PDA

View Full Version : To Hau Tien...

straight blast
03-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Hau Tien, I read your thread that seemed to generate so much controversy and I was going to reply there, but I only got 2/3 of the way through page 2 before thinking that it'd just be easier to post a new thread 'cos I doubt that you're even still reading the other one....back to topic.

I recently moved my entire life to take up studying Kung Fu full time. Fortunately the course I'm taking is covered by Govt. student support. It sounds pretty good, huh? And I must admit it is. However once I got here I lost my job (the owner sold the business and the staff were booted) and my wife's entire floor on her office block lost about 15 hours a week. So I've now had to defer for at least 3 months (probably more like 6) and work to stock up enough cash to get fully into it.

The moral of this story? If you can get funding, go for it. But be sure that you have something to fall back upon! I wish you all the best in following your dreams but I urge you also to caution. I'm in Australia (I didn't check where you were from) so I don't know if you have the same options, but I'm sure if you persist you'll succeed.

Kung Fu = Hard Work in more ways than one!

Hau Tien
03-25-2002, 09:30 PM
A wonderful reply.

I have indeed thought of that very thing. This is why I went back to college. To obtain a Computer Systems Technology diploma and provide something I can do in the event I get hurt. Who knows? Could be hit by a bus tomorrow.

Thanks again:)

Hau Tien

GreyMystik
03-26-2002, 12:30 PM
good luck Hau Tien

if others scoff at your dreams, they aren't assisting.... lose them and do what you feel is best :)

Sho
03-26-2002, 01:43 PM
It's always good to have a backup plan.