PDA

View Full Version : MetRx bad for you??????

ZhouJiaQuan
04-02-2002, 04:43 PM
hi im wondering if anyone can help?
I was just talking to my roomate and he said MetRx stuff is bad for you. this is the first ive heard of it and am thinking its a load of bs but who knows.
Anyone?

Thanks

Dragon Warrior
04-02-2002, 06:47 PM
I personally agree with your friend.
I consider MetRx labfood, and never touch the stuff.
I wonder how much of the nutrition in those bars a person actually absorbs, and if the proportions of nutrition in those bars also cause imbalances in nutrient levels.

IMHO, you are always better off snacking on whole foods, instead of labfood.

iron mantis
04-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Metrx isn't the best supplement out there. You're taking in an amazing amount of nutrients in either one shake or one bar. If you take vitamins on top of that then you are overloading your body. This is bad. The body can only absorb about 20 grams of protein at one time. You really don't need all that added stuff in the metrx product either. If you want to increase muscle production then protein is a great way to go. After working out the body uses protein to rebuild muscle tissue. Protein shakes will work just fine. I can't remember all of the metrx ingredients but as I recall some of them had medical evidence showing damage to the kidneys from the chemicals being hard to process.
If you go with a protein shake(my recommendation), get a soy based product that is a non-GMO. GMO's put hormones into the body that are going to have some strange effects. GMO's have been cleared by the FDA but the testing on the effects of introduced hormones has been minimal. It's your body, treat it right and you will live a long life.

Good luck and I hope my post helps.
I.M.