PDA

View Full Version : "You know your kung-fu sucks if..."2 by me.

Former castleva
03-23-2002, 11:15 AM
1.You work hard to condition your eyes,throat and groin.
2.You thought pretty acrobatics,high flashy kicks and cool flips are good for self-defense.
3.You practise real knife defenses during your first class at kwoon.
4.You thought watching martial art flicks would prepare you for a real street attack.
5.You try to strike your friend with your elbow while shaking hands.
6.You use palm strikes to open doors.
7.Whenever someone (a friend,relative..) hugs you,you try to protect yourself from knee strikes or a bear hug from front.
8.You try to wrestle your way out of chest,sleeve or wrist grabs.
9.You use headbutts with your forehead or face.
10.You form a plain/usual fist by tucking your thumb in on centre of palm with your fingers covering.
11.You test flesh tearing,vein sealing&joint breaking techniques on yourself.
12.You check out/test how long you can hold your breath while doing chi-kung.
13.You cut your hair to avoid hair grabs.
14.You condition you wrists and fingertips by violently striking hard areas with them.
15.You immediately form a fighting stance while/if someone walks towards you on streets.
16.You say something like "sorry,I gotta go feed my hamster" if someone asks something like "whatīs time?" or "why do you have a dislocated elbow?" on streets.
17.You see red crosshairs/spots on your eyes,nose,ears and solar plexus while looking to mirror.
18.You punch yourself with phoenix-eye to find new pressure points/meridians.
19.You use pepper spray as a deodorant body spray.
20.You try to misplace/dislocate your martial art pracitioner friends bone/joint(s) while helping him/her with stretching.
21.You try to strike attackerīs solar plexus,lower dantian/hara/tanden,chest,kidneys,lower ribs but heīs wearing a heavy leather jacket/coat.
22.You try to apply a (clothing/gi based) choke hold on attacker,-/your friend who is not even wearing a shirt.
23.You think about different ways of using surroundings- fruits,coffee packets,bread or candy for a possible fight while visiting a shop.
24.You try to force your training partner to chin-na without "softening" him up.(As) He happens to be a lot bigger and stronger than you.
25.You try to force your partner (or attacker) into a throw without proper unbalancing.
26.You try to apply a gentle fingerlock in a multiple attacker situation against an attacker who happens to have seven armed partners lusting for your blood.
27.You wear (eye)glasses to protect your eyes.
28.You donīt practise kung-fu.
29.You crosstrain in such arts as bowling to boost your kung-fu.
30.You use to boast at bad neighbourhood.
31.You use martial art quotes like Bruce Leeīs "Empty heads do often have long tongues" while getting verbally attacked by a gang of angry,drunken teens.
32.You think Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris have great kung-fu.
33.You use common thug techniques like bear hug,"cop grip",straight fist to face,front kick to stomach or chest grab in a fight.
34.You preach "kung-fu is the best martial art.It can easily beat bjj and karate,those arts are nothing but cr*p,kung-fu is superior"-.
35.You start singing "kung-fu fighting" in a bar full of drunken bums or in your local kwoon during a test.

old jong
03-23-2002, 11:47 AM
-You practice in a dojo.
-You call your teacher sensei.
-In one of the "kata", you do a flip, end up in a split,trow a punch while holdind a pair of nunchakus in your armpit and kiai for a full minute with eyes bulging out of their sockets.
-Your school sign says: Ninja Kai Dragon Do Society.
-The animal list in your school is: The Panda
the moose
the donkey the stegosaurus
the skunk.
-There are 45 levels of belt.

tri2bmt
03-23-2002, 08:46 PM
-Your teacher teaches from a book.
-The book was a joke manual from a Mad magazine.
-You are required to break random inanimate objects like boards or bricks.

In this case, your kung fu is superior to anything I have ever seen if.
-You can place a paper towel on a brick and then chop the paper towel in half without damaging the brick

TenTigers
03-24-2002, 01:28 AM
You are an "honorary disciple of the shaolin temple"(and you have the reciept to prove it) and you actually believe your own bull****-nuff said

dezhen2001
03-24-2002, 07:19 AM
palm strikes and kicks work well to open doors ;) (kicks especially if your hands are full) :D

david

Former castleva
03-24-2002, 10:30 AM
I have used them but if the door is shut/locked you should rather try to open it than to try to smash it trough.

tri2bmt
03-24-2002, 07:31 PM
Your kung fu sucks if...
-Sodomy is the only "Sparring" you do
-You live in Winnipeg, Manitoba
-Iron palm training requires you to put your palm on a red hot iron.
-You train in an aincent art of caribou fist which originated at the shaolin temple in downtown calgary right next to the McDonalds in wal-mart.
-Sodomy is all you do.
-Your forms look suspeciously like the moon walk infamed by Michael Jackson.
-You enjoyed Lord of the Rings.
-Your teacher is a dead donkey with a rotten cat shoved half way up its ass.
-You're reading this.
-You were appalled or laughed while reading this.
-You felt sorry for America after the hoax of Sept 11.

And the final reason your kung fu sucks is...
-You ain't me and my style is better. In fact it's the greatest style in the world