PDA

View Full Version : Where's the pushup program?

chyisan
03-24-2002, 01:52 PM
Where's this 100 pushup program I hear about? I did a search for "100 pushup program", "100 pushup", pushups"...and NOTHING! Did they clean out the archives or something?

lowsweep
03-24-2002, 03:57 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/4992/100push.html
that's the one everybody's talking about. I tried it for 7 weeks, it works very well. Make sure you get your protein, carbs, and calories, it's pretty hard to make 100 in ten weeks.

Sho
03-24-2002, 04:19 PM
beans, beans, beans..

Sharky
03-24-2002, 08:28 PM
I am jus about to start to program *NOW*.

Please can anyone tell me how this effect my gym routine? Cos i am getting good results from visiting the gym at the moment and i just wanna know what this will change.

Cheers.

Sharky
03-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Answer me **** you.

Sharky
03-26-2002, 09:44 PM
Ok, you can all goto hell.

IronFist
03-27-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Sharky
I am jus about to start to program *NOW*.

Please can anyone tell me how this effect my gym routine? Cos i am getting good results from visiting the gym at the moment and i just wanna know what this will change.

Cheers.

Down, boy :P

Ok, by "gym routine" I assume you mean "weight lifting," right?

The pushup program will most likely leave you sore, at least some times (on the failure days maybe), therefore, if your chest is sore you can't (shouldn't) bench. Some people may experience overtraining from benching AND the pushup program. In fact, I would venture so far as to say don't mix weight lifting for chest and the pushup program unless your benching is very low reps and sets. In other words, DON'T go to the gym and do 6 sets of 12 reps on bench and then come home and do the pushup program. And if you do pushups and then bench on the same day, expect your poundages to suck.

I don't know your weightlifting habits. If you are a powerlifter and you take a 10 week hiatus to do the pushup program, you will probably be weaker when you get back. If you are a recreational lifter (lifting for size, strength, endurance, whatever) then you will probably see a little increase if anything. The pushup program will give you good pumps, and I've heard of someone gaining 1-1.5 inches on their chest from it. You will definately gain good chest endurance from it, however, and if you are diligent (and if you don't get sick or anything) you will probably be able to do at least 100 pushups when it's over.

Does that help?

IronFist

Sharky
03-27-2002, 10:09 AM
love you 4 life ;)

inic
04-03-2002, 05:02 PM
That program seems good, but i just wanted to share my program, which everyone whos tried it find it most effective.

warmup-- normal pu position- go down, count 1. then quickly put out 2, then 3. when u first start, try to get to 5. i'm at 10, which is plenty, its 65 altogether. but i add 1 slow pu between counts. so its like 1 fast, 1 slow, 2 fast, 1 slow, 3 fast, 1 slow...
thats the warmup

all the amounts are the same, i suggest starting at 15 or 20 each position, rest 45-100 sec between sets.
pu1- normal pu position
pu2- dimond position
pu3-widearm
pu4- hard to explain, lie on back, point toes, and position hands directly below shoulders. like a backupward pu almost. this will get ur triceps JACKED! keep ur body straight
pu5- get 3 chairs, feet on 1 chair, hands on other 2. do pushups so ur chest goes below the chairs. just do as many as u can.
pu6- on all fingers, this will take some practice
pu7-on fists
pu8- get a chair with arms, with feet on table and hands on the arms, do dips. keep ur body straight and only move arms.
pu9- advance- go down, come up, then quickly go down and push up very hard to throw urself to one side. like 45 degree angles.
or
go down, then push urself onto a higher surface. then pushup and back down.

every week or 10 days, add 4 or 5 EACH TYPE! so when u start, ur doing around 110-150. by the end ur doing 500+. do this every 2-3 days. just breathe, keep ur stomach in and dont stop pushing. if it helps, i was in the army, so i know all about pushups heh