PDA

View Full Version : Can someone offer advice?

Ray Pina
03-22-2002, 01:23 PM
I've had a cyst on my back for about ten years. Its about the size and mass of the top of my thumb, from the middle knuckle up.

Doesn't really hurt, but sometimes I feel a stiffness in the area, like a pulling. I've just found a smaller one on my shoulder. More then one doctor told the big one is just fatty tissue not to worry.

But my mothers side of the family is known for cysts and my mother died of cancer at a young age -- she was only 38, but a heavy smoker.

Can accupuncture or anything remove this, or do I need to get sliced. I know alittle of the theory of blackages and accumalations, also have been told to cut out dairy.

Any suggestoions?

Polaris
03-23-2002, 01:13 PM
That certainly goes beyond my limited knowledge of TCM. Have
you gone to any alternative practitioners? I believe the Pacific
College of Oriental Medicine (Manhattan) has a clinic you
can go to that wouldn't cost much. Maybe they could help you out.

guohuen
03-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Ray, I'd talk to an MD about lazer surgury.
Toney

Repulsive Monkey
03-25-2002, 07:07 AM
can help. Most masses and lumps in Chinese Medicine are considere to be long term damp being converterd into Phlegm, and thats not stictly Phlegm from the western understanding of the word. Phlegm is seen as the solidifcation of long term damp in the body and has a more turbid nature to it. Acupuncture can work effectively in dimishing these lumps, however by different methods western medicine has its own effective means of getting rid of these too.

Nexus
04-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Go see a dermatologist. They can remove these lumps in a surgical manner in under half an hour. I've watched the surgery performed myself and its relatively quick and completely painless. Just make sure to compare prices before committing as surgery can be expensive (check your insurance).

woliveri
04-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Repulsive Monkey is correct. The subject of phlegm is very interesting and for some reason not many TCM Doctors I've been to have not understood the problems phlegm can cause (or they didn't let me know they knew which was revealed in their treatment:-)). Actually, I have only met one TCM Doctor of many who took the approach of treating phlegm. Anyway, While acupuncture may be effective in dealing with phlegm I believe herbs in combination with acupuncture can be much more effective. Also, while Western medicine may have effective treatments in removing the cyst, it most likely will not remove any underlying issues of phlegm which might cause the cyst to reappear. So perhaps the best is in both worlds. For rapid removal see a Western doctor. For diagnosis and treatment of internal phlegm see a TCM Doctor.

Repulsive Monkey, Are you a TCM Doctor or Student of TCM?

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-04-2002, 06:29 AM
I have some little bumps on my hands/fingers, not your size, and used the Jow to hopefully get rid of them. They are still present but minute and I believe the jow keeps them dorment. They don't itch and most of the time I don't think about them at all. Hope you find what you need.

Damian