PDA

View Full Version : what would you do with one week in hongkong!

fiercest tiger
03-01-2001, 10:45 PM
hi people! im off to honkers for a week in april to see our yau kung mun grandmaster. in that time what would you do?
shop
train
yum cha
clubing
catch up with friend
visit other schools

i will be going to old book stores, trying to get old info etc

any info would help! oh ive been there 4 times and stayed for months at a time. so sight seeing is out. :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Kung Lek
03-01-2001, 10:51 PM
Shop! go for Dim Sum! and of course visit some Kung fu schools. I would probably also visit some museums or art galleries.

all that and sweat profusely in the humid heat of HK.

peace

Kung Lek

tonfas
03-01-2001, 11:06 PM
FT

I have not been to HK, i do not much about it.

but try to visit other school. eat, shopping ect

enjoy your time

but not much you can do in 1 week

tonfas@hotmail.com

MoQ
03-02-2001, 12:27 AM
YES SHOP, DIMSUM, AND GET US GIFTS...

fiercest tiger
03-02-2001, 04:49 AM
ill be definitley shopping for anything kung fu, jade, bak zhi gai faan mmmmm!! chicken and rice

im on the look-out for a new lion head too... does anyone know approx. prices?

moq- ill see what i can do! ;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

meltdawn
03-02-2001, 06:38 AM
One week in HK...

That would be November of this year for me. :) :)

In order of appearance:

1. Kung fu uncle
2. DSAA
3. Food
4. ohmygodallthosechinesemeninoneplaceididnotjust
saythatoutloud.
5. Dancing
6. Fitting for custom power suit
7. Gift shopping for weapons, silk and fake Tommy for all my KFO buddies (what, there's 3 of you?)
8. Back to kung fu uncle

Day 2...

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi

meltdawn
03-02-2001, 06:40 AM
Funny, I forgot to mention that at the same time I'll be visiting a relative in NZ and having a stopover in OZ...

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi

Kevin Barkman
03-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Hi FT,

If you are looking for some old / rare books on Kung fu, it would be a good idea to check out Cheong Shim Tang's bookshop in Central. He has an amazing selection of journals, books, videos, etc. He also sells antiques. He is a top notch Bak Mei / Lung Ying player from Chow Fook's school, and a real gentleman.

He can also help you to find other rare books if you know what you're looking for.

I've got his address here somewhere in all my clutter....

Cheers - kevin

Water Dragon
03-02-2001, 10:48 PM
One week in Hong Kong?
Hell, I'd probabaly end up an Opium Fiend with every venerial disease known to man and a few new ones to boot. I'd have fun though! :p

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

AsianSifu
03-03-2001, 01:03 AM
1.Fine Cocaine
2. $500 *****s

I don't have a signature because I have no pen to write it.

03-03-2001, 07:23 AM
Go to the wonderful HK park and join your gay brothers.And when you come to our SUNNY AUSSIE ,let us know as we still are waiting for that challange you made,GOT IT !!!!!!

kelvein chan

fiercest tiger
03-03-2001, 08:08 AM
hey! im going in april so bring it now. f@cking chump!

by the way you challenged me and about every other style in sydney so im not the last person you'll be coping a bashing from. :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Lau
03-04-2001, 06:51 PM
FT

Check out Mad Dogs in lan kwai fong on friday and saturday. Cheap beer special offer, at least for HK standards :-)

Regards, Lau

hasayfu
03-06-2001, 02:13 AM
Golden Compter Center right outside the Sham Shiu Po MTR exit, Kowloon. Signs everywhere. Can't miss it. Bring cash :-) VCDs, DVDs and Computer software.

CS Tang's shop is good as mentioned before. For general books, go to "popular" book store. They have lot's of english books. There's one in Tsim Sha Tsui and next to it is a tailor where Al Gore, Prince Charles, and a bunch of other celebrities but I have never bought anything there so can't say how much or how good.

For a cheap lion, go to Yue Wah, just outside of Jordan MTR, Kowloon. It's a big China store. ~$200 US for some nice looking lions. Construction is only so-so but the same as the China stuff you get in the states.

Do you speak Cantonese? There are places to get better lions but at much higher costs. Small shops that don't speak english.

For food, be adventurous. The best Cantonese food in the world can be found in HK but not every place is good. :-(

Have fun.

CLOUD ONE
03-06-2001, 02:30 AM
F.t if your anywhere near a herbalist go and ask him if he has a remedy for ''LIMP-GING''But be sure he doesn't give you cat c*ck instead of tiger c*ck.
Cos baby you need that zing.

Leimeng
03-06-2001, 02:58 AM
hmmm
Girls
Dim Sum
Girls
Kung Fu
Girls
Girls
Girls

Peace

yi beng, kan xue

fiercest tiger
03-06-2001, 06:08 AM
i will visit the herbalist after i have done your mother! :D sorry man! i had to go there, but you keep this **** up dont you.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Turiyan
05-06-2001, 07:08 AM
The age of consent in HK is 16...

I do my research.

Turiyan, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan

The REAL taichi:
http://www.wfdesign.com/tc/
http://www.wustyle.com/108.html