PDA

View Full Version : Is everything ok in Taiwan?

NorthernMantis
03-31-2002, 04:25 PM
Tainan are you okay bud?I heard there was a bad earthquake there.Hope everyone was okay. 6.0 on the richter scale, it's kind of massive.

Tainan Mantis
03-31-2002, 10:21 PM
We are ok in Tainan. Several people passed away in Taibei.
The most devastating earthquake of the 20th century is called 921. This one occured 921 days later.
I haven't counted, but the newspaper made a big deal of the numbers.

It would appear that the deaths were caused by improperly fastened cranes on a hi-rise construction project. Heads will roll.

NorthernMantis
04-01-2002, 06:28 AM
Yeah I saw that on the news. I felt bad for the por people who got struck by those machines. It wasn't a pretty site. Its great to hear that you guys are ok. Keep up the training.

Stacey
04-02-2002, 04:06 PM
The US was evil and so God sent Ossama son of Laden, Taiwan was evil so their gods sent them earthquakes.

woliveri
04-02-2002, 06:14 PM
The US was evil and so God sent Ossama son of Laden, Taiwan was evil so their gods sent them earthquakes.

Haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaa har har heee heee ha!!!
Wooo hoooo haaaaa haaaa heeeeeeeeeeeee haaaa
[gasp for breath]
Harrrrrrrrrrrr harrrrrr haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa

Good one Stacey,

Actually, it might be more humorous if such events weren't so tragic.

You have some kind of twisted mind.

I love it.... superstition in religion.
God, please save us from your followers..

PaulLin
04-03-2002, 12:52 AM
To God's eyes, the real lost and gain is in eternal terms. All the things in this world do not belong to the eternal world. It is only a tragic to God if that you value the temperary limited values(that will be destroyed in time any way) over the eternal value. What you see good as human eyes don't mean it is good in God's eyes and what you see bad is the same. As long as we lived, we should always value the eternal more than the limited so that when the time that comes for one must leave this little human body, one's soul will accept the eternal ways rather than ignor it and still looking for the limited way.

When we practice kungfu, we know that the first we can improve body ability, mental ability, and survival ability. Then when reach higher level, one will see more long term benefits rather than the immediate benefits in the beginning. That is where Chi and internal kicked in. Chi is the invisible energy that will make changes in the physical body. Chi link to the nature's law. That links the kungfu to the nature's law. And the nature's law have to do with eternal value. So I can say that by harmonizing the physical body, chi, mind, and spirit, one can find eternal value and live well in the limited world. That is what you can get for practicing kungfu correctly.

I really don't get sad about if a person died, but I will get sad about if a person died without value the eternal ways--you can call it Tao.

ExitusDeorum
04-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Nice post Paul! :) Very profound and reflective on the whole subject of the Martial Arts. A god contrast to the moronic post above that made me want to retch...
What happened in Taiwan was bad, very bad. But such hardships make those who remain all the stronger for it. Pressure forges diamonds...

Peace.

NorthernMantis
04-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by woliveri

Haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaa har har heee heee ha!!!
Wooo hoooo haaaaa haaaa heeeeeeeeeeeee haaaa
[gasp for breath]
Harrrrrrrrrrrr harrrrrr haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa

:D lol!

What was that all about?

PaulLin-

I totally agree with you except that it saddens me when someone dies of unnatural causes beofre their time.Life is a precious gift that we cannot take for granted but I understand what you mean.You hit the nail on the head about what is right to people and what is right God.

woliveri
04-03-2002, 01:42 PM
NM, I was in a crazy mood when I wrote that. <smile> That, along with the superstitious religious remarks from Stacey just sent me over the edge. Not that I'm not there most of the time anyway <G>.

NorthernMantis
04-03-2002, 05:25 PM
lol ok I see. Ususally I don't see that side of you even though you are deranged most of the time;) Not like stacey though

Stacey
04-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Paul Said it perfectly.

I don't distinguish dreams from awake life. From the perspecitve of metitation, when I approach the tao, both of these are the same.

life is but a dream, what is eternal is what is real. They even demonstrate this with physics.

I was joking, a personified god is an idol...might as well be of clay. A god you can think of is not god. God created us,,,a god we can understand is created by us in our own minds in our image....this is an illusion.

GeneChing
12-12-2016, 02:10 PM
...but I just cannot resist the sheer artistry of Taiwan animators. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fcwFnjx7yY

rett2
12-14-2016, 11:31 AM
0:47 :D

1:22 :eek::D

ten characters

GeneChing
10-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Launching this thread because I predict there will be more emoji news forthcoming. It's all about emojis nowadays. ;)

Taiwan flag emoji disappears from latest Apple iPhone keyboard (https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/10/05/taiwan-flag-emoji-disappears-latest-apple-iphone-keyboard/?fbclid=IwAR2aFEDlQlZdxnuJVLUwIai_h7cwu1NjEvb74wbo JAfpRic1PyMsLRoC8aU)
5 October 2019 12:22 Kris Cheng 3 min read

The Republic of China flag emoji has disappeared from Apple iPhone’s keyboard for Hong Kong and Macau users. The change happened for users who updated their phones to the latest operating system.

Updating iPhones to iOS 13.1.1 or above caused the flag emoji to disappear from the emoji keyboard. The flag, commonly used by users to denote Taiwan, can still be displayed by typing “Taiwan” in English, and choosing the flag in prediction candidates.

The change was spotted by Hong Kong online forum users recently. The iOS 13.1.1 update rolled out at the end of September in order to fix bugs.

王博源 Wang Boyuan

@thisboyuan
Apple’s region lock of ROC Taiwan flag ���� extended beyond CN devices to HK and Macau’s in the iOS/iPadOS 13.1.1 rollout. Interestingly, the new lock only affects the keyboard, and has no problem displaying and is easy to bypass by switching region. https://twitter.com/hirakujira/status/1179627685443751936 …

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF8ST4vUYAA87YA?format=jpg&name=900x900
Hiraku
@hirakujira
iOS 13.1.1 之後,在香港、澳門的 Emoji 鍵盤不會出現中華民國國旗了 - https://ift.tt/2o0KUAo | Hiraku Dev

01:57 - 3 Oct 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy
171 people are talking about this
An HKFP reporter using an iPhone with iOS 13.1.2 also observed the change. Previously, the Taiwan flag emoji was banned on iPhone in China.

According to an article on Hiraku, a blog about Apple devices, any device model with “CN” or “ZA” region – denoting China and Hong Kong – will not have access to the Taiwan emoji via the keyboard.

If users have a device from another region, but they set the region to Hong Kong or Macau, the Taiwan emoji will also disappear. The Hiraku article stated that, before the 2018 model iPhone XS was released, the region code of Hong Kong was “ZP,” but it was changed to “ZA” after the iPhone XS was released.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/photo6105186004722887026.jpg
The Taiwan flag emoji can still be typed. Photo: HKFP.

“This means that all Hong Kong devices since iPhone XS / XR with iOS 13.1.1 or above [do not] show Taiwanese (ROC) flag in Emoji keyboard any more, and there’s no workaround to pass this restriction,” the article said.

“On the other hand, devices in other regions can add this restriction with software settings. If you want to try, just change your iOS 13.1.1+ device region to Hong Kong, and make sure that the interface language is not set to ‘Traditional Chinese (Taiwan),’ and then you can [find] that the Taiwanese flag is missing…”

Last year, HKFP reported that the names of some Chinese state leaders and activists were deemed “inappropriate words” and censored shoppers hoping to engrave their iPad, iPod Touch or Apple Pencil with a custom message.

Taiwan has been ruled by the Republic of China government since 1945 after Japan – which occupied the island for 50 years – was defeated in the Second World War. The People’s Republic of China claims that Taiwan is one of its provinces and does not recognise it as an independent country.

Live map banned

Meanwhile, an app showing the location of Hong Kong police deployments has been barred from the Apple app store.

HKmap.live 全港抗爭即時地圖
@hkmaplive
"Your app contains content - or facilitates, enables, and encourages an activity - that is not legal ... Specifically, the app allowed users to evade law enforcement."@Apple assume our user are lawbreakers and therefore evading law enforcement, which is clearly not the case.

11:58 - 1 Oct 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy
321 people are talking about this
It was banned as Apple said the app contained content that “facilitates, enables and encourages” illegal activities, the app’s developer said on Twitter.

“To make it clear, I still believe this is more a bureaucratic f up than censorship,” the developer said. “Everything can be used for illegal purpose [in] the wrong hand[s]. Our App is for info, and we do not encourage illegal activity.”

The app is still available on Google Play store. Its website version is also available.

THREADS
Emojis (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71534-Emojis)
Is everything ok in Taiwan? (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?11394-Is-everything-ok-in-Taiwan)
Hong Kong protests (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?23536-Hong-Kong-protests)