PDA

View Full Version : Take down artists

Ray Pina
04-02-2002, 01:32 PM
Just thought of soemthing from when I was a kid in HS.

Freshman year, 1988 or 89. I was drinking ona football fiedl with all my spanish friends from newark. Some football payers from the all white town we whent to HS in showed up. One insulted us and a phillipino friend of mine fought him.

Usually few punches, then somehow he got the other bigger guy down. I'm trying to visualize it. He got his head down between his legs and just kept kneeing him in the face. Like 5 or 6 solid knees to the head. I felt bad for the kid, but he deserved it -- calling us $picks. (I'm half Cuban but people say I look like a cross between Italian and Hawain (slanty type eyes ala Steven Seagal)

Anyway, I never forgot that. Even then, I wasn;'t so great of friends with the phillipino kid, and wondred how I could have gotten out of that.

I have always respected good fighters, no matter there style. He was just a street fighter who's been around the block, but that move was devistating.

rubthebuddha
04-02-2002, 01:36 PM
sounds like some silat stuff i've seen -- considering the bugger's filipino, that'd make sense. however, i couldn't tell you any names -- only that it's been done to me a couple times in practice. :)

any silat hosers out there in forumland?