PDA

View Full Version : where can i get my yellow belt

beautifulvaley
04-02-2002, 11:28 PM
I was wondering where i could get my yellow belt in the martial art chi kung.......... or are there even belts in chi kung

Shooter
04-03-2002, 12:33 AM
Yes. You can get a yellow belt in just about anything these days. :)

red_fists
04-03-2002, 12:51 AM
Where to get a Yellow Belt.

I would say most MA Supply stores should stock them.
;)

Sum Guye
04-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Chi Kung means "breathing skill"

While it's great for your health- there is no 'martial' involved.

Shooter
04-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Sum Guye, there are Chi Kung routines which directly address martial skill development. My school has one routine for ground and one for standing in our curriculum.

woliveri
04-03-2002, 03:25 PM
Yellow Belt in Qi Gong.

I can give it to you.....

Breath in to your dan tien,
Breath out

Breath out

Breath out

Now that'll be 100.00 please... :D

Scarletmantis
04-03-2002, 04:56 PM
If Wolveri's perscription sounds too involved (not to mention expensive), why not buy one from this forum's online store? They're only about $5.00. Shoot, why not buy a black belt instead? It costs the same, you see.:D

But in all seriousness, if a Chi Kung teacher claims he/she has a black belt in Chi Kung, you're better off looking elsewhere for your training. Just my opinion.

Bodhi Richards

beautifulvaley
04-03-2002, 05:19 PM
ahhhhhh. hmmmmmmmm. I think I understand....... thanks guys . so does anybody here have there blackbelt in chi kung.. narf narf

Sum Guye
04-03-2002, 05:54 PM
I can't tell if you're joking or dilluted.

beautifulvaley
04-03-2002, 10:49 PM
hey sum guye::::: what are you saying chi kung is just breathing and isn't the deadly martial art that I think it is ,,,, after all thats why i wanted my yellow belt in the first place so I can take people out. narf narf

beautifulvaley
04-03-2002, 10:54 PM
scarlet mantis """"""""""""" almost forgot I like your quote it was so funny I had to jump into a clean pair of depends

jon
04-03-2002, 10:55 PM
Yeah watch out what you say about combat qigung or an unnamed Ling Kong Jing self proclaimed grandmaster may shoot chi at you in your sleep from accross the globe hit liver six and rupture your pelvis!

Seriously ive studied a fair wack of Hard qigung and a LOT of it has been combat orientated to the point of many movements even having direct practical applications.
Look at the Iron Wire set in Hung Ga as a prime example, the movements are a form of hardstyle chi gung yet not only have practical appliactions but whole methods of force generation linked to differing internal generations of power and sound.

errr narf narf ;)

red_fists
04-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by red_fists
Jon.

Don't underestiamte "Smelly Belt-Fu".

Dogi Belts are not washed and can really do some damage if held too close to your nose.
:D :D

Secret Weapon/Technique of the Judo-ka.

And the real reason why people cross the road when they see a JMA Guy approaching after training.

narf narf;)

Shooter
04-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Sum Guye, As Jon wrote, there are hard Chi Kung routines which directly correspond to fighting method.

Tai Chi doesn't have the same "hard" approach as other systems. But even the routines we practice, although they're based on Tai Chi principles, have an obvious relationship to combative application.

Sum Guye
04-04-2002, 11:48 AM
Gymnastics have certain movements that have an obvious relationship to combative application.. would you call gymnastics a "Martial Art"?

Shooter
04-04-2002, 12:22 PM
But even the routines we practice, although they're based on Tai Chi principles, have an obvious relationship to combative application.

Sum Guye, sorry, the above was a lame attempt at humor. As for your question, I would have to say yes. (gymkata :p )It's a matter of tactical awareness, body-awareness, and perception.