PDA

View Full Version : Shoalin white tiger

Rei
03-08-2001, 07:22 PM
Hey, right now im pretty much studying the white tiger system (bak fu pai) and umm, id like it if poeple gave me the informatino they have on this style. i heard it was a dying one... is it true? i met vincent pepper wich is suposidely the grand 7th gen grand-master who studied under doo wai. yet again is that true? :D

well thanks for the help!

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

MoQ
03-08-2001, 08:16 PM
#.5- This school used to be a kempo dojo then lacy bootlegs got added for "flair"...

#1- Pepper's "White Tiger" is NOT BFP, endorsed by or associated with GM Doo or his Bak Fu Pai.

#2- There is NO authorized BFP in Canada, no one associated with authorized BFP, no one one associated with anyone who's associated, etc...

#3-FYI, BFP is a Taoist internal system from O'mei Mts. with only the vaguest relation to Fukien Shil Lum. There is no Shaolin White Tiger on the BFP side of things.

#4- There is no kempo blocking system in BFP, no kempo terminology, not kempo kicks, no kempo exercises, no kempo stances, no kempo forms or philosophy or anything having to do with kempo or any other styles and anyone adding these elements is doing so only at the expense of their association. It's just sad to have to add a bunch of synthetics to cover up holes.

In fact this is a great yardstick. The more other sh*t is mixed with yer BFP, the earlier yer disrespect got yer a$$ cut-off and out-o-the-will...

Rei
03-08-2001, 08:35 PM
i dont study WITH vincent pepper i sudy with richard shergold u can check him out at www.shaolinkungfuacademy.com (http://www.shaolinkungfuacademy.com) plus i dont do any kempo concepts... we learn some forms like lung form, thunder palms, 7 stars, gic bow cuen and chung bo cuen (however u spell em) and ya... i wanted info not critisism on vinny peppers :D lol
not like i care about him i just wanna learn stuff... so ya HELP is needed u wanna down anyone do it on ur own posts ;)

thething
03-08-2001, 08:57 PM
As discussed before, there is no 18 daoist palm, his iron palm is some what legit, but very weak as I assum he only has the very basics of foundation palm.

If you want some history of bakfupai check out
www.bakfupai.com (http://www.bakfupai.com)
This system has been a familly inherited art, so becareful of what you hear about it because its mostly bs if you don't talk to the right person.

MoQ
03-08-2001, 09:05 PM
Not "downing" anyone, just answering your questions. Peppers has his BFP perspective, but filler is the killer...

That school in Canada is completely unauthorized and unendorsed... Kempo? of course. 18 Daoist palms? well whatever that is, maybe... Pepper's "American White Tiger"? whatever... Bak Fu Pai? NO and I could add never onto that... What answers do you want?

BTW, by "unauthorized" I mean that the head guy there got some bootleg videos from Jim Lacy and all the surrounding extras are synthetic. People think they can add forms from videos to their kempo and no one can tell... or no one cares...

The Sunn Louie Jeung is a separate skill, is not related to the iron palm at all and is not even BFP ... hmmm... did you know that?

[This message was edited by MoQ on 03-09-01 at 11:31 AM.]

Paul Skrypichayko
03-08-2001, 09:32 PM
Hey, I'm from Edmonton too, and I've met your master a few times. I've seen him do some stuff, and he's showed me some stuff on Doo Wai, Vincent Peppers, Jim Lacey, and those other guys.

All I can say is I got a bad impression. Whenever anybody starts talking about kempo or American kung fu, or some super secret style that nobody knows, it's time for buyer beware.

MoQ
03-08-2001, 09:55 PM
Rei- I'll tell you one thing, the story on that site is a combo of compiled and contrived and I HOPE no one has even remotely suggested that it's source is GM Doo Wai or it is in any way representative of any BFP legends or position...

fiercest tiger
03-09-2001, 12:46 AM
did shergold train with peppers or is he still under lacy?

whats shergolds kung fu like?

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

billy_pilgrim
03-09-2001, 01:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Hey, right now im pretty much studying the white tiger system (bak fu pai)
[/quote]

No, you're not. Sorry, really not trying to be rude, I know that's what you were told, so it's not your fault.

id like it if poeple gave me the informatino they have on this style. i heard it was a dying one... is it true?
[/quote]

If Vince is the inheritor than the style is already dead, but, thankfully, that's not the case, so it's very much alive.

i met vincent pepper wich is suposidely the grand 7th gen grand-master who studied under doo wai. yet again is that true?
[/quote]

LOL! 7th gen grandmaster!!! Is that the tune he's singing now? Man, the stories just get more absurd w/time.

Vince knows a handful of handforms, and even those are all karatefied to the point of being almost unrecognizable, the rest ("Shaolin Opening Thunder", "In Morning's Light", etc..) is all Kenpo.
Vince has formed his own splinter group, and teaches the little BFP he knows, coupled w/the Kenpo and his own theology, a clumsy blend of Christianity, Taoism, Buddhism, and armchair mysticism.
If that's what you want to learn then save your money, cause he charges $80/hr...just don't call it something it's not, don't call it Bak Fu Pai.

As for your teacher, he is one of Lacy's guys right? He bought some tapes from Jim and now he's Jim's Canadian rep...OK, whatever, still isn't BFP, and like MoQ said, never will be. Sorry.

billy_pilgrim
03-09-2001, 01:25 AM
did shergold train with peppers or is he still under lacy?
[/quote]

You mean there's a difference? Aren't these guys in league now? Same thing.

Paul Skrypichayko
03-09-2001, 01:43 AM
Hey, give the guy a break. He doesn't know anything, otherwise he wouldn't be practicing there. The people you should be giving it to are the "masters" out there who are teaching and suckering the public.

fiercest tiger
03-09-2001, 02:05 AM
nice post you are right! :)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

lungyuil
03-09-2001, 02:28 AM
Moq & billy,
tone it down guys, you'll give the poor kid a complex.
Both you guys study BFP right? I guess by the hostility of your posts.

Instead of having a go at this kid, why don't you go close the schools down for teaching crap BFP instead of abusing everyone who doesn't really know the full story and just want their knowledge increased. :)

billy_pilgrim
03-09-2001, 02:39 AM
Is it just me or do some of you need to develop thicker skin??? You think my post was an attack? You obviously haven't seen too many of them if that's the case. Why do you think I was using words like "sorry" and "it's not your fault"???

Go close down the schools...OK, yeah, I'll just pretend that it's 18th century China, and I'll go on a pilmigrage to Edmonton, Alberta CANADA!!!(from the US southeast no less :rolleyes: ), for the sole purpose of closing down this school. How old are you???
What makes you think I want this school closed down in the first place? Guys like this make me sick, but they serve a purpose, they do keep certain people at arms length.
No hostility was directed AT the original poster, despite what some might think, the invective in the posts was fueled by frauds and was directed at them. Gotta go now everyone, I have a long journey ahead of me if I'm going all the way to Edmonton!

lungyuil
03-09-2001, 02:45 AM
Good luck!!!

tnwingtsun
03-09-2001, 08:31 AM
While we are on the subject of con men and these people who claim to be what they are not,check this site out,we SHUT these guys down in my town and if they ever come back with their silly claims of having CLC alive living in their basement,we'll run there arses out again,that includes you too PAUL O!,I'll bounce your MA hall of fame arse across your office like I did the last time we crossed hands,next time I won't be so nice,that goes for you too Miller,you know who I am,the Wong student that didn't buy into your phony circus tricks,I'm going to post these guys site.
None of the branchs they list endorse them other than their cronies.
This is for the guys like the one who started this post who don't know what the real stuff is.
Sounds like this Lacey clown is like these turds.
Buyer Beware
http://www.chineseboxing.com/pages/cbii.html

[This message was edited by tnwingtsun on 03-09-01 at 10:58 PM.]

fiercest tiger
03-09-2001, 08:42 AM
hi mate good here from you the other day, i enjoyed the chat. how was dinner with your sifu?

give us an email :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

tnwingtsun
03-09-2001, 09:14 AM
Me too FT,dinner was great!!,can still taste the dumplings,going to class today(Sat.).We were both talking Bai Mai and stuffing food at the same time!,lol,got some good info,I'll mail ya latter
;)
Don

word
03-09-2001, 12:16 PM
whit etige ris fake.

BIU JI
03-09-2001, 04:14 PM

Self-Thinking Follower
03-11-2001, 02:16 AM
TNWingTsun, I did'nt know they were connected to CLC, are you sure? I thought they were Taiwan connected.

Rei
03-12-2001, 05:02 AM
wooho i knew i came to the right poeple :D nothing better then gettin oppinions around the world!!! thank u all

POK now to answer stuff

paul: ya i know hes sooooooo self centered and **** altho hes a real good fighter and has some skills :P

fiercest tiger: dunno not sure havent seen him in awhile i thgouth id get more info bfore actualy goin back or not :D but i think he is...

um and AGAIN paul: thanks i think oO i dont know anything?!?! :P lol i guess thats somewhat true but my more focus right now is traditional wushu (nnot that show stuff lol) and ya HES legit cause i talked to heming a lil and ya... lol but hey im an ignorant i know :|

and ok stop the KID crap or ill have to use that fake stuff to beat u all up :D but no seriosuly poeple i knew something was wrong i jsut didin know WHO to talk to then i found this place hehe u guys love bashing that peppers huh

this ll get my ass kicked but im goin there and giving shergold hell :D oh hes gonna get it now...x(

and ya back to the kid stuff.... ill take on anyone (IN A FRIENDLY SPARING MATCH!!!) im civilized after all ;) whos in edmonton and willing to kick my ass lol but hey its all fun when its done with love lmao
ANYHOO ok then umm since u poeple are SO knowledge full gemme the insight on mark chan!

whats HE like? oO greendrg.worldgate.com tell me bout him balst him all u want hes a nice guy tho:D and umm ya... thanks again

(boy ill get it now...)

Paul Skrypichayko
03-14-2001, 09:44 AM
Rei;

You think he's a good fighter and has some skills? Really? What kind of skills, what fights has he been in?

Doesnt matter what Heming says, he could tell you that Shergold's the tooth fairy, it wouldn't necessarily make it so.

No need for sparring. Most people have better things to do with their time and training to work on. Besides, I wouldn't want to become a murderer. If you like training there, and won't listen to everyone's advice, that's your fault.

Also, no need to drag anyone else into this. If you have anything to say about Mark Chan, say to him or his students

Rei
03-14-2001, 07:21 PM
Well i AM listening to peoples advice and making a little study on what they say. i do enjoy training there but there are still the little things that make it uncomfortable.

Who said i said anything about Mr Chan?? :confused: i respect the man for what he does and have nothing but respect for him... why does everyone say that i talked againts him? You people should try and lighten up a little. It would do u good. life isnt one big serious situation.

ANYways try to take it easy or else you wont enjoy life to its fullest.

Paul Skrypichayko
03-14-2001, 08:35 PM
Rei, your wording just makes it seem like you "could" be speaking negatively about him. No harm, no foul. :)

Rei
03-14-2001, 09:58 PM
ya well a whole life of sarcasm leads to this :D
but hey i couldnt say anything againts Mr Chan he cheered me on at the gingwu tournament ;) so ANYBODY WHO THINKS I DONT LIKE HIM YOUR WRONG... there now thats clear.

well paul, Shergold is a good (agressive tho) fighter. I always viewed kungfu as being the best because you can practice it at its most by being calm. that way u can release more power and focus more on ging and all the inner facets of the art. Not for the generals it produced.

Peace! Wanna talk to me email me! r_daure@mail.co

fiercest tiger
03-15-2001, 12:15 AM
are you talking richard shergold the lacy bak mei canadian rep. because if you are he is terrible, please excuse my arogants but he hasnt got the body postures or the correct info on bak mei kung fu.

how do i know this?? :rolleyes:

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Rei
03-15-2001, 04:13 AM
what do u mean? oO. Mr Shergold has good postures from what i know in martial arts. it makes sence to use them the way he does. IF they are wrong then the PROPER ones must be useless ;) it aint wushu u know... the stances have to be strong but if u say so then corect me please. what are the proper ones? let me in on ur knowledge.

anyways if u wanna help me its all good my friend. im always up to learn more!

Peace!

MoQ
03-15-2001, 06:40 PM
All MA are good if you can use them.
Shergold is from kempo. Just cuz its called "Shaolin" kempo doesn't mean it has anything to do with CMA(which is what they want you to think of when they say "kung fu"). A foundation in kempo, once set, must be surgically removed, or a CMA graft won't take.

People always come to this... But they can't bear to face that their psychotic fantasy has become a bad investment. People have told you and you should've bee able to see for yourself. Anyone seeing BS about "Shaolin White Tiger" should hear the sound of a bell..."DUNG"

The Bak Fu Pai does in no way endorse, recognize or accept these pretenders and BS Artists claiming and dropping names and then defying authority when they are asked to desist.

Since BFP is small, they are now trying to align, but these idiots are deluded beyond repair and by the time they're all self proclaimed grandmasters and professors the real art will be gone and the hollow claims won't even be heard.
These kempo MF's are just adding bits from stolen videos to their kempo and calling it by a fancy name...

They think that trying to dumbdown BFP and make it like friggin' kempokaraddy and trying to dishonor and and ruin BFP and the GM is the best foundation for their claims of being disciples and inheritors and all that cr@p! It IS insane... or maybe just a combo of wicked and stupid...