PDA

View Full Version : Now, Here is a Good...ONTOPIC!!!!'

diego
03-28-2002, 04:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/03/27/sharkattack.ap/index.html

I mean it would be easy to just boot in the head, a skinnystreet-pooch, How would you deal with a pitbull, or a doberman!...totally different fights.

Now obviously you can't spar this, but how easy is it to break it's neck?, How exactly would you blind a doberman when it's biting your other arm, or a ankle; and let's not even gothere on if it grabs your nuts:( :) ... O r a Bear, or a moose" personnaly unless your wolfmanjack buchboy...fahgetaboutit. But how would you sidestep a rams headbutt, and you think your strong enough to crack its ribs with a sidekick, or punch it in the throat;)

I'm looking for Thorough-Complete, Hypothesis, like...What would you do, & How so:cool:

old jong
03-28-2002, 08:09 PM
I have read quite a few stories about people getting out of fights with bears, cougars and other beasts like that by attacking the eyes.It seems that only grapplers can wistand this with no damage whatsoever!...:D ;)

diego
03-28-2002, 08:22 PM
:D

diego
03-28-2002, 08:26 PM
if a doberman jumped you in a alley
how is the best way to take the eyes out, and how best to open the dog's lockjaw, like if you blind him, he may still hold on, especially if it's a trained co-ckfight-dog, i'm pondering thier is good points on its neck, you could manipulate, to further unhinge
his grip" puts down pipe",:)

diego
03-28-2002, 08:29 PM
for the average joe"not a martialjoe:) "
kick'em in tha nards, wolfmans goin down
do dog's have highlysensitive softspots, such as the nose in mimic of a grionshot?!>

red_fists
03-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Shoot him in the Head.

diego
03-28-2002, 08:35 PM
and dobies prowling the backalley, and he belongs to bikers up the block, they use him in dogfights, he's ****ed you don''t have a weapon, he jumps you before you van throw the garbage can:) .

old jong
03-28-2002, 08:39 PM
I have heard about a woman who got rid of a grizzlie by punching him on the nose!...It must be a lot more sensible than we think. I think a doberman should react like that also.
But the best way is to drive your arm into it's mouth until you reach the interior of it's tail,to pull hard and reverse the beast like an old sweatter!...;) Unless you can go for some chit in your pants and paste it in his eyes and nose!:eek: The safest way is to drop down on your four with your but in the air and imitate the female of the specie!...It may hurt a little bit but it could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship! ;)

Justa Man
03-28-2002, 08:45 PM
well if it's a doberman, then i don't think they have lock jaw. i've been told that if a dog is biting your arm, or has your arm in it's mouth, you take your other hand, put it behind the dog's head and jam your arm (the one that is being bitten) as far into the dog's mouth as possible. dogs have about 2 inches of gum and no teeth in the backs of their mouth. forcing your arm back there acts like a wedge, they won't be able to close their jaw.

i've thought about sticking my fingers into a dogs ears and seeing what i can pull out. if i can lift the dog up, then i'll go right for the balls or @sshole too, if the ears don't work. don't get me wrong, i get plenty of lovin at homebase. i think one should go for the most sensitive parts available.

red_fists
03-28-2002, 08:46 PM
Diego.

In that case I would hit the top of his Head with the Fist trying to give him a severe concussion.

Seen plenty of dogs fight and there doesn't seem to be much you can do.
Except try to submit and get the dog to calm down and let go.

Best Dog fight I saw was our ChowChow vs 3 Rottweilers, our Guy won that one.
It happened during a training session when the Rottweilers got loose.
Ever tried holding back a 45kg Dog that was bred for pulling sleds in snow and now wants to roll with the other 3 Dogs??

One Trainer quit after our ChowChow bit through his attack suit into his Arm.

Black Jack
03-28-2002, 09:09 PM
As someone who owns, has been around for many, many years, and has close friends who raise, UKC American Pit Bull Terriers and Irish Stratfordshire Terriers, let me just say that if one of these gamebred breeds has a hard on for you, well Red Fist had the best answer.

H2H vrs a large working dog, not to mention a dog trained in protection, is pretty close to suicide without a weapon.

Breaking its neck is a joke, pressure points are a joke, hitting it makes it more fun for the dog, if bit as stated above, stick your hand/arm as far down its mouth as it can go, do not pull away, that is unless you want to use that hand/arm to ever jack off again later in life.

I am active APBT advocate, so this is not in any way a anti-post, just stating the facts from a self defense point of view, I myself having been in the bite suit a few times before, IMHO they are the best dogs in the world, but only experianced and mature owners should own one, the breed does not deserve more bad press because its dumb$hit owners don't know how to raise a dog of this caliber.

BTW, their is NO such thing as a dog having locking jaws, its a myth.

diego
03-29-2002, 12:18 AM
i aisnt na biatch....

diego
03-29-2002, 12:19 AM
:)

diego
03-29-2002, 12:25 AM
Breaking its neck is a joke, pressure points are a joke, hitting it makes it more fun for the dog, if bit as stated above, stick your hand/arm as far down its mouth as it can go, do not pull away, that is unless you want to use that hand/arm to ever jack off again later in life."""

For all the stress my bro has put me thru, i remember when i was 8, thier was a pitbull pup, who would terrorize the nieghbourhood kid's. One day it was chasing me, and my bro and his friends diverted its attention, then it chased them, but ever since certian dogs have really ****ed me off, not the breed just some dogs can get really stupid.
Anyone reads this and they know of urls linking this topic, what to do when animals attack,
Thanks!.:cool:

respectmankind
03-29-2002, 12:28 AM
hmmm, well, i am a firm believer humans have just as many was of killing with their hands as a **** 'animal' does, so, meh... i find a hand is more useful than a jaw, although a jaw even in a human shoudl not be taken litely. now to anser teh question, i think, because i could do this, crushing teh throat would work, but that would most likely be after i has already hit, at which case, if i knew i was gonna be, i would try to get it to have me left arm... but meh, lots of ways to answer this, not really a lucid question

shaolinboxer
03-29-2002, 09:34 AM
I can't believe anyone actually participates in dog fighting. That is ****ing sick.

Aside from that, I'm gonna be in Kuaii is June. Better watch out for SJJ (shark jiu-jitsu).

wu_de36
03-29-2002, 09:44 AM
the dude in that story should have studied mizu-jutsu (http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11311)

Being attacked by a dog is not a good scene. Some dogs can be pacified by slowly backing out of their perceived territory. Making eye contact would be bad as it challenges dominance. Do not turn around and run from a dog. The dog will catch you, and probably by sticking its teeth into your hamstring.

If the backing away doesn't work, you need to quickly establish yourself as alpha male. Make yourself bigger, noiser, etc. guard your nuts and throat. Dogs also dislike open umbrellas. Kicking a trained dog is going to be ****ed near impossible. Your only hope is going to be to avoid the jaws, control the head and kill the dog as quickly as you can. This would be what we call a "worst case scenario."

I love dogs, much more than most people. I would never kill a dog unless I had to. But I know I'm no match for a trained attack dog, and my only chance is going to be to shoot it or stab it repeatedly.

I tend to bring out a caliming effect in most dogs, so I don't have this problem.

JWTAYLOR
03-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Ok, let me jump in as another voice of experience here. This topic has come up several times over the years, and we always get allot of friggin morons posting sh!t that could really get someone hurt.

1. Listen to Black Jack. He knows what he's talking about here. For many years my family raised Great Danes, Rotty's and an occasional APB and my experience is similar to his.

2. I know very few of you will believe me, but you really do not stand much of a chance against a big dog. The only shot you have if it really wants to hurt you is trying to get your hand down it's throat. I have done this to a rescued fighting dog that got too exited during play, it works. However, this was a dog that just got carried away, not a dog that was fighting me. There is a difference. Have no doubt that a dog that has an arm, or a leg, or a neck, will puncture your bones and break your limbs. No problem.

3. Pain means absolutely nothing to these dogs when attacking. Absolutely nothing. Don't think, for a second, that you will convince them to stop with pain.

4. Dogs want to "break" you down. If they have your leg, don't think, "it wants my leg". Dog's arent' stupid. Go watch a National Geographic film about wolves. They start with the leg and pull you down. The goal is usually to get to your throat, your skull, or sometimes your belly. It's not to thrash no leg around, it's to take you down. That's why bull dogs are so low. Yes, they were actually bred to hold down and kill bulls. They did it by getting the bull to go low where they ruled. So, don't go down. Stay up. Grab anything, sacrifice the leg, the arm, whatever, but stay up. The people who tell you to reach down and grab the dog's legs or to pick the dog up, or do anything that puts you closer to the ground are friggin morons. That's where the dog wants you.

5. All of that said, remember that dogs are domesticated. Most attacking dogs aren't hunting you. You are not prey. Don't behave like prey. Don't run. Dogs love to chase. It gets them in the mood to hunt, and you don't want that. They are most likely protecting some territory of theirs or feel threatened by you in some other way. Tell them "no". I mean it, a loud, aggressive dog will, 9 times out of 10, be stalled or stopped by you standing your ground and loudly saying "no, bad dog", whatever. Give it commands. It has most likely heard commands before. Make that "domestication" register. Then, duck your head and back away. Don't turn your back, just back the fu(k up. Don't raise your hands like you are going to hit it, don't charge it, don't lean over, don't threaten it.

BTW, I have personally whitnessed our APB, Rusty, get shot at basically point blank range in the forhead with a 223 rifle by my mother. Not only did the dog live, but it didn't even let go of the goat it had in it's mouth. (the reason for shooting it.) However, as soon as my dad told it to "come" it let of the goat and came right on over.

I always thought the Danes were more scary than the Pit Bulls or the Rottys. Although they were usually very calm, it was pretty intimidating to know that these dogs could run you down with ease, then, while you were still upright, stand up and litterally crush your skull with their jaws. They didn't even have to bring you down. Oh, and the Danes were eerie smart, eerie.

JWT

Black Jack
03-29-2002, 10:06 AM
JWT,

"Listen to Black Jack. He knows what he is talking about here.":D

I just found that line to sound funny;) It's about **** time

I notice how you refer to the pitbull as a APB, and not a APBT, something which I do as well in discussions, but here I thought I would use the full title just incase the outsiders would not know which technical dog I am talking about, actually most people I know just call the dog a bulldog, as in my and their opinions it is the most close to the orginial, very little terrier blood in most lines.

Great Danes are powerfull dogs, my only problem with them is with those puppy mill ****wads who have made it very hard to find one that is of capable and healthy strong working stock, at one time in history these dogs were the king of boar hunters, now most people use them as showpieces, have you noticed the same thing with most AKC breeders, are their any American breeders that raise these dogs not just for their perfect physical apperance but for its original strength, back when they did not have the stomach flip problem?

Just curious as I think the dog is incredible looking, but in most cases, the ones I have met lack a lot of stamina, though far more than enough to kick a humans ass twice over, but what kind of $hit for brains attacker would even think about messing with someone with one of those horses on a leash!

JWTAYLOR
03-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Unfortunatley, there is only one way to prove what kind of dog you've got.

Research it yourself. Look for yourself at the "parents", check out the bloodline for yourself, only buy from someone that can provide medical records for their dogs, go to a vet and have the vet look over your dog and have the dog's hips shot. Yes, although not anywhere near as common as other dogs, hip dysplasia is sneeking into the Great Danes as well. Most likely for the same problem you mentioned.

However, I will say that you will see, no matter what anyone tells you, a physical difference between the mottled Danes and the all tan ones. I don't know the real name for mottled kind, but they always seem a little more "loose skinned" and more powerfull than the solid colored ones, including the greys. I know, everyone will say I'm full of sh!t, but check it out for yourself.

Unfortunatley, no one "works" the Great Danes anymore. Largely becuase of this, my next dog with likely be a Spanish Mastiff. Although I like the English Mastif and the "Bull" Mastiff more, the Spanish Mastiff is the only one that I know of that is still in practical use. (They protect sheep herds from and hunt wolves in the north of Spain.) Either that or a Queensland Terrier (Australian Terrier). I still know of people (including my parents) that use these dogs as working cow dogs. Talk about smart dogs. I swear they can read your mind. They don't deal well with other dogs, however.

Oh, and thanks for not ripping me one for saying APB, I know how you bast@rds are anal about that.

JWT

Black Jack
03-29-2002, 11:10 AM
Since you like Danes, here is a serious big game dog that you might be interested in, all I hear is good things about them, their called the Dogo Argentino, they were bred and are used in Argentine and now even America as catch dogs for boar hunting, one of the reasons you may like them is because one of the dogs used to create them, was a Great Dane for size.

They are all white, super smart and as tough as nails, they look like a cross between a Great Dane and APB, some of the breeds that were hand selected to go into the creation in 1925 were the extinct Fighting Dog of Cordoba, Pointer, Pit Bull, Boxer, Spainsh Mastiff, Great Dane, Irish Wolf Hound, Dogue de Bodeaux, and Great Pyrenes.

Here is a website for you to see some pictures and get a deeper look at their background.

www.dogo.org

Justa Man
03-29-2002, 11:48 AM
yo, i just have to say, as i'm one of those cats who doesn't really know what he is talking about and is only relaying what he's heard, that i'm mad thankful that jwt and black jack shed the light they did. it's given me a whole new perspective on how to handle an attacking dog. i've always wanted to know from someone who knows what to do. thanks again peoples.
on a side note, i can't wait till i own a home with a spacious yard so i can own a german shephard. my pops used to train them in the german military and i look forward to the day i have my own..

wufupaul
03-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Blackjack, I knew a guy who had a dogo, sweetest dog in the world. He would wag his tail and smile when he saw people coming his way. Big dog, probably 120 or so. I'm thinking of getting another dog, probably an American Bulldog. I have a chow/pitt mix now, he's a big teddy bear, he loves my two cats, and he likes people, as long as I formally introduce people to him, hehe.