PDA

View Full Version : Creatine intake and Dairy products

Ka
03-28-2002, 08:47 PM
I would like to know if creatine taken with dairy is usefull or not?I understand that dairy products will line the stomach and slow down absorbtion of the creatine,but will it have any other effects?
Thanks

Qi dup
03-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Couldn't tell yah man, I have creatine almost every night with powdered milk:confused:

Paul
03-29-2002, 11:02 AM
from what I know, you're better off taking creatine with fruit juice, with grape juice supposedly being one of the best. If you don't have juice take it with water.

I think taking it with milk would be while probably not a total waste, probably not the best way to do it either.

Ka
03-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the replys gents,
I had been told to intake with glucose or honey in warm water,but am keen to try it in a fruit milkshake thats a daily part of my eating habit.I am thinking that the frutose will do the same thing as glucose??
Qi Drup, you haven't any problems with the powered milk?

Repulsive Monkey
04-01-2002, 09:52 AM
However from a Chinese Medicine perpsective, dairy products shouldn't be ingested regularly and then only in small amounts, due to their damp forming potential and thus make you generally more tired and more slowed down during the day.

Ka
04-01-2002, 10:44 PM
RM interesting stuff
Unfortunately this means my body is well and trully damp,I grew up on a dairy farm and reguraly posilished off 1 lt a day of the warm full cream stuff.I am petty much addicated to the stuff.

good side is that I have no filling in my teeth;)