PDA

View Full Version : e-mail problem/help??

Black Jack
03-22-2002, 03:23 PM
For some reason I am not able to get any new e-mails at all, my computer is only throwing out the same old two spam messages, even though it shows at least 12 waiting in the wings.

Here is what it states for those with computer knowledge.

Receiving message 3 of 12 (100 of 4k) -the last 12 was once 9 but new messages from people trying to reach me are coming in but I can not access them-after it hits the second e-mail in line it then states-error recieved 2 messages.

Does anyone know how I can fix the problem??????

Thanks

ewallace
03-22-2002, 03:25 PM
I'll email the instructions.

Just kidding. Could be a message with a very large attachment that can't finish. Call your ISP and they can delete a large message from your box.

Black Jack
03-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Thats what a friend on mine stated,

But is their any other way to do it without calling the ISP, I want to avoid that if possible, thanks.

ewallace
03-22-2002, 03:38 PM
nope. It is going to sit there and attempt to download everytime you pop ...check your mail.

prana
03-22-2002, 03:52 PM
do this find your email server on your accounts properties.

c:/> telnet your.mail.server 110
"user <your username>"
"pass <yourpassword>"

You should get a you are logged in message.

"stat"
you have x read and y unread emails
"retr 1"
"retr 2"
"retr 3"

Until you find the culprit email(s)
then

"DELE 1" or "DELE 2"

finished
"quit" or "exit"

Done :) check your mail again

Black Jack
03-22-2002, 03:59 PM
Prana,

That sounds great but can you take me through it from the beginning as that is greek to me.

Any help would be apprecaited, like where to start, pretend I am on the little yellow bus, not just on, but in the back.:D

prana
03-22-2002, 04:04 PM
if you are using windows

go to start>run> and then type in cmd
you will get a command prompt (your shell)

If you are on a nix, open sh

Which part are you having troubles with ?

If you are on windows, you can find out the server name by going to TOOLS>ACCOUNTS>MAIL TABS>PROPERTIES button>POP3 SERVER.

then the process is same from thereon, type in
"telnet POP3server.com 110"
and so on...

or if you trust me, you can PM me your serevrname , username and password and I will fix it up for you.

prana
03-22-2002, 04:20 PM
how is it going ?

prana
03-22-2002, 04:46 PM
hello ? can anyone hear me, there is no voice. I cannot hear... hello.... ha hell 000 ???

Black Jack
03-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Prana,

Sorry about not getting back, real world and all demands my attention, I am going to try your methods out a bit later tonight, I really appreciate the efforts, and if all fails I will take you up on your offer.

Thanks for the help, and hears hoping, :D

wufupaul
03-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Go to mail2web.com and delete it from there. That way, it directly goes into the server, and you don't have to download it. Delete the offending message, and any spam mail that's in there,:D It could also possible be your anti-virus program blocking the email. Try the mail site first, before you disable the anti-virus, though.

S.Teebas
03-23-2002, 05:15 AM
why not juts call ur ISP?...got some 'private' mail in there eh???...

come on...tell us what you dont want the world to know about you!!

But seriously, i wouldnt be keen on giving out my account details to some unknown guy over the net.... even if he is a devout tibeten monk!

prana
03-23-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by S.Teebas
But seriously, i wouldnt be keen on giving out my account details to some unknown guy over the net.... even if he is a devout tibeten monk!

That is good advice actually, dont trust anyone.

you guys have a serrious misconception about me though...SERIOUS !

Anyway, you WILL be able to work it out with those instructions above.... otherwise, you might need to go to a chat room so you can replay the problem to me....