PDA

View Full Version : Yang Jwing Ming

baldmantiz
07-01-2001, 09:37 PM
does anybody know where i can get a copy of jwing-ming yang's "muscle/tendon changing and marrow/brain washing chi kung: the secret of youth" i almost had a used one from amazon but it sold before i could get it.

To know others is to have knowledge. To know oneself is to be enlightened.

lukrion
07-01-2001, 10:14 PM
You should be able to get it from YMAA direct.

www.YMAA.Com (http://www.YMAA.Com)

I think it is renamed though, as are many of the titles that were in print for awhile.

Sil Lum Palm
07-02-2001, 04:58 AM
I have also been looking for that one for my collection, however I couldn't find it in my database at work( I work in a bookstore)to order. I have some of his other titles and I really like the way Dr. Jwing-Ming writes. If you find it let me know where!

Eight Diagram Boxer
07-02-2001, 03:12 PM
you should be able to find most used books through http://www.abebooks.com , it's great for old books cheap.

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

baldmantiz
07-02-2001, 07:07 PM
http://www.ymaa.com/BookPages/ISBN841.html
that site has the second edition printing of the book...thanks for the help guys

To know others is to have knowledge. To know oneself is to be enlightened.

tomcat
03-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone ,
Yang Jwing Ming is giving a Qigong seminar in my area soon!
I was wondering if anyone had attended,one of these.
His books are exellant, but I wondered what he covers in his seminars, I am particularly interested in the healing using pressure points on the meridians, not just the basic c4 for a head ache, but the deeper knowledge and theory!
thanks for any info.

Nexus
03-26-2002, 07:58 PM
Knowing the taoists, it will probably be a spontaneous seminar. :-)

guohuen
03-27-2002, 08:08 AM
Sorry I can't answer your question tomcat, I like his books too.
I have to tell Nexus that he has good gung jing. He made me laugh so hard I cleared a blockage in the heart meridian I didn't know I had! Thanks!:D

dwid
03-27-2002, 08:15 AM
If it's a first level qigong seminar, he'll probably cover a lot of theory. The seminar probably won't cover all of the materials in the book or video about the same subject. For example, I did his Taiji Qigong seminar, and in 2 and a half days, it's just not possible to cover all the movements. What he does is give you the missing pieces in the puzzle, and enough of the movements to get the rest from the accompanying material. At least that's what he did in my opinion. I don't actually do the type of qigong he taught at the seminar, but I still found the experience really valuable, as it helped me put a lot of stuff together in my understanding of qigong, and got me thinking about some things I hadn't thought of before. Anyway, I think he's a solid guy and has a lot of useful information to offer.

Repulsive Monkey
03-27-2002, 10:32 AM
I don't particularly rate his books that much. I found certain aspects in his advanced Taiji martial applications book to be simply wrong. His explanation of Zhe De Jing was totally inncorrect, or should I say either limited in its understanding/application or not learnt well. I know this sounds completely derisory, and I'm sure he excels in other arts but I do not feel that Taiji is one of his best arts to be honest. I feel his books prove this.

tomcat
03-27-2002, 06:41 PM
Hi Dwid,
Thanks for the info! this seminar is medical applications-health,healing and longevity. I understand he's doing 8-brocade,
and some White Crane Qigong. I have a pretty good basic knowledge so I hope he goes into some depth!
Believe it or not it's a Soo bak do school thats bringing him out here! I guess they had him come last year ,and they really enjoyed it!
well take care

Hi Repulsive Monkey,
My arts are mainly Shaolin and Hung-Gar we also practice some Yang style Tai-Chi. I wasn't real impressed with alot of the martial breakdowns in his Tai-chi book,but I did like the one on Fa-jing,and much of his White Crane theory coincides with teachings I recieved. Also I liked his book Comprehensive Shaolin Chin-na!
Take care

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-02-2002, 01:44 PM
I have recently attended a Yang Jwing Ming seminar(Jan 2002) on Qigong and we also practiced Chin Na. If you attend his seminar do yourself a favor and don't volunteer to be his dummy for Chin Na. He doesn't hold back too well. In all honesty, I felt I was back at college observing his teaching methods. He was good and he explains everything, just like his books, in detail. I want to go to Boston and learn Qigong from him. I believe in him;I believe he is a good instructor.

Damian

The Willow Sword
04-11-2002, 12:22 PM
i would love the opportunity to be a testing dummy for Dr. Yang,
hey you are never going to know unless you try it out or have it tried out on you. its well worth the pain of learning. i dont think that he would disable you too much.
Many Respects ,,The Willow Sword

joedoe
04-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Being the test dummy is the best way to learn the technique correctly - you get to feel the way it should be done. Much better than just watching ;).