PDA

View Full Version : Buying weapons from hong kong or canton

uhwo
03-30-2002, 04:55 AM
I was wondering if anyone know about shops in hong kong or canton. I'm visiting china soon and I need to bring some weapons to my sifu and some for me also. I have never visited china before and I'd like to get some information beforehand. And I'd also like to know do the prices in those places vary much?

wu_de36
03-30-2002, 11:42 AM
i would make sure you understand how the customs process works and make sure they don't have any weird weapon policies.

straight blast
03-31-2002, 05:18 AM
Your profile doesn't say where you're from so I don't know if this is relevant...
I went to China a year or two ago & coming back into Australia we had to declare and have scanned anything made of wood we'd bought in China because of some kind of wood parasite. If the parasite was found the offending item was confiscated and destroyed.

That'd be a biotch if you'd bought it for your Sifu! Check very carefully the quality of any goods you buy over there 'cos you may lose them on the way back!

friday
03-31-2002, 06:58 AM
in terms of price u will find that china is better than hong kong unfortunately u will be easily picked that u aren't from around there and as u are a first time shopper there...u are unlikely to get as good a price as my sifu who usually bulk buys some weapons there from a friend of his whom he has been a customer for a long time...good luck tho'. if u can find someone u trust who knows the ppl there and can refer u.

uhwo
04-01-2002, 11:58 AM
That wood parasite thing was interesting. I have to get some information about that. Do you have any ideas are there lots of kung fu stores there? So chinese people treat foreigners rudely? How come I thought they are friendly people? I guess I have watched too many kung fu movies with superfriendly characters ;)

Do you people have any idea how easily one can find a katana in china?

-uhwo

JWTAYLOR
04-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Call me a purist, but if you want a Katana I would suggest a Japanese maker.
JWT

wu_de36
04-01-2002, 04:11 PM
i'm sure finding a katana would be very easy.

finding a good katana is difficult anywhere.