PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Liu He Ba Fa practitioners

Hau Tien
03-27-2002, 11:15 AM
I'm looking for other Liu He Ba Fa (AKA Luk hup Ba Fa or Water Boxing) practitioners out there.

I've seen lists of different forms in the style. In our class, we simply call it "Part One" (Which is 112 moves) and "Part 2" (Which is another 88... for a total of 200 moves in the form). We also then have the gim (straight sword) form. My Sifu has made mention of a broadsword form.

Just curious if anyone can shed some light on this...

Hau Tien

raving_limerick
03-29-2002, 02:57 PM
I don't personally know any, but I do know that your lineage holder, Wah Lun Choi has a web page. If the answer's not there, I'm sure you could probably email him or a senior student, I suppose. Check out: Wah Lun Choi's homepage (http://www.liuhopafa.com/)

Hope this helps, and good luck on your search.

dezhen2001
03-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi Hau Tien, just wanted to say good luck with your search for other practitioners :)

the website link above seems very interesting. i had a quick look.

I have heard of your style, but never actually seen it before...

david

raving_limerick
03-30-2002, 02:01 PM
On a kinda related note, my sifu apparently trained with Choi when he was young and had nothing but the best to say about him-- said he was very knowledgable and approachable. I'd suggest sending GM Choi an email with your questions. There's really no-one more knowledgable about the style than him, so it's worth a shot.

swmngdragn
03-30-2002, 02:59 PM
As a matter of fact.... :)..... There are a few of the "newer" generation of Choi sifu's students on this board. I've offered my own impressions on a few occasions regarding the other "styles" of liu ho pa fa. Being of the last generation of students I'm more than willing to share what my experience(s) have been, and what I know of LHPF through Master Choi. In this instance, however, I find it more "prudent" to give my opinions off list.

Daniel Madar
03-31-2002, 05:44 PM
Albert Liu of San Francisco teaches Liu He Ba Fa. I dont know much about it, only that he learned it in Nanking.

-D