PDA

View Full Version : all styles curriculum post.

Tiger on Duty
03-26-2002, 12:44 AM
hiya all this is a post for everyones individual styles so we can compare differences between similiar styles and just get abetter idea about styles we dont know much about. it works like this name of style , lineage is optional, list of forms and weather they are progressional or can be done in any order, and the styles most famous weapons.

Pak mei
Cheung lai cheun(greatgrandmaster)-chen gwoh wah(grandmaster)-Lee ngai shing(my sifu)-ME lowly student

1st form.greatwar.created by lee ngai shing, basic stepping and turning and basic self defence.

2nd form.straight forward steps,original form of pak mei, chi gung and sinking and floating forces learnt.

3rd form.created by chen gwoh wah. intermediate fighting form introduces 360 degree movement.

4th form dragon form. created by cheung lai cheun from dragon style intermediate fighting form.

5th form. ninesteps push. original intermediate/advanced form emphasing surprise attacks and taking all opportunities to attack.

6th form.eigtheen touches. original advanced uses all palm strikes and lots of anti chin na counters.

7th form.tiger comes out of bush. created by cheung lai cheun,advanced close range fighting techniques.

Famous weapons- the long pole, stool,double swords and the tiger fork.

As some people can see we have no sub jee nor any ground fighting our pak mei is strictly standing striking, no kiking above the bladder and no real chin na, except for those inherrent in the forms, which is quik and usually not used for restraint but ripping and tearing and breaking.

CLOUD ONE
03-26-2002, 05:47 PM
--There is no technique that speed cannot defeat......

Where is your 6th form then?(Men Foo toot Lim)

Tiger on Duty
03-26-2002, 08:24 PM
um the 6th form is clearly labled??? eigtheen touches.

No_Know
03-26-2002, 11:03 PM
CLOUD ONE

" Ponder!
--There is no technique that speed cannot defeat...... "

And getting close enough to the sun one gets vaporized. It is at least unlikely to get that close. It doesn't necessarilly effectively matter. Yet an interesting (curious) thought.

Buby
03-27-2002, 05:58 AM
Bro,
Would you say speed or timing?

Buby

CLOUD ONE
03-27-2002, 07:22 AM
Neither!!!

What was the question?

Take no-knows advice;"It doesn't necessarilly effectively matter"

If there is no technique what is there to defeat?

Buby
03-27-2002, 08:17 AM
"If there is no technique what is there to defeat?" - The mind.

The other question was just messing with you.:D(not much to do here at work) I should be up on msn soon. I look forward to chatting again.:) Take care bro!

Buby

feldor
03-27-2002, 09:05 AM
How's it going bro! Let me know when you get MSN up a work. Look for me...... it's about the only time I have to chat lately...:(

Sui-Fuw

Where aaarrrreeee uuuuuuuu? This would appear to be one of your areas of expertise:D

L8r

Buby
03-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Whats up my brother? How's life and training going?

Yeah man, I'm hoping to be back on by this weekend. Once I'm up and running again I'll holla at ya for sure.

I'm thinking of heading your way in about a month or so. I'm hoping to hook up with you to do some training. I'll be visiting family, so I'm counting on you bro to get me out the house.:D HELP ME PLEASE...HELP ME!!!!:D

Take care bro,
Buby

feldor
03-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Let me know when. Lots of busy stuff with work and home between now and August. I also have some work trips coming up.......:( Not nearly enough training time........too busy.....

I'd like to hook up if possible.

Cheers!
Charles:cool:

Buby
03-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Yea, I'm pretty amazin ain't I?:D Just don't tell sifu, cause he's the jealous type.:D D@mn it sifu...Who loves you babe?:D And don't say Feldor.:eek: :D

How far are you from Tampa? I'll try for after August.

Take care bro,
Buby

feldor
03-27-2002, 08:08 PM
What would you like to know, Reality or wishful dreams? And which ones? :)

Confusing enough?.......:D

You can PM me if you like. :) I'm boring though.......:(

Tiger on Duty
03-28-2002, 01:13 AM
Well i thought it was wishful thinkin to post that idea of mine about each others curriculums, guess i was right.
Isnt there anyone out there who isnt paranoid about there secret style that they wanna post what they learn in class, granted clf has over 100 forms but still the first 10 or so could give others an idea about what to expect if learning the style, what about wing chun and southern preying mantis there must be someone who can post what they have to learn in thier respective curriculums/styles.

I must say u gotta be pretty bored or just like to stir if u start pickin at peoples quotes.

Colin
03-28-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey feldor,
I just checked your profile, and saw that you are three weeks older then me!
You old git!!!!:D :D :D

feldor
03-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Ehhhh?........What's that sonny?........speak up, I can't he ya!

Where's my walking stick?.....:D :D

Us old guys age well like fine wine!....:cool:

diego
03-28-2002, 01:23 PM
TOD> i wish i could help you with what i study, but i'm only beginner status within the fightclub"applying my kungfu in realfight- i can kickbox, but i couldnt pull off the chinna aspects in a RealComp, wich the sad thing is from most i have seen, most socalled advanced kffighters cant pull it off either:) "
I actually hoped people who actually know thier stuff!, would build on this topic with you?.

TenTigers
03-29-2002, 10:44 PM
okay here goes; my Siu Lum Hung Kuen(Hung-Ga) Curriculum
1) basic ten step step and turning set
2) 16 step dragon movement
3) ma bo-and footwork for basic lion dance
4) Moi Fa Sup Fu Kuen (although this was originally designed as a bridge between gung-ji fook fu and fu hok seung ying kuen, we teach it as a beginner set due to it's short sequence, and solid foundation.) consists of All tiger techs, attacking, trapping, counter trapping,emergancy bridging techniques, converging energy, whole body power, foa/chum
5) sam jien kuen-basic iron body development, hei-gung,trapping, vital point striking,segmented power issuing,kiu-sao/chi-sao
6) Lau Ga Kuen-hei-gung(washing the spine, sacral/cranial pump, pumping the lymphatic system)short strikes, silk reeling, joint locking,many sweeps, takedowns-tun/toi
7) eyebrow height double ended staff-footwork, connection, joiint locking, power development
8) Gung Ji Fook-Fu Kuen-lin gung,hei-gung,symetry,hoi/hop, fundamentals, bridges, splitting, and drilling energy, etc
9)hung yuet or fu mei dahn dao) Ng Ying Kuen-village Hung Kuen
10) 5 animal set-introduces techniques,tactics, mind-set, and spirit of the 5 animals
11) Fu Hok Seung Ying Kuen-further exploration of various energies, gings, short-hand techniques,refinement of technique
12) Ng Long Bot Gwa Gwun-power development, long and short range tactics, multiple opponents,joint locking
13)Ng Ying Kuen-more in depth than previous 5 animal set, heavy emphasis on dragon
14)ji mo seun dao-symetry, active footwork, bridging,continuous attacks,empty hand application from hell
15) Tiet Sien Kuen-internal set-hei gung, lin gung,12 bridges,fun gun, bei-hei,dim yuet,jaw guat
along with the sets, there are drills, self-defense applications,and fighting techniques,throws, etc extracted from each of the corresponding sets which are required for each rank level.

this is beginner to intermedate-equivilent of first degree black-in a nutshell-there is alot more, but I was being very brief in my descriptions
second, third, fourth, and fifth will require a book
some people might think I'm giving away all my 'secrets', and people will try to steal my curriculum. Fine. Let them.My curriculum isn't all that special or original, I owe alot to Sifu Yee and others from whom I've studied. Simply reading a list of forms doesn't make a system, it doesn't even scratch the surface. besides, sharing is good. We all grow and learn from each other.

illusionfist
03-29-2002, 11:46 PM
TenTigers- I was wondering if you could describe some things for me because i'm trying to understand where you are coming from with the Lau Gar Kuen set.

I've always been under the impression that this was mainly a fighting set, with very little developmental hei gung, outside of differentiating between gung and yau chi. The rest is mainly ging based concepts, etc.

So could you talk about the spine washing, silk reeling, etc? Like which faht contain these things? Cuz i'm just not seeing it, especially when the form can be done in less than a minute.

TenTigers
03-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Hung-Ga sets bring up ideas, concepts, topics for discussion, so to speak. So, if it takes minutes, it doesn't mean you can't extract a section and perform it for hours. In the set I learned, there is a section (which a former Sifu took out-I guess he knew better;-) which has the fists comming up the center, then opening up to the sides- this is washing the spine/cranial-sacral pump. It is a very profound exercise which pumps the cerebral spinal fluid, and the lymphatic system. In the set it is done once with small body movement-simply mapping the set. It is done in greater detail by closing the body and rounding the back, then opening the arms,and arching the spine. The stance can be in yee ji kim yeung ma. It is accompanied by breathing, later packing and release is used. The silk reeling is all through the set, from the opening of the arms into the pow choy, to the winding, circular palm strike. Then again, the set I was taught might be different than yours. It has similarities to the set I've seen others do, such as Wing Lam, and other Lam Sai-Wing schools, but also has subtle differences.

illusionfist
03-30-2002, 12:17 AM
Well, i can see where you are coming from with that, but i'm not sure its totally a focus in the form, especially if you are staying true to Lau Gar faht. To play Lau Gar Kuen with hung gar ging is actually defeating the purpose.

If your version is pretty close to the ones you mentioned, then its the same one i do. So that is whats confusing me. The move you described is quite different really, on an internal level. Mainly moving from wu chi to tai chi, and focusing on the gung ging in the uppercut. The stuff you described sounds way to new agey to be honest, almost right out of a Mantak Chia book. Too much sacral pump and packing stuff, doesn't stay true to the Lau Gar faht IMO.

I can totally see what you mean by extracting something from the form and working on it solely to develop the skill. But even then, doing the same faht from Lau Gar in Yee Gee would defeat the purpose of the technique and would deviate from the faht ging.

Peace:D

TenTigers
03-30-2002, 12:51 AM
New agey? I hate that term new age, it's like these neo pagans, man we were doing this when it was called old age! LOL The person who taught me the washing of the spine,also taught me the eight peices of brocade, amoung other things. When I showed him Lau Ga, he laughed. He said "Lau -Ga hides everything" From the sweeps, to the throws, they make it look pretty to outsiders. In this way, you can demonstrate your form but hide your gung-fu!" I suppose so. Hey, not fer nuthin, but I did have the opportunity to study directly under Mantak Chia for a short time, before he moved. (also before everything just got expensive) I have heard mixed things about him, but nonetheless, he did share. I wasn't into alot of the things he did-I don't ever think I would want a colonic! ack! He did assimilate alot of info, though. The pumping stuff was pretty much the same, but the packing was also the same thing I learned when I learned sam jien kuen, sam bo gin,and Gung-Ji Fuk Fu Kuen. Not as much emphasis on visualization of the internal organs and pathways like Chia-which is ok by me, I like to undercomplicate things.
The silk reeling ,spiraling isn't exagerrated movement, or big, but it's there. again, at least in my set it is. Who knows? Like I said, everyone seems to play this set diffeently-even amoung people of the same lineage.

illusionfist
03-30-2002, 02:52 AM
I can understand what you are saying, but i'm still not seeing how its correct from a Lau Gar perspective. The main thing with the beginning section of Lau Gar is that it adheres to the principle of "fun ji yu muk dik", so its hard for me to see how the Du Xue comes into play.

As for the 8 brocades, well thats a different flavor and totally diffferent faht. That beginning movement focuses more on the San Jiao and clearing up a lot in the Ren Xue. It has very little to do with the Du Xue at that particular point in time.

As for Sam Jien (three battles?), isn't that a totally different system? If thats five ancestors, once again the ging is totally different. Sam Bo Gin is also another type of ging, uses the Fu Bui (tigers back) more.

So all in all, these are all different forms from different systems. I dont see how they could really bring clarity to Lau Gar and its faht ging, and especially how its used within the Hung system.

Ease on:D

diego
03-30-2002, 04:11 AM
I dont study HungGar But the Tiger Techs in my style from what i have seen, is very similar, i have Bucksam Kongs TigerCrane book, and DocFaiWongs Shaolin 5Animal Book, wich has tiger technique in forms of horsestance uppercuts, so it uses the shoulder strentgh of the tigerstyle, How many Historical Tiger Drills do you Know of in HungGa?

4) Moi Fa Sup Fu Kuen (although this was originally designed as a bridge between gung-ji fook fu and fu hok seung ying kuen, we teach it as a beginner set due to it's short sequence, and solid foundation.) consists of All tiger techs, attacking, trapping, counter trapping,emergancy bridging techniques, converging energy, whole body power, foa/chum

TenTigers
04-01-2002, 08:43 PM
sam bo jin,sam jien kuen, etc, I was referring to packing/percentage breathing, not faht, or ging-although breathing and release plays a key role in faht ging. As far as faht, were you saying, divide intercept,yue muk point? it's hard to translate phonetic chinese, and I don't have the set up for chinese ideograms

TenTigers
04-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi diego, I'm not sure I understand your question, could you rephrase it?

TenTigers
04-01-2002, 08:44 PM
HEY ! There's hundreds of views on this post, how come nobody posted their curriculums? Gai si !

diego
04-02-2002, 10:56 PM
what i was getting at, im under the assumption most likely from the original tiger style, wich hungga built off; i assume thier is a select number of key tiger techniques.
For instance if you drop back in a right catstance, evading a leftheadpunch, and you use a right tansao/palmup-hand"fiar lady looks in mirror'from shaolin?&taiji!"
then you flow with your right into a right tiger claw to the face.
Wing chun has this but they use a palm and thier stances, i assume styles like hg,clf,bm, etc... it seems most southern styles that share the 5elder legends in thier history, as the styles mentioned do, hold very similar relation within the structuring of thier set's, like the power is differant but since thier from shaolin? they hold the same combat principles just differant frames of physique!:) , also i would assume since thier of the same era"out with the ching, in with the ming-legend of kf", and of the south, this makes me very curious, as i would like to understand the Original idea's behind the Tiger Style, & it's mode of Fighting!.

So, I assume thier is a limited # of motion wong fei hung or his teacher or father? used in the creation of HungGar!, so my understanding is the tiger/crane set holds much of what needs to be known for tigerstyle in combat?, I'm Wondering, how many main combinations are thier in general within the history of southern shaolin tiger style?!, and especially how many in hunggar, as HG seems to be one of the more open and accessible styles, such as WingChun.

If it's to much to list all the tiger motions in your lineage, would you be kind, to describe the key tiger techniques to me, the techs in hungga in combat most effective for using tiger:)

shouldnt be to much typing, as i was going to ask, all that then how the saying tiger builds bonestrentgh, dragon innerspirit, snake suppleness etc, i was going to asl in shaolin 5animals and the family styles based upon these animals, i was going to ask, how does tiger builds bonestrentgh, how does that appear in combat whats the inner cogs for those techniques, then how does the crane teaches swift&evasion, how does that benefit and incorporate with the Tiger, and the rest of the flock?!...thats a book, right there...So i left it out, think ima ask that one at hungga.net
Peace:cool: