PDA

View Full Version : Puking blood potential??

scotty1
03-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Hi
I'm just coming to the end of 100 days of level 1 Zhan Zhuang (just standing, clearing out the channels ready for all that ENERGY!!) before I move on to Level 2, Standing posture.

The question is, can I do Lifting the Sky (from The Art of Shaolin by Wong Kiew Kit) along with standing posture Qigong? The reason I ask is that I've heard stories about guys who do qigong in horse stance followed by Qigong standing and end up puking blood and stuff.

Scott

scotty1
03-26-2002, 09:17 AM
What have you done for years?
Qigong or those specific exercises?
Huh?
Huh?

Thanks for the rapid response BTW.

Water Dragon
03-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know. You start just standig, then you do the tree hugging posture, after that, you're on your own dude. That wuill get you ****her than most though. He.ll, I didn't even finish the second level.

scotty1
03-27-2002, 01:25 AM
I might send an email to Wong Kiew Kit and ask the man himself, as he advocates both.

But if you've noticed no ill effects Guohen I'll will start in the meantime.

Wongsifu
04-15-2002, 02:41 PM
youre right to worry about this dude , the main problem is if you practise lifting the sky straight after zhang zhuan and you cant control the energy flow yet , the energy you have accumulated in the dantien which is a lot , will rise up suddenly and get bottlenecked at the solar plexus , if this happens you could internally hemmoragghe and spit out blood ( i know someone who it happened to )
My advice is do lifting the sky gently before azhang zhuan or at a different time , either 3 hours after zhang zhuan, before you sleep etc etc.

Until you can control the energy and let as much as you want to go up through the centre ..

btw wong kiew kits answers are good but you might wait 3 months to get a reply.....

dezhen2001
04-15-2002, 04:42 PM
so why can't you do Wong's qigong and then zhan zhuang afterwards to collect the qi at the dantien?

david

Nexus
04-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Standing in Wu Chi is the best way to collect chi in the dan tien.

guohuen
04-15-2002, 08:55 PM
I'll second that. With or without the hands over the dan it's a naturally unrestrictive posture.

scotty1
04-16-2002, 12:36 AM
What's Wu Chi?
Let me tell you exactly what I do at the minute:
Stand for 5 minutes, let myself, er, unkink
Do 10-15 repetitions of Lifting the Sky, to relax, get the chi flowing.
Do 5 minutes (barely!) of Zhan Zhuang, in quite a low wide stance.

I love this stuff.

David - that's exactly what I do.

Repulsive Monkey
04-16-2002, 06:18 AM
I too would heartily reccommend doing Wuxi stance as I find it as a generative qi-gong posture to be both universal and very beneficial. I do stand in postures and have been taught some lesser known lineage postures, for specific purposes but the Wuxi stance can never be knocked in my book.

scotty1
04-17-2002, 04:00 AM
What is the Wuxi stance?

dezhen2001
04-17-2002, 04:30 AM
isn't it in wong's book? It's just like a natural relaxed stance with your arms by ur side i think...? :)

david

scotty1
04-24-2002, 02:36 AM
I did over 100 days of nothing but Wuxi stance (1hr first time, 10-20 mins daily subsequently) before I started on the postured Zhan Zhuang.

In laymans (my) terms I believe this was supposed to 'iron out the kinks' and 'clear out my channels' ready for some ENERGY BUILDING!!

dezhen2001
04-24-2002, 07:15 AM
have really got no idea as i haven't practised it before :)
good luck mate,

david

Nexus
04-24-2002, 10:13 AM
If you want some huge gains from standing in the Wu Chi/Wuxi stance, stand in it until you fall asleep.

- Nexus