PDA

View Full Version : PaSaRyu

Budokan
03-27-2002, 07:49 AM
I was in Memphis for a convention last weekend and as I am usually wont to do I looked in the Yellow Pages for the MA listings. One place was advertised as teaching "PaSaRyu", a style that combined kung fu, karate and I forget what other art. It was taught by some guy who claimed to instruct Elvis.:rolleyes: Unfortunately, I forget the instructor's name.

I thought it sounded totally bogus to begin with. Anybody else hear of PaSaRyu? I'm not completely ignorant of different styles of MA, but I NEVER heard of this variation.

BDKF
03-27-2002, 08:52 AM
I had a friend in my Hapkido class that studied PaSaRyu. He showed me some of the techniques, and it seemed more like a weak version of Taekwondo. I don't know if that was representative of the whole style, but it was my opinion.

Black Jack
03-27-2002, 10:13 AM
I met one of those guys once, he told me that they practice doing Qi Qong on the crapper, have a form patterned off of the movements of the bloodhound, and practice in blue suede shoes.

Its a hard ass fighting system, a lot of lip curling, hip shaking and pain killers.

old jong
03-27-2002, 10:50 AM
I heard that in that system, they have to call the instructor...Mama!... Sometimes it's Cilla or something?...:confused:

Budokan
03-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Oh, yeah, now that you mention it TKD was the third art this amalgamation used. Very strange style.