

:mad:

[This message was edited by TAO YIN on 04-03-01 at 08:25 PM.]

Buby
04-03-2001, 01:42 PM
According to you YKM will die. So I ask you:

Is someone trying to kill us?

Are you going to try to kill us?

Why would you want us dead?

**** Sui-Fuw, I thought your kungfu was better than that. Your always talking about how kungfu is not for fighting, but yet you start fights. I don't know your letting me down.LOL

Sifu's limp ging? Do you know my sifu? Have you seen any demo of my sifu?

I'm pretty sure your answers to the questions above are no. And if your answer is no, I offer you a napkin to wipe your mouth from all the SH*T you're talking.

Buby"the super limp ging gangsta"
:p

[This message was edited by Buby on 04-04-01 at 04:50 AM.]