PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Outraged!!!!!!!!

red5angel
03-26-2002, 08:47 AM
First this Emin Boztepe tape gets here, now I find this out:

After cutting almost 2000 teaching jobs in the state of minnesota. After cutting bus service so that more kids have to walk to work. After many cities have to cut law enforcement jobs.
The state votes to help build a FREAKIN BASEBALL STADIUM!!!!!!! This thing has been voted down 4 times in the last 6 years!!!!! Now, while we are in a recession and cant pay to educate and protect we are going to buy a 3 million dollar stadium for a team that is holding this state hostage!!!!!!

AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If I could get my hands on Emin BOBO Boztepe or a Minnesota Twin right now I would squeeze the life from them!!!!!!!!

guohuen
03-26-2002, 08:53 AM
hehehe. When I lived in maryland we voted down a referendom to build a second chesapeake bay bridge. gov. marvin mandel built it anyway.

JWTAYLOR
03-26-2002, 08:56 AM
Welcome to democracy inaction.

JWT

KC Elbows
03-26-2002, 08:59 AM
We've been voting down light rail that would go through the downtown area. Downtown is a waste land, and most of the jobs are elsewhere, so their point escapes me.

However, I expect, one year when things are bad, someone will manage to push through light rail as the solution of everyone's problems, and a big chunk will get wasted.

Here's another good one: They've been trying to get a sort of Disneyland place called Oz going on out here, munchkins and everything. Unfortunately, the spot picked for it is a toxic wasteland. The deal keeps getting shut down, then comes back with all the same problems. Again, I expect that some moron, in an attempt to recapture the joyous and carefree attitude of the fifties, will push this dinosaur through, and we'll end up paying for it.

The second half of the movie Roger and Me has some fine examples of what local government can do to screw things up in a recession.

ewallace
03-26-2002, 09:12 AM
3 words - Campaign Finance Reform
*************** Or ***************
All Politicians Blow

red5angel
03-26-2002, 09:17 AM
It really ****es me off that they can do this, the world is falling apart around us, we cant educate our children correctly, but they sure as hell can build a brand spanking new stadium for some pathetic baseball team.

ewallace
03-26-2002, 09:27 AM
It all went downhill once Kirby Puckett retired.

dezhen2001
03-26-2002, 09:28 AM
wish i was from the US, then i could join in this thread :(

david

Ish
03-26-2002, 09:38 AM
me too

gazza99
03-26-2002, 09:39 AM
Well, here in Oklahoma we are fortunate to have such intelligent legislators!
Our governor did away with the need to get your car inspected!!!!! That huge $5 per year was breaking people! But now the releif has finnally arrived. Never mind the hundreds of people now driving around without brake lights, turn signals, reverse lights..etc...
Id like to kick that guy square in the nuts.....****ing moron...

Cody
03-26-2002, 09:45 AM
What first came to mind was: "Build it and they will come." Or, someone needs a new toy.

The second was "bread and circuses."

I agree that it's just plain not right.

Cody

txwingchun
03-26-2002, 09:58 AM
Just when you think politicians couldn't get an dumber.

Nthman
03-26-2002, 10:06 AM
As a Saint Paul resident I am equally enraged by this...NO ONE wants it!! I think that was pretty clear by the fact that when all the crap about the Twins leaving was big no one really cared..I mean..I would be .00001% sad if they left. It is so enfuriating because it was so clear that no one wanted it and then all of a sudden they are like, "Hey guys we are building a stadium..screw you" all I have to say is, who the f-uck cares about baseball when we have so many more important issues to deal with..never mind the fact that..uhm an "open air stadium?" that will be usefull for approximately 2 weeks out of the year in this state!

****!

ewallace
03-26-2002, 10:10 AM
start an online petition that email's your state's representative each time someone signs. That was very effective for the company I worked for at the time Southwestern bell wanted to charge long distance fees to all internet users here. Never happened. State's reps got about 30,000 emails from very p/o voters.

JWTAYLOR
03-26-2002, 10:50 AM
"Just when you think politicians can't get any dumber..."

you reelect them.

JWT

red5angel
03-26-2002, 11:06 AM
nthman- your right, I didnt run into anyone here in minneapolis who wanted it. Odd how when the poeple want or dont want something, the government does whatever it wants anyway........

Erisson
03-26-2002, 11:15 AM
JWT:
Just when you think the politicians can't get any dumber, you remember who the voters are.

Erisson

JWTAYLOR
03-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Exactly.

JWT

red5angel
03-26-2002, 11:23 AM
I agree Erisson, but in this case and I am sure many others, even those poeple that voted dont really want it!

Erisson
03-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Red5:

I'm sure that's true. But people still vote for the same old politicians believing that, for whatever reason, this time they'll actually keep their campaign promises.

Or maybe I'm just cynical, coming from one of the political corruption capitols of the US. We just elected a totally non-political person as mayor. I'm sure he's in somebody's pocket, but it's worth a shot. At least he's got a successful business background, so knows what it takes. We'll see if he uses that knowledge.

Erisson

txwingchun
03-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JWTAYLOR
"Just when you think politicians can't get any dumber..."

you reelect them.

JWT

LOL

red5angel
03-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Erisson, I agree! And I know what you are talking about I used to live in New Orleans.

Sam Wiley
03-26-2002, 03:57 PM
An open air stadium in Minnesota does seem pretty stupid.

Oh well. We're busy prosecuting half of our government in Georgia for criminal acts. Embezzlers on the left, murderers on the right...

And that's not to mention the people who aren't in government who do stupid things, things that just make no sense. Like the owners of the Tristate Crematory who, though possessing functional perfect equipment, haven't cremated any bodies in about 20 years. They just buried them wherever they found a spot. Hell, some of them they just stuffed into out of the way places or dumped in a lake. It is beginning to look like the entire family behind this family-owned business took part in it.