PDA

View Full Version : info on choy li fut forms

kei lun
04-03-2002, 12:06 AM
I have an old videotape from a Hong Kong tournament and during the performance I saw a lot of CLF forms I donft know. Does anyone know these forms and where they fit into the hierarchy?
Lohan Fook Foo Keun
Fut Jeung Keun
Baak Mo Keun
Tin Gung Keun

extrajoseph
04-03-2002, 01:08 AM
Master "General" D. Lacey Jeung Moon Yun (Chief Curator and Founder) THE BUCK SING GWOON of Australia & America has spoken out in his latest article, to quote him:

"Instead of being curious about how many forms there are in Choy Lay Fut or who knows what and who does what, why don't you "hot heads" get off your high horse and spend more time practicing what you've learnt and try to improve yourselves! Who cares how many forms you know!"

In view of what he has said, why don't you take his advice? Master "General" D. Lacey Jeung Moon Yen knows what he is talking about because his teacher is none other than the most fearful Buck Sing Master Kong Hing. To quote the "General" again:

"In the Hong Kong Choy Lay Fut fraternity one man has long been regarded as the most powerful and reputable figure in Choy Lay Fut. Many have tried but NO ONE has been able to beat him in contest of martial arts fighting skills or outwit him in a verbal dispute! Even Choy Lay Fut elders such as revered Grandmaster Lun Chee has nothing but the highest respect and admiration for him. He is none other than Buck Sing Choy Lay Fut's 3rd generation disciple, KONG HING. If you weren't aware of this, it's time you woke up for it's obvious you have been living in your own corner of the world too long!"

If I were you, I'd refrain from asking questions about forms for the time being. No sarcasm is intended, I am just trying to save your skin. I can see some people may view your question straight after his posting as a provocation directed at him. We should minimize any conflict if at all possible.

JoesphX

bean curd
04-03-2002, 02:02 AM
extrajoseph,

now you are not going to play this game again are you ?? what you have written is a very poorly vield insult, and i thought you where above this.

your dispersion on both these two men, david lacey and kong hing sifu is very low even for you.

your suppost for chan is favourable but at the expense of others it is disappointing.

if you have probs with david lacey sifu then why not just ring him and discuss over the phone i am sure if you can't find it someone here can give it to you.

what you have written in reply to a proper question is so out of context it shows your insecurity, to that end what david lacey has said, one can question, to put things up in a public forum is therefore going to bring questions, but to select parts so you can make your own case stronger is rather sad.

chan and lacey's have always been good friends why do you wish to question this, what purpose of self are you wanting for ??

shall we play again or just walk away, i prefered when we talked of interesting things not bring such distractions that are not required, you once corrected me on my tone, now i do the same for you.

to say " no sarcasm intended i am just trying to save your skin " is very very childish and a sad reflection of your understanding of the letter written and shown by k-no

:(

extrajoseph
04-03-2002, 04:28 AM
I knew this will happen, people will read whatever they want to read into a posting.

What I have given are quotes direct from Master "General" D. Lacey's article where he warned people about asking too many questions about forms and if we don't behave we better watch out. He also quoted his authority by naming his teacher's status, I merely mirrored what he said. In case you don't know, by definition, all quotations are selective and they were not out of context in this case because the question asked was about forms.

By saying that I have casted dispersion on these two men and being biased, you have lit the fire of discontent and inflamed the situation. Is this what you wanted?

Contrast to being childish, I higlighted the potential for misunderstanding by stating "no sarcasm is intended" right at the start.

If I have misquoted Master D. Lacey, please let him or his representative speak out. I have nothing to hide and further comments from the "General" would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, what has this statement of yours to do with my posting?

"chan and lacey's have always been good friends why do you wish to question this, what purpose of self are you wanting for ??"

I re-read my words a few times but I can't find any reference to your statement. What are you implying and who is playing games now?

JosephX

kei lun
04-03-2002, 07:13 PM
freaks!

anton
04-03-2002, 09:08 PM
here we go again....:rolleyes:

nospam
04-03-2002, 09:10 PM
kei lun,

Lohan Fook Foo Keun - buddha tames tiger
Fut Jeung Keun - buddha palm
Baak Mo Keun - white hair
Tin Gung Keun - iron arrow

I believe they are intermediate to senior level hand forms, depending on one's kwoon.

I would be very interested in receiving a copy of that tape, if you are willing. I reside in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I would offer a cash value if required.

Thanks.

nospam.
:cool:

straightblast5
04-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Hello Nospam,

I believe Tin Gung Kuen actually translates to "Day Light fist"

Tin Gung Kuen is a subset of the Che Seen Kuen set found within our lineage's curriculum.

Phil
Ng Family Chinese Martial Arts Association (http://www.ngfamilymartialarts.com)

extrajoseph
04-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Freaks indeed, next time bean curd, please attack the ball and not the player and that is the rule of any good sport.

If you think I am being sarcastic, then please tell me what I am being sarcastic about and in what way I was wrong.

Your personal insult of me is in very bad taste and completely out of context.

I am going to quote the "General" one more time whehter you think I am being sarcastic and attacking him again or not:

"A martial artist who clearly manifests the fine qualities of good breeding in his character is one who fully understands the TRUE meaning of RESPECT and the essence of being HUMBLE. Such characteristic qualities would not exist in a person who has a bad attitude and is full of self-pride. A martial artist who shows no self respect or respect for others will not earn the respect of his elders and peers in his fraternity. You show respect, you get respect!"

Whether you think he has showed respect of others and whether he practises what he preaches is entirely up to your own predudice, please don't dump your s**t onto me!

There now, I feel much better!

JosephX

nospam
04-03-2002, 09:35 PM
straightblast5,

How's things?

Thanks for the correction. How many fist patterns do you teach in your curriculum, Phil? And which is your 'best' performed pattern? I know we all have one :)

Mine is a pattern we call Gai Bun Ch'uan - it is one of those patterns that just feels...like me. It has served me very well at many tournaments.

nospam.

straightblast5
04-03-2002, 10:17 PM
Hello Nospam,

In my opinion? Too many(j/k)! ;) But seriously, we offer instruction in about twenty handsets. More handsets can be found in our lineage, but only twenty or so are included in the curriculum at my fathers school.

My best set? Hmmm Id have to say Hon Cheung Lin Wan Kuen - a set created by my Sigung using elements found in the Dai Kow Da and Siu Kow Da sets. It's short, to the point, travels in a straight line, and contains lots of chop chues.

Phil

nospam
04-04-2002, 09:13 PM
straightblast5,

I hear ya.

We have a Lin Wan Gin Ch'uan...it is a no nonsense, let's get it on type pattern. It is our last pattern taught in our curriculum.

And ya gotta like any patterns with tsap choi :D

nospam.

straightblast5
04-05-2002, 02:19 AM
chop chues rock:cool:

Phil