PDA

View Full Version : Training with untrained ppl??

sticky fingers
03-24-2002, 08:14 PM
I have a shortage of WC training partners where I live i.e none at all!. Are there any ways I can use my untrained friends to help me train ?
I'm not talking about sparring- I sometimes spar with a karateka or just getting them to hold a pad while you strike.
I'm talking about sensitivity training etc as chi sau is out of the question with non WC ppl. Any ideas?

yimwingchun
03-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Invest in a good jong. I have one that is cheap and fits on my wavemaster punching bag. (AttachMate) Anyway if that isn't going to do you I sometimes use my friends who don't know anything about WC to throw slow (at first) punches and attacks to get a feel for dealing with their energy and power (since they will be using a lot of muscular power usually) When you are comfortable dealing with some of their attacks have them switch them up and mix them together. Let me reiterate that what I'm talking about is not sparring you are purposely not hitting your friend full strength. This should teach you at least how to reach the target areas of an opponent. And if you get hit just remember it won't be the last time.