PDA

View Full Version : What is Hakka Wing Chun and what kind of Forms does it have

FIRE HAWK
03-31-2002, 08:34 PM
What is Hakka Wing Chun and what kind of forms does it have and how is it different than Southern Mantis ?

Rolling_Hand
04-01-2002, 04:18 PM
There's no such thing as Hakka Wing Chun. Get real and stay nine yards away from Rene Ritchie.

yuanfen
04-01-2002, 05:54 PM
I know zilch about Hakka wing chun as a separate art with that
specific name..
But as southern arts way back borrowing of things in southern arts is bound to have occurred. Good teachers prune and graft provided they dont compromise the principles they have to learn very well.

Rolling_Hand
04-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Take your lips off Rene Ritchie's toes!!!!

reneritchie
04-02-2002, 08:00 AM
FH - Like many Hakka fists, there's not a lot of info available on it. I've seen it mentioned on the former-VTAA forum, by a SEA member of the WCML, and in a short Chinese piece on Hakka fists. (And it may or may not have any relation to Foshan Wing Chun, much like Fujian Wing Chun might or might not have any relation to Foshan Wing Chun).

Joy - Yup. There were Hakka among the Red Junk, among (to say the least) the Taiping, and in the area in general. Wing Chun, like Hung, is not a specific name.

RH - Sorry to see you lose your center so easily.

Rgds,

RR

yuanfen
04-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Joy - Yup. There were Hakka among the Red Junk, among (to say the least) the Taiping, and in the area in general. Wing Chun, like Hung, is not a specific name.
------------------------------------------------
(((I have mentioned before- I grew up with some Hakkas in Kolkata
(calcutta). Some of them did practice some "family arts"-not any wing chun that I can remember. Calcutta has the largest Chinese community in India including around 10,000 Hakkas. Many are in leather tanning businesses and of course some restaurants.)))

RH - Sorry to see you lose your center so easily.

(( Same old same old.Not to worry about bores.Some folks dont know what a center is!Its buried ina footnote in their painting by numbers manual somewhere.)) Joy Chaudhuri in getting hot Arizona.... wish I was dog sledding in the far north. Mush.

Rolling_Hand
04-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Fire Hawk is a new kid on the block.
Yuanfen has short-sighted eyes.
Rene - Take responsibility for some of the blame. It helps you to show a human face. With your eyes on the toes - Hakka Wing Chun. "Center" was just an illusion to your eyes.