PDA

View Full Version : Question about no contact pushing

Ray Pina
03-27-2002, 01:59 PM
I just remembered something that struck me as odd about two years ago.

I had this really hot, tall thin blond surfer friend chick who was studying Chinese medicine. She wa sstudying under some old man named master Lui from California.

Anyway, she wa salways doing Chi Gung and I took her to my Hung Gar teacher at the time but she was too busy and not into it.

One night at my house she stood in font of me hands raised at chest level and told me to relax. I stood there, closed my eyes and completely relaxed.

After a few minutes of nothing, I was pushed back by a force. I really was. It was kind of strange. Felt almost like a gentle kiss, very soft and non threatening. Like a pillow expanding to knock me back half a step.

I was amazed by it. I also though maybe it was in my head, maybe there was pyschology involved, but she was not that way -- a very simple girl.

I just thought of this experience.

I'd like to note I am 100% against claims of guys being thrown around without contact. We were very close. But then again I didn't feel her hands on me.

red_fists
03-27-2002, 02:45 PM
E-Fist.

There can be multiple explanations for that.

1.) It is impossible for a human being to remain standing still without moving for a few minutes and thus any body movement can be attributed to this.
The Body will start swaying naturally.

2.) I have done the same thing a few times, do friends and others.
And, yep, you can push People over or make them feel a punch without touching them. Done that about 15yrs ago before I started on internal MA.
:D

Not sure what it is to be honest, I have been able to do that or similar things ever since I can remember.

bamboo_ leaf
03-27-2002, 02:46 PM
So what is the question?

It’s very common depends on your level and your practice :)
there is a use for it but not many can get it IMHO

Ray Pina
03-28-2002, 07:37 AM
No question really. Just wanted to throw that out there and see where it lands.

My teacher hasn't brought this up yet, and is even skeptical of so called "Dim Mak" for reasons I myself have always wondered about, how can one hit another so skilled so easily exactly where and when they want.

But I do not mock anything I myself do not know, so I am open. And perhaps these things have not been brought up because I'm just a newbie in this world and its none of my business yet.

Either way, my technique has been super charged the past 14 months. I have learned a lot, my thinking has evolved, and I see that there is still so much more to learn. Si I'm enjoying each step of the progress.

I will say what I felt was not a sway. I was holding horse stances for 40 mintues at 12, I can stay put. This was a gentle knocking over. Wierd.

shaolinboxer
03-28-2002, 08:41 AM
Interesting.

bamboo_ leaf
03-28-2002, 09:06 AM
Yes it is interesting stuff!

A way of looking at this might be that she was able to move your mind and your body followed. By mind (YI) I mean the mental image that we all have (a post awhile back on phantom limbs) some might perceive this as a field that extends out from the body. Or even call it something different.

Move this and the body will follow. If you relax and another person is has a strong field then you can feel this or if you have a strong sense of your own (intent) YI then you can use this as your friend did.

So she did not push you out she moved your field and you followed it. This means that you must have a good field (strong intent) and she is very sensitive to feel this.

Depending on the person’s strength in this area it either takes a lot of your own intent or very little. Feels funny when people feel this. many people lose their balance of feel like their falling when this is done.

We talk of kong jin and all the other stuff as if one is using there own energy to move some one. I tend to look at it that ythey are moving a persons mind and they are following it. Much like opening a door or re-moving a chair and the person falls.

I think this is the same only in a very direct way.
You can also cause the one trying to do this to move, back too.

the better push hands people that i have met work on this level.

Ray Pina
03-28-2002, 09:29 AM
That makes some sense. I was 100% open to anything, wasn't fighting or resisting. So my intent would have formed with hers -- did I mention this girl was probbaly the nicest looking female I ever knew personally? Hhhhmmmm.

Well, thanks. That makes sense to me.

dwid
03-28-2002, 10:51 AM
glad to help wujidude

TaiChiBob
03-28-2002, 11:22 AM
Greetings..

At the risk of discrediting myself i will offer "my" understanding of such matters... i feel that we exist at two "levels".. one, the local, or physical level (yang).. the other, a non-local or spiritual level (yin).. at the Yin level (level is simply best analogy i can come up with at the moment).. at the Yin level the spirit is an aspect of the Whole, aware of and in tune with its Wholeness.. but, at the Yang level, the physical level, that awareness is filtered through the "mind" where spirit and body interface.. here, in the mind with its almost addictive grasp on the physical experience, it is very distracted, very difficult to focus on the Yin (spirit) nature of the Being.. Higher level Artists have trained their awarenesses such that they can connect at the spiritual (yin) level.. Now, it is my understanding that we ALL connect at the Yin level constantly, that the only difference is some are aware and most are not.. From the perspective of the higher Artistry it should be relative easy to manipulate the energies of the unaware (disregarding the moral issues).. at the Yin (spiritual) level energy is the tool that is used like the flesh is used on the yang level.. So, the "aware" Yang player manipulates energy at the Yin level and the unaware Yang player is baffled by the result...

Now, as for the tall blonde.. (you lucky devil).. her intent, her awareness was from a different perspective at the Yin level (not MA).. rather than pushing you, she indeed kissed you.. but, being unaware, you were just "floored", so to speak.. As training progresses at the Yin level a vast new Cosmos unfolds, where the "intentions" of the unaware are observed as they occurr, before they can act on those intentions, hence the response before the act is initiated.. and, at the Yin level, non-combative interpersonal (sensual, as in the tall blonde's case) relationships have limitless potential.. The old Hippie mantra "make love not war" has certain merit... but, whatever intentions are projected into the Yin aspect of ourselves, the result is felt on a cosmic level, it shapes the "reality" experienced by the Yang aspect...

or not... be well....

Ray Pina
03-28-2002, 11:44 AM
I get a little down on myself soemtimes. I had a huge eye opening experience one day about five years ago. It was after dealing with my mothers death and father's attempted suicide and the craziness of life. One of those seak and you shall find moments. I've always looked and still am.

Well, for one day, I felt completely part of everything, almost like a God where EVERYTHING offered an answer. Everything. The sky, the water, the radio, road side signs. I felt this pressence coming for a month or two, just feeling connected, and it peaked on this day and since then slowly disapaited.

I know its still there, and at times I get little clues letting me know I'm where I should be. But since moving out on my own also 5 years ago (that one day set off a chain reaction of me not being able to communicate affectively with my family because I knew what I had to do, or at least thought I knew what I had to do and they didn;'t understand) I felt I have neglected this side. While I was training S. Mantis all I did was fight and think about fighting. My personality became almost too agressive -- can't believe I said that one.

Anyway, I'm trying to reconnect now. I really thought about it a few days ago. That truly is the most important I believe, and luckily I also believe awareness of it will benefit my current training. So I'm just trying to quite my mind, not speak so much, and just observe. Be thankful. Try to realize that this is indeed a marvelkous existence and try not to pin it down, for each moment is unique.

But there's that otherside too, where just picking up the new IKF, I want to send out about 3 challenge letters questioning the phony balony. But I know I should just ude this time to add to my own skills and forget everyone else. When the time comes the time comes.

Thank you all for sharing your experince, I truly apreciate it.