PDA

View Full Version : It seems a shame to.........please read.

Colin
03-23-2002, 07:50 PM
What a pity that the thread about Fareastfightingarts has been stopped.

I understand that some of the language was a bit strong, but this is only an expression of emotion.
Plus the really bad words are censored anyway!

We do not have the phenominum of McKwoons in the UK, well there are some crappy schools but no real money spinners.
So it is very interesting to read on the forum about how authentic schools react to these groups.
Also it is interesting to hear these people defend themselves.
Plus I think that everbody gains a little more knowledge from these situations.

So come on Mods, lets have the freedom of speech on the internet that we all believe in.

regards
Colin....................

David Jamieson
03-23-2002, 08:22 PM
One thread on the topic is enough. when it starts branching out into bashing threads, it's not good.

Draw comparison, but there is not a need to start flaming each other in the forum over it.

Any further clarification is in the forum rules.

peace

KungFuGuy!
03-23-2002, 11:45 PM
Hiya kung lek, I have a quick question that doesn't warrant it's own thread. Why did you lock my temple kung fu thread? Other than the fact that I basicaly outright requested it to be locked (which pretty much answers my question), there was no terms of service violations. I just wanted to finish my conversation with mr. sleazy and respond to Mr. Anthony's message. Could you unlock it briefly, please? Also, it could help others to avoid temple kung fu. I wish I saw a thread like that back in july when I used to lurk here, it would have saved me more than half the aggrivation I've had in my whole life :D

David Jamieson
03-24-2002, 07:06 AM
hey kfg

I closed the thread because you aksed to have it closed.

Send them a private message through their profiles.
peace

dezhen2001
03-24-2002, 07:14 AM
Hey Kung Lek,

just wanted to say that i think you're doing a good job of (trying) to keep control of things here! Forums seem to take on a life of their own, so it must be tough for you guys! :)

I can understand why you closed all those other threads and kept only one open. But i do think that it could be useful for others (maybe that are lurking) who could be in a similar situation as KungFuGuy was.

As Colin rightly said, we don't have the 'McKwoon' thing over here in the UK and like i said (on the thread you left open i think) i'd never even thought of martial arts being turned in to a money-making business before! To me anyways, it's proving very informative in helping fiund out about the way these schools operate. So i'm sure it helps others as well.

Doesn't bode well for me finding a good school if/when i move to the US :(

cheers,
david

Mr.Sleazy
03-24-2002, 09:31 AM
No it DOES bode well for you finding a good school because now you will know what to beware of. Wish I had checked here before I got suckered.

Its not just forums too that spread info if a school is a rip-off. There is lots of word of mouth (read rumours, innuendo, and a small number of facts) going around in the MA community here in Vancouver about TKF being a scam and semi-cult. Sd don't worry too much just be careful.

dezhen2001
03-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Thx for the post Mr.Sleazy (excellent nickname btw :D), but i will probably stay under my Sifu, even though he is in the UK. Got more than enough to practise on my own :)

david