PDA

View Full Version : Tendon Loading Form

Ka
03-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Wondering if any BGZ practioners have a tendon loading sort of a form involved in there training?I am currently leraning a form which my teacher tells us is a tendon loading Qigong form.It consists of 8 short circle forms which require some holding of position(while Circle walking) and some moving components.It is different then our qigong form.It feels good,seems to work on forearms , back(particularly scapula) and spine.
Any people with simular stuff?

dedalus
03-30-2002, 04:52 PM
I think all bagua exploits tendon force, and the forms of most styles are built with this in mind.

Just for interest sake, what is your usual training routine and bagua qigong?

Ka
03-30-2002, 08:03 PM
Hey
The qigong form is 8 different hand positions to be performed on both sides while walking the circle at different speeds.
The TL form has some of these hand positions and others requiring transition moves,(but in no way martial)lifting and lowering of the body performed also fast and slow.
Our qigong set feels quite mediative while the TL set feels quite a stretching and conditioning set.

The combat side is mainly partner work.set drills and flow work.

Crimson Phoenix
03-31-2002, 04:19 AM
As far as I'm concerned, all my bagua forms from basic to advanced are tendon loading forms...the way my teacher makes us practice, just walking the circle is tendon loading (weight on the quadriceps tendo, connection on the spine, torque of the forearm, etc...), all with a heavy intention work, and not actualy forcing with the muscles. If you practice bagua moving like you would in any style except that you give it a bagua flavor, it's not bagua IMHO.
These forms are very painful (more for the spirit, which seldom experience such stretching of tendons, than for the body), like doing walking stretching (except that you don't stretch the muscles). But when you stop, all is left is an intense sensation of being relaxed and toned...