PDA

View Full Version : Why does Bak Mei favours one side?

CannonFist
03-07-2001, 12:37 PM
Why is it that certain techniques in Bak Mei are done on one side only in the forms? For example the phoenix eye fist straight punch seems to be always executed with the right hand. :confused:

fiercest tiger
03-07-2001, 01:12 PM
because of the opponents heart side in closer to your right hand, for pressure point strikes. plus heart tilt!!

:D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

tnwingtsun
03-07-2001, 08:33 PM
Cannon,after you have learned the sets and feel like they are a part of you,reverse them and do them left handed,we start Dragon left handed,

sui-fuw
03-08-2001, 03:21 AM
hey limp ging bai-si filmstar sell him some vid on what you mean[what a sale]thats if he wants to learn the all power of limp ging?

Kevin Barkman
03-08-2001, 06:09 AM
Dragon starts with left foot forward (in bow)- Apparently, left foot first when you enter the kwoon to squash the nasty demons. Same to first "movement" in form, left foot first, left hand technique (tiew sao)in Lung Ying.

Bak Mei same symbolism.

Look at the foot - not the hand (usually double hand technique first).

tnwingtsun
03-08-2001, 01:47 PM
Thats interesting Kevin.As for Sui-few,give it a break,you're not doing anyone, including your self any good with your childish antics,you're starting to sound lame,I would be embaressed if I was you teacher.

BIU JI
03-08-2001, 03:25 PM
what is your problem!? Can't get a leg over these days , got some pent up frustration or some insatiable need to just be a complete arsehole.
Because you do a great job at it, give it a rest s**thead.

wisdom mind
03-08-2001, 05:17 PM
thanks ill do that with me sub jee

nice to have a training tip within all this recent bickering.....................

anyone here have iron body? how long did it take before you could really withstand blows?

peace

fukien
03-12-2001, 03:22 AM
Practice ALL your forms from BOTH SIDES!!!!

What are you waiting for? Divine intervention?

Or is this another "Hidden Technique" of the "masters"???